Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:50:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Confetti

Started by Fishbulb, December 11, 2005, 02:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

They're probably terrified of making a comedy film that resembles Peter's Friends or The Parole Officer or Notting Hill or something - featuring lots of 'er, um' Manganisms is a way of ensuring that it'll appear mediocre at worst, never actually naff or awful.

TheWizard

This was actually alright, It was better than I thought it was going to be and the scipt while not being LOL all the way through did get a few hearty chuckles from me. The script was quite touching and sweet in places. Seeing 'Jez' and 'Sophie' naked together for most of the film warped me a lot.

Webb's knob appears in the film a lot as do Colly's norks. 6.5/7 out of 10 would be fair. It was very Best In Show obviously. The bedroom bit with donkey face is only in the trailer so it gets half a point for leaviing it out.

Godzilla Bankrolls

A shop has opened in Reading town centre, called confetti.co.uk. It's a wedding outfitters, and there are posters for this film all over it. I don't understand.

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "TheWizard"Webb's knob appears in the film a lot as do Colly's norks. 6.5/7 out of 10 would be fair.

For the film or the norks?

TheWizard

Why not, Both were better than I imagined.

Bean Is A Carrot

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"A shop has opened in Reading town centre, called confetti.co.uk. It's a wedding outfitters, and there are posters for this film all over it. I don't understand.

The shop probably owned the copyright to the name (or something similar) and/or they struck a deal with them to get free wedding product to use in the film in return for a big fat plug. I have a friend getting married in Reading and apparently Confetti have good stuff, but it's expensive.

BlodwynPig

Deserving a reappraisal?

lankyguy95

The only thing I know about this is based on Robert Webb's funny rant about Debbie Isitt on RHLSTP.

St_Eddie

Oddly, I don't think anyone within this thread ever addressed the fact that both Olivia Colman and Robert Weeb were disgustingly hookwinked into appearing naked in the finished film...

Quote from: The Mirror - Olivia ColmanIn 2006, Olivia Colman agreed to do the low-budget Brit flick Confetti in which Colman and Robert Webb played a naturist couple who were getting married in the nude.

She has since described the film as "the worst experience of my life" and says she was betrayed by the film-makers who had lied about how much of her naked body would be seen in the final edit.

"I now know there are some people who are just bad," she has said. They even started legal proceedings against the film-makers but abandoned them after deciding it was better to just pretend it had never happened.

Quote from: The Guardian - Olivia Colman"It's a fucking turkey. It was the worst experience of my life. You're better off spending an hour picking your toenails. I now never trust anybody. I love people, I believe in the goodness of people, but ever since that, there's a bit of me that died, a bit of trust that..."

Why? How? Where was the betrayal? "The betrayal was how much was going to be seen and what was going to be pixelated." So she and Ed never get drunk and say, "Let's watch Confetti, for a laugh"? "No, no, it's not funny to me at all. I didn't sleep for a year." Because of the nudity? "Yeah. It was horrible. My husband loves me, and I'm embarrassed showing him my body. I would not willingly show anybody my muff unless I'm married to them and I love them, and they love me."

Was she naive to make it? "I was naive, yeah, definitely. We both were." Could she have sued? "It was too late, and actually we did start. But it was so upsetting and Rob said, 'I can't do it, I just want to pretend it's not happened.' I was furious with him at the time, but he was so right in terms of letting it go."

Also, here's Robert Webb calling the director of Confetti "a lying cunt".

BlodwynPig

I know I'll get slapped wrists for bumping this aged relic, but thanks for that tidbit. I'm just reading up on the film and although my gut says it will be like the worst excesses of Richard Curtis films, the cast suggest that surely not (even though most of them are pretty much the late-development luvvies like those more associated with Curtis' films).

Jake Thingray

I really do miss the contempt for trendy, would-be American shit displayed by ELW10 and the like at the start of this thread.

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 28, 2021, 06:56:06 PM
I know I'll get slapped wrists for bumping this aged relic, but thanks for that tidbit. I'm just reading up on the film and although my gut says it will be like the worst excesses of Richard Curtis films, the cast suggest that surely not (even though most of them are pretty much the late-development luvvies like those more associated with Curtis' films).

I wouldn't bother watching it.  I did years ago and it's middling, forgettable shite.  The fact that it has such a great cast is interesting but in the same way that Movie 43 having a great cast is interesting (i.e. why are all these talented people lowering themselves to star in such dreck?).