Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

.......Peter Andre at number 1?

Started by no_offenc, March 05, 2004, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_offenc

What the fuck, and, indeed, what the fuck?

It's better than that Usher shite, but only for comedy value.  But still......what the hell is going on?

Tokyo Sexwhale

Have you been in Britain recently?  Or seen British TV or tabloid newspapers?

no_offenc

Haha, fuck off.

I know why he's at number one, but I don't get why he's at number one.  Spose it's all the 20somethings who remember going to see him back in the day.

Brought back memories of being like, ten, when I saw it on TOTP just then.  Aw.

chand

God help any students who are buying it 'ironically'.

Hairy Chin

It's that Chris Moyles fault on Radio 1 apparently. On my meeja forums I've read he's been championing it to get to #1 and the teenyboppers and listeners in general took not and went out to buy it.

I also heard Mr. Andre is giving his cut of the royalties to chaaarridy. Possibly for sick kiddeees, mate. But fair do's to him for that, but it's still crappy that he's got to #1 with the song he released about 7 or 8 years ago. Has it been remixed in the slightest or anything like that?

Gamma Ray

I knew this was going to happen as soon as I heard his name mentioned in connection with the wretched 'cedeadbeaty' thing. I blame everyone, you bunch of clownboats.

I think I've OD'd on irony. Calling Doktor Benway ... Or failing that, Doctor Dooom - you can't beat that third 'o' ...

Quote from: "no_offenc"What the fuck, and, indeed, what the fuck?

What exactly is so bad about it? Ok, so it's not a Bach cantata or anything, but how is it worse than any of the other pap in the charts?

"Your pretty looks surround me like a flowers a bloom
And I love the smell of your Elizabeth Taylor perfume"

Compared to "you're toxic/I'm going under" that's poetry!

In fact, isn't the pop/jamican dancehall crossover thing really in fashion at the moment what with Sean Paul and Beyonce, and so on? So couldn't you say that Andre was ahead of his time in some ways?

[Note - I have consumed some alcohol and am in a contentious mood]

Dangermouse

Quote from: "Hairy Chin"
I also heard Mr. Andre is giving his cut of the royalties to chaaarridy. Possibly for sick kiddeees, mate. But fair do's to him for that

Sorry dude, I hate to disagree with you, but it sickens me these days when everything is done for charity. It seems to be the excuse for doing anything.

All this cheap TV 'reality show' stuff that tries to justify itself by this sort of thing. It's shite and shouldn't happen. The leeches that do it get more in publicity and further monies by this small gesture.

Sorry but it's a little gripe of mine.

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "12 years, 11 months old"

In fact, isn't the pop/jamican dancehall crossover thing really in fashion at the moment what with Sean Paul and Beyonce, and so on? So couldn't you say that Andre was ahead of his time in some ways?

[Note - I have consumed some alcohol and am in a contentious mood]

Yeah, you're right. He's an innovator in retrospect. I mean, look at all the people he influenced. Ricky from 'Eastenders' when he did that song. Erm....

Peter Andre? 'Jamiacan dancehall'? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (wink)

european son

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"Have you been in Britain recently?  Or seen British TV or tabloid newspapers?

people will indeed buy anything if they've seen the artist on TV enough, which is why i demand that the following be released as a single for future #1 fodder.

Public Image Ltd. - Albatross

all ten minutes and thirty-four seconds of the thing.

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "european son"
Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"Have you been in Britain recently?  Or seen British TV or tabloid newspapers?

people will indeed buy anything if they've seen the artist on TV enough, which is why i demand that the following be released as a single for future #1 fodder.

Public Image Ltd. - Albatross

all ten minutes and thirty-four seconds of the thing.

It pains me to admit it, but good call european plum