Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Portrait Photos

Started by Mediocre Rich, March 05, 2004, 01:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mediocre Rich

Basically starting this as I think that this portrait of one of my favourite people should be seen.

By William Klein, courtesy of //www.the-100.com.

I think it captures his spirit brilliantly. I like to think that free from the constraints of the media gaze Eric has gone completly car chasing bonkers (I realise that this isn't the case but it's a lovely thought).  I  wondered if any of you other discerning types have good examples of brilliant portrait photography (I'm sure you do).

If not then just revell in the lunatic genius that is Cantona.

mook

I know I'm missing the whole point of your thread but it gives me the chance to post a protrait (admittedly not a photograph) of another startingly bonkers froggie.

M. Serge Gainsbourg.  
In fact he's even better than Cantona. All Eric managed was a feeble attack on a pissed up football "fan". At least Serge managed to get banned by the Vatican, fuck Bridget Bardot and so be-witch a horse faced English bint that she hasn't stopped talking about it for nearly 35 years. Not bad for a rumply faced chain-smoker.

Err as I said I've totally missed the point of this thread..um Carry on.

Mediocre Rich

Actually sir I don't think you have missed the point at all merley hit it and taken a richochet into another perhaps more interesting area.

Serge was a superb Mad Frenchman who apparently died because "He drank to many cigarettes".  Wonderful.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Mediocre Rich"If not then just revell in the lunatic genius that is Cantona.

I was in a bar in Sale last night looking at a poster-cum-interview of the great man, while sobbing into a crap pint of Robinson's, and ruminating on the lack of a 'Cantona' at Man Utd, now.

Who was the girl that Serge Gainsbourg, at least I think it was him, got to sing a song and make a video about sucking on a lollipop, when of course it was really about blowjobs, but she hadn't realised, and then went ape-shit when it was pointed out to her?

My, what a long sentence...

mook

Lollipop? I dunno Vanessa Paradis perhaps. I know he appears sans clobber with his teenage daughter in a music video, the incorrigible old roue.

A quick google reveals this. Click the picture of Serge looking galllicly cool.

fanny splendid

QuoteThroughout the 1960s, Gainsbourg divided his time between his own records and writing songs for others. It was a career, but he remained a somewhat minor player in the music scene of les années yéyé. All this changed forever when he tied up with the 18 year old France Gall.

Her first hit had been «Sacré Charlemagne», released the previous year. But when she appeared on television, lollipop in hand, singing Gainsbourg's «Les sucettes», both of their careers went through the roof. Ostensibly the song of a young girl who loves anis flavored lollipops, «Les sucettes», in realitiy it was a vulgar joke made fully evident when Gainsbourg recorded the song himself. «Annie aime les sucettes / Les sucette's à l'anis / Les sucett's à l'anis / D'Annie / Donn'nt à ses baisers / Un goût ani / Sé quand ell'n'a sur sa lange / Que le petit bâton / Elle prend ses jambes à son corps / Et retourne au drugstore» Once the joke was explained to Ms. Gall, she never worked or spoke with Gainsbourg again!

Cheers for the link, mook, the answer was there!

falafel

Quote from: "fanny splendid"I was in a bar in Sale last night looking at a poster-cum-interview of the great man

That wouldn't be an interview about posters and semen?

Thought not.

Keith Moon, by some groupie, I dunno.

Mediocre Rich

Not French, but a lunatic all the same.

Perhaps the thread should be a very good picture of your favourite loony followed by a brief description.

sproggy

Has to be this one of Helen Mirren

Who in my opinion is one of THE most sensual women on earth.

God she could do some damage could she not?

terminallyrelaxed

I think this is probably a more apt portrait of Keith Moon, by Annie Leibowitz:

I was actually trying to find her portrait of Pele; which is basically just his feet at age 60 or so..

Tom U4EA

I like this one of Diamanda Galas up a cross... another Anne Leibowitz one...

Diamanda Galas is fucking cool.