Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Hi, my name is..."

Started by Banana Woofwoof, December 15, 2005, 11:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Beaner

Pffft... mine is a 'non-name'. And most people immediately assume that I am Italian, only to be disappointed.

Gazeuse

I know a feller called Pendle Poucher.

Lady Beaner

Ha!  Does anyone know if Chris Peacock still does the news on 'London Today'?

Almost Yearly

Always thought Spencer Pew (junior school classmate)'s parents might have put a little more thought in.

S.Pew. = Spewy.

And ditto Mr and Mrs Rurah, who moved to my village from americy with their daughter Deborah.

Apologies to old Whores for deja vu.

Still Not George

Same reason an old friend of mine's relatives included no Stevens or Simons. His surname was Wellings.

Oscar

I knew a Baba Cosmica for a while, in Spanish his name meant cosmic dribble, which suited him well.

Quote from: "Frinky"Helens. They're always a bit sex-mad

I have a friend called Helen who, although utterly lovely in all ways, has virtually no interest in sex whatsoever.

With reference to Polly, I don't think I've ever even met one.  However, until I was about 14 the name would always be associated with "put the kettle on".  Now I just think "Jean Harvey".  I prefer it that way.

Lady Beaner

Does anyone have a weird nickname or daft middle name?  I have an awful middle name and I won't be divulging it until I am drunk... sometime later this evening.  

Not really had a nickname apart from 'Beany', which came from my school days. At university for a short while I was simply known as 'Tits'.

hands cold, liver warm

my mum wanted to call me benjamin

thank god my dad stepped in

Still Not George

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"At university for a short while I was simply known as 'Tits'.
I know a young lady, student I'm pretty sure, who introduced herself to me as "Lou, but you might as well call me Tits."

We've come to refer to her as Busty Lou. Oh, and she works in a bra shop, as well as behind a bar. She's like a living stereotype.

hands cold, liver warm

I'm often called a complete tit

Dunno why, I have a normal saggy man chest

Xerxes & Friends

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Louises to me tend to be lawwwd and slightly gum-chewy.

Oh.

Not quiet and serious, then?

Other names for your kids, BWW:
Thatcher's
Mainland
Mae-din

humanleech

As is well known, the name 'Gary', or 'Garry' only came into use in this country due to the fame of Gary Cooper.

PeachSmints

My name is Katherine Bailey Hodges. I was supposed to be called Kate, but only my parents call me that and I have come to associate that particular diminutive with being in trouble so I prefer my friends call me Katie (which is what everyone called me when I was little). At university, most everyone calls me "KT" which is great because it forces Americans to say my name properly with a T instead of "Kaydee".

I like my middle name a lot. I think it makes my full name sound pretty badass even though it's only my mother's maiden name.

My last name has proved pretty useful for nicknames - Hodge, Hodgepodge, Hodgimodo.

Clinton Morgan

I was either going to be called Craig or Gavin. I asked what my name would have been if I was born a girl. My parents didn't think of a girl's name.

Ciarán2

"Oh how your flesh and blood became the word..."

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Various posters"Benedict Frontbottom
Solomon Thorogood III
Chastity Bumgardener
From page 14 of the latest Fortean Times (FT205, Jan 2006):
QuoteCORNISH FANCIES

Staff at the Cornwall record office have compiled a list of unusual names from 400 years of birth and death records.  Highlights include Boadicea Basher, Philadelphia Bunnyface, Faithful Cock, Abraham Thunderwolff, Edward Evil, Fozzitt Bonds, Charity Chilly, Gentle Fudge, Obedience Ginger and Offspring Gurney.  In 1636, Nicholas Bone married Priscilla Skin, while John Mutton and Ann Veale tied the knot in 1791.  D. Telegraph, 13 Sept 2005.
:-)

Ciarán2

Ah yes, Gentle Fudge, one of my fave prog-rock groups.

Cerys

This thread reminded me that I still hadn't got around to working out an anagram for my new name, so I set to work.  I thought I'd got 'bony necrosis' (heh), but that left me with an extra 'r' ... and then I got 'byronic sensor', which I like; and 'reborn cosy sin', which I like even more.  Yay!  I may go to an anagram site to see if there are any better ones, but on the whole I think 'reborn cosy sin' is a winner.

boki

Quote from: "Cerys"Yay!  I may go to an anagram site to see if there are any better ones, but on the whole I think 'reborn cosy sin' is a winner.

Definitely, it kind of fits well with getting married, doesn't it?

Cerys

That's what I thought.  Mind you, ages ago I worked out SNG's, and it's 'bugger all worn in hairiest room'.  The mind boggles.

dan dirty ape

I used to work somewhere that involved sending material out to someone rejoicing in the name Zak Brilliant. Now there's a name I wouldn't want. Imagine the pressure to succeed and the potential grinding irony of being a perceived failure called Zak Brilliant.

The most unfortunate real life name I've ever encountered was a man who lived in my area called Christopher Wanklyn, who somewhat foolishly chose to not go ex-directory and was thus cannon fodder for playground Jerky Boys wannabes.

I'm a Ross, after Ross Poldark apparantley. I used to dislike it at school due to the inability to shorten it to anything and the fact it obviously rhymes with 'Toss', but I quite like it now, even though my old boss, who was a bit of a knob all in all, delighted in doing impressions of Pauline from TLOG at me. "Okey cokey, pig in a pokey, Ross" he'd say, every day, before embarking on another non-ironic racist rant. I bet he's pissing himself at Ting Tong.

imitationleather

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"Who else shares a famous name?

I know someone called Elizabeth Hurley.

In films whenever there's an Elliot they're always wearing glasses and a tweed jacket. They're also really awkward around women. Ah, half-right I s'pose...

Gazeuse

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"Does anyone have a weird nickname or daft middle name?  I have an awful middle name and I won't be divulging it until I am drunk... sometime later this evening.

Will you show me yours if I show you mine???

I've got two...

Donald - My Dad's name...This seemed hilarious to my classmates at school...Don't know why.

William - Yes, I've got two. This was my Mum's Dad'd name.

Come on then...

Cerys

I don't have a middle name.  I used to feel vaguely cheated about that.

butnut

Here's a loaded question, but who's going to beat my 'Denby'???

imitationleather

My middle name's James. It was going to be Stanley, which I would have much preferred.

slim

QuoteCORNISH FANCIES

Staff at the Cornwall record office will most likely be facing a "restructuring" soon after the discovery that they've nothing better to do than look up old names
Good names, though I'm not sure the Cornish taxpayer appreciates it. ;)

Lady Beaner

My middle name is a flower, according to my Mum.  I, on the other hand say it is a weed.

butnut

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"My middle name is a flower, according to my Mum.  I, on the other hand say it is a weed.

Lady Marijuana Beaner. It has a certain ring to it I suppose.