Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

the war zone

Started by Adina Loki, December 03, 2005, 11:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adina Loki

Did anyone else watch this the other night? God that was disturbing.One thing i wasn't sure on, was the father molesting the baby toward the end? it looked like there was blood in it's nappy.

Anyone got anything to say about it? I don't think i've seen anything that hit me so much since Irreversible.

Leila

I've wanted the soundtrack to this film for years. Can't get it anywhere, alas. The piano music is fantastic.

The book is really good, it is even more fucked up than the film.

I did get the impression he was meant to be abusing the baby in the film, this wasn't in the book.

Adina Loki

I'll have to get the book then.Can't imagine it being any more disturbing than the movie, don't know if i could handle that biut i'll take your word for it.

I think there was something wrong with the baby as a product of sexual abuse and that's why the mother didn't seem to need much convincing from her son

Leila

The baby was sick in the book as well but there was no suggestion it was due to the Dad. The book is rather more disturbing, a lot more sickening stuff happens. No baby rape, mind. It is actually a great book if you can handle the grimness. I had a lot less sympathy for the sister in the book than in the film.

Horny Womble

I saw this years ago and thought it was an incredible film, didn't get much coverage probably due to the fact it is quite horrific.

Dirty Boy

Great film, seen it a couple of times now.That scene where the kids confront the father in the bedroom is incredible, the young girl in particular is great in this and has a rather lovely set as well, wish she was my sister... I don't remember seeing her in anything else.

I  just need a version with subtitles really, did they have to spend the entire film going between whispering most of the dialogue and peircing baby screams?

Is Nil By Mouth any good?

Leila

Quote from: "Dirty Boy"
Is Nil By Mouth any good?

It is quite good. Kathy Burke is great in it.

Horny Womble

QuoteIt is quite good.

QUITE GOOD!!!! IT'S INCREDIBLE!! Ray winstone is just awesome and gary oldman is fantastic, watch that film.