Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Tumbleweed Awards 2005 - Results

Started by Neil, December 13, 2005, 07:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Right, you've had a month to cast your votes, those votes have been counted and verified, and we now bring you the results of the First Annual Cook'd and Bomb'd Tumbleweed Awards.  

We have to thank alan strang and Emergency Lalla Ward Ten from SOTCAA for the staggering amount of work they've put into this over the last few weeks.  

Now, go and take a peek at those results, and do let us know what you think.

slim

butnut

I'm going to say it here too, well done with all your work on that fellas.

Duffy

Bloody hell ... what a fabulous piece of work that is! Big plaudits to all involved. Slick as fuck, passionate and bloody funny in places.

Daaaaaaan

Well done, that was considerabely more enjoyable than the comedy awards usually is. Great pictures too.

lazyhour

Really enjoyable and interesting (and funny) read.  Bon mots to all involved.

Oscar

Fantastic work, very entertaining, thanks very much.

Regular John

Superb work! I hope the right people see this, and a few of them giving constructive feedback would be appreciated by all.

Gazeuse

Hehe...Brilliant!!!

I enjoyed that...Ta all!!!

Slackboy

Lee

Wow, a Dr David quote. Extraordinary.

Lovely stuff guys. Sorry for not voting.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Clinton Morgan

I enjoyed that. Will that cut out and stick to a cereal packet award be actually sent to agents and production companies?

mayer

Fabulous!

I've only read the awards and the quotes so far, I'm really looking forward to reading it all properly when I'm more awake and sober, but that really is brilliant looking and great stuff.

Quote from: "On Nathan Barley, Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry"Man he seen it comin like in bug powder dust, but he couldnt avoid it himself, part of it now dude."

:-)

I miss that guy.

Well done and thankyou to all involved!

Bogey

My goodness, that's absolutely supoib! Well done everybody and gosh, that  Strang's ever so good at drawing isn't he?

neveragain

Miraculous! I only wish I'd voted in it.

My prospective children are to be donated straight to SOTCAA!

23 Daves

Top work, I think, but I agree - it would be nice to read some acceptance speeches from the "victims" over the coming weeks.  Or justifications for their over-paid existences, one or the other.

Jemble Fred

Wow, I got a quote and I didn't even vote!

Not as a kind of silent protest or anything, just very busy. I know I've got a lot of stick for trying to be optimistic on here, but that's pretty fucking difficult with comedy these days. So rather than try to praise the dribbling 2 or 3% of good comedy out there, I've just been sticking my head in the sand*.

Plus, if you want my excuses to come with an obscure comedy reference, I try and abide by Mrs Hat's rules.

* In the past, some have put this down to my being a struggling comic of some kind, but I think those days are gone. I don't know.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote"Vessel of rot."

The Mumbler, 2005

Possibly the best quote I've ever seen about anything or anyone ever.

Marvellous site, by the way!

leelo

News of the awards has upset some on the Channel 4 "Comedy Forums"

Quote from: "racergoats2"Everyone at Cook'd and Bomb'd need to be cooked or bombed. They're all trying too hard to be ultra cool because they like Chris Morris

Quote from: "soton_babe"so they just don't like any comedy? well obviously they're going to be rel experts then. i sewar if the mighty boosh wins any of these awards...

And finally, my favourite

Quote from: "Jim G"Sooo is this a Chris Morris site or what?

Perhaps its all just too ironic for me

Edit: Oops, I didn't realise that there was an almost identical thread in CC that had already mentioned these goits.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Heehee, I was talking about that one on the chatroom last night. Check the Comedy Chat Tumbleweed topic, we've just been discussing it.

Big Jack McBastard

Fuck me I was quoted 4 times!

I really enjoyed that, well made and presented, a veritable bastion of bile.

lardboy

Bloomin' 'eck!  Reading through them and I start thinking "This bloke's spot on, that's exactly what I think".  Quickly look to see to the name under the quote and see "-lardboy".  Oh, that'll be why I suppose.

Nice to get a quote, as if I hardly ever post and didn't even vote.

Excellent work Neil, strang and Lalla and all others whoworked on them.

Varjak

As I'm typing I can see a copy of my flatmates 'Heat' magazine splayed out on the sofa. It is open on a preview page for their Pick of the Day and the main picture is a montage of the schoolgirl from 'The Catherine Tate Show' saying Am I bovverd? and Vicky Pollard from 'Little Britain'. This page was in the corner of my eye as I read through the Tumbleweed Awards: There we go. Exhibit A I though..  

Great work guys.

Frinky

Anonymous

Utter shite.
You are all gay spackers.

love,
RG.

TJ

Quote from: "Anonymous"Utter shite.
You are all gay spackers.

love,
RG.

Morris would be so proud... *sniff*

Anonymous

I'm ashamed to admit that I only looked at this after the article in Metro this morning that said there was an award for "most unironic ironicism". I almost voided, and I was fully expecting some horrendous festival of in-joke sneering that would divert me for 10 minutes and which I could leave going "what a bunch of tossers" and feel good about being a 100% leech when I last visited CaB.

But I was wrong, and Metro have done you a disservice (though I'm sure Associated Newspapers are very pleased to promote the site next to an advert for "In TODAY'S Daily Mail..."). Every TV comedy commisioner should be forced to read it, and I'm glad I did. I think it's articulated all the reasons why I haven't watched a full series of a TV comedy since "Attention Scum".

Marvellous stuff!  Top chaps for the work and hurrah that people voted!  I am miffed that Avid Merrion should give up and piss off, I'd rather him be shot out of a canon- SHAPED LIKE A BIG COCK! Ooh, I am edgy.

Anyway, enjoyed that very much, especially enjoyable after the Comedy Awards last night.

Brilliant work guys, wish I'd voted now.

Great way of promoting the site too. I think this thing has legs