Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Motorsport Thread

Started by Ambient Sheep, December 07, 2005, 12:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monolith

It feels so inevitable that double points Abu Dhabi is going to decide the title...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It surely can't survive for long credibly if Hamilton wins the next race but has a retirement at Abu Dhabi- it'll be 11 race wins to 5 and Rosberg will be determined 'champion'.

monolith

I'm shocked it even went ahead in the first place. But this is the situation the powers that be must have wanted otherwise why make the change. Can't imagine many Formula 1 fans being pleased though, it devalues the other races.

If they change it to the last 3 races being worth 50 points (something they wanted to do this year) then you could potentially have two drivers dominating all year only for someone else to win 3 on the trot at the end and snatch it from them.

Not a likely occurrence but it's conceivable that it will happen at some point down the line if this is the path they are going down now.

Reminds me of "added time multi ball" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjI-qh37xf0 .

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There are so many more sophisticated,  and even simple ways to encourage more risk taking/gambling on strategy. But this is just a glorified fig leaf to potentially spare fia blushes if theres a dominant season.

The Duck Man

I'll throw this discussion point out there - Bernie was 84 on Tuesday. How long will he last? And what will happen when he goes? Ideally and realistically?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

In the interview with Sky before the race he looked and sounded every inch of his 84 years.

Between him and CVC Partners I have no faith that they'll renegotiate the division of money fairly. In particular, Ferrari who get paid 90 million dollars a year for turning up-before prize money. They reckon Marussia earned approximately 26 in total last year.

It feels uncomfortable saying so, but Max Mosely was absolutely right. Even if you have wildly different prize money, there ought to be a strict spending cap on development and personnel. Haas arent joining until 2016 meaning next year we may be down to 18 all year, four cars of which will be funded by Red Bull.

Bernie has one last chance to leave f1 with a legacy that ensures its survival- he appears to only just have realised his greed and lack of perspective have caused the sport to get run down like this.

It felt very weird racing with 18 and with Bianchi in a coma, pretty uncomfortable elephant in the room (or in this case not in the room) feeling all weekend.