Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Hi, my name is..."

Started by Banana Woofwoof, December 15, 2005, 11:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"My middle name is a flower, according to my Mum.  I, on the other hand say it is a weed.
"Dandelion"?  Would be lovely if true (in a nice way).

Lady Beaner

*cough* Daisy *cough*

It was meant to be 'Devi' or something according to my Mum. But, when my Dad drunkenly toddled off with excitement to get my birth registered, he misheard my Mum and had me turned into a weed.

Ambient Sheep

Awwwwwwww bless that's a lovely name!  I don't know why you're so ashamed.

Lady Beaner

Ach, it could be worse. But, whenever I have had the misfortune of having to tell anyone about it I get greeted with howls of laughter. 'Oooh, Daisy the cow!', 'Daisy, Daisy, gimme your tits to chew!'

Urgh.

TraceyQ

If I ever have a daughter I will be calling her Daisy.

Lady Beaner

OK, you are allowed that one.  Just don't do the Jamie Oliver thing and call her 'Daisy-Boo'. What the fuck is that all about?

TraceyQ

SurferGhost

It's mostly about Jamie Oliver being a twat, I should think LB.
There's nothing wrong with Daisy, it makes me think of posh totty.

Quote from: "butnut"Here's a loaded question, but who's going to beat my 'Denby'???
I used to work with a bloke called Denbeigh, and that was his forename, never mind being hidden in the middle.

Suttonpubcrawl

My middle name is Edward. I'm not sure what I could ever use that name for really. Perhaps if I become an author I could start calling myself R. Edward May. It doesn't really come close to the greatness of L. Ron Hubbard as a name though, does it?

lankinpark

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"One of my favourite girl names is Eloise, not just because of Barry Ryan.  Elise, Eloise and Aoife.  If I have children I'm going to torture them.

There was an Aoife at my school. I was in the same class as her brother Fionnan. The mother explained that she'd heard a radio play once about two sisters called Fionnan and Aoife, and liked the names. Which seems a little cruel on poor Fionnan.

My Great Uncle Padraig's very much a poor-drick.

As for my own name, Nick's about as nondesript as names get. But then most male names are. When I'm writing, all my male characters are called Steve and Andy and Tony, and they're boring as fuck. Whereas the girls are all Jessicas and Carinas and Scarletts, which is much more exciting.

Middle name John, which is the same as roughly everyone I know. Surname Lancaster, which must be about as English as you can get. As am I, despite the presence of a Great Uncle Padraig (My Mum's parents are Irish, but she's English born with no discernable Irish characteristics beyond the name Margaret Mary).

lankinpark

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"My middle name is Edward. I'm not sure what I could ever use that name for really. Perhaps if I become an author I could start calling myself R. Edward May. It doesn't really come close to the greatness of L. Ron Hubbard as a name though, does it?

I'm half tempted to be N. John Lancaster, 'cos I want to get the middle name or initial in there somewhere and don't want to use Nicholas. Nick J. Lancaster sounds wrong.

The Job Centre used to know me as Nick John Lancaster, which doesn't work in the slightest. Apt, I suppose.

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "lankinpark"Nick J. Lancaster sounds wrong.

No it doesn't!

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "lankinpark"Whereas the girls are all Jessicas and Carinas and Scarletts, which is much more exciting.

I knew both a Candice Plunkett and a Wanda Spider at school. You can have those names if you want.

Rich

I went to school with girl called Daisy Acres.  I believe her parents were hippies, and I think she must have hated them for the name or something, because she did a good job of rebelling against their values by winning a big sword for being the best Combined Cadet Force-er in the country.