Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tha Rasslin' Pay Windah! (Wrestling Chat & Spoilers.)

Started by Identity Crisis Ahoy!, December 18, 2005, 03:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Deemed appropriate, I think, due to all the spoiler annoyances in the other thread... So I'll start us off.

Samoa Joe killed A.J Styles for the X Division strap in of the best matches of the year. Probably only topped by one of Joe's other MOTYC matches... I highly reccomend you see the show (TNA Turning Point.)

At the moment, ROH are having their Final Battle show. It's non PPV. The results are (stolen from DVDVRM and ROHWRESTLING.COM message board...)

Student Matches:

1) Smash Bradley/Mitch Franklin vs Dempsey Bros: Went around 4 min. Double team back senton for the pinfall, alright tag match.

2) Pelle Primeau vs Shane Hagadorn: Pelle gets the victory with an armbar, the same variation used by Danielson over Strong two months ago.

Main Show:

1) Milano Collection AT vs "The Crowned Jewel of The Embassy" Jimmy Rave - Went about 14 min, Rave scores the victory after his pedigree, good match, great opener.

2) Azrieal v. "Classic" Colt Cabana: Went about ten minutes, entertaining look as Azrieal tried to make it a comedy match, while Colt was trying to be serious.

-Homicide came out, cut a promo, saying he just had shoulder surgery and will be out of action for roughly six months. Told Colt he's only here tonight for Corino, and for Cabana to stay out of his business. 'Cide had his arm in a sling.

3) RING OF HONOR PURE TITLE MATCH - Nigel McGuinness © v. Claudio Castagnoli: Claudio used iron when ref was knocked out and got the pinfall in about 15 minutes. However, the second ref saw it and reversed the decision to award the match to Nigel via DQ.

4) Steve Corino v. Alex Shelley: Shelley over Corino with a rollup after 13 minutes. Homicide jumped Corino after the match and tried to pour Drano down Steve's throat. Colt came out to make the save, however 'Cide put him down and poured down Colt's throat. Students came out to save them. No big intro for Corino since Nana grabbed his announcer and pushed him down before he began.

5)FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH - Samoa Joe v. Jay Lethal v. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels v. BJ Whitmer: Joe came out to his "Champ Is Here" theme since he had the X title with him. Catfight between Lacey and Allison, and Danger was wearing the nun outfit. Joe hit Daniels with a Musclebuster on X title. BJ took Joe out with chair. Lethal took out BJ with springboard dropkick, then Lethal gets Daniels with the swandive headbutt. Was a totally kickass match.

INTERMISSION

(Gee, I wonder what's going to be the post intermission match!)

RING OF HONOR WORLD TITLE MATCH - "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson © v. Naomichi Marufuji

GLOBAL HONORED CROWN JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH - KENTA © v. Low Ki

RING OF HONOR TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH - Tony Mamaluke & Sal Rinauro © v. Generation Next of Austin Aries & Roderick Strong
---

I personally would love for GeNext to finally get the tag strap, It seems that it's alluded them for months. I always felt the fans really wanted to see Strong & Evans take the belts, but it never has happened (instead we've had shitty Jacobs & Whitmer runs!) Tonight might be the night - though it'll be Aries & Strong instead of Evans & Strong.

Rev

I used to get really excited trying to figure out whether He-Man or Skeletor would win.  It was usually He-Man.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Never a clean victory though. Skeletor always made him look weak, selfish bastard.

Spiteface

Everyone knows Skeletor had cooler stuff.

Remember he did actualy win one - He owned Castle Grayskull in the film.

Back to grown men pretending to kill each other, Armageddon!

What exactly is the deal with the Mysterio/Batista vs Kane/Big Show @ Armageddon - is it tile for title, seeing as Dave and Rey are now champs an' all...

Looking forward to Hell in a Cell - it'll be the first one I've seen properly If Cowboy Bob's in there too though I will eat my own legs out of anger.

TOCMFIC

Oh good grief... As a sufferer of IBS, the angle I just read about sounds pitiful. I guess maybe I should be offended, but it's hard to offended when something is so fucking lame.

Honestly, does anyone there give a shit anymore about anything other than making Vince happy? Since they sure don't give a fuck about the fans.

TOCMFIC

AH! Read a DECENT recap now. So Tim White killed himself... Good grief...

Spiteface

I was wonderoing why the IBS thing was inappropriate, then it twigged....

Anyway, nice to see Randy and his dad get fucked up in HIAC, was expecting more blood though - Was Randy using a blood pack? Didn't see any cuts.
Ponce.

Totally digging Rey Mysterio these days.

Bit predictable that Benoit would win, just to drag out that best of 7 series.

Actually drew my mum into it when I watched it off Sky+ this afternoon.

TOCMFIC

Rey rules. One of only two guys I actually like to see wrestle in WWE now. Though Benoit is pushing his luck lately. Of course, he did do the same thing in WCW... Best of seven. Hope he quits when his contract ends.

Brutus Beefcake

Undertaker is an unbelievable cunt, even with the predictable intereferance from Cowboy Bob he still wouldn't put Randy over!

Oh and the suicide skit was pretty fucking dumb too.

TOCMFIC

I know Taker has a history not putting guys over, but you don't know for sure that he refused to job to Orton. I mean god knows if I was... Well, ANYBODY ELSE on the roster, I wouldn't job to that sack of shit. Plus it may be for storyline purposes. I mean lets face it, WWE isn't exactly built on planning. What happens one match can largely be ignored in the next one.

Besides, Undertaker is well known at destroying people in the cell. To have Orton beat him, characterwise, would have made no sense.

Way I figure it, they're taking a page from ECW. Didn't Dreamer take TWO YEARS before he finally beat Raven?

In their guidelines for investors, WWE quite clearly states that NONE OF THEIR STORYLINES involve rape, gunplay or death.

So, rape is covered nicely by Katie Vick... And the latter two are more than amply covered by the Tim White nonsense.

This company needs to die.

TOCMFIC

Oh yeah, now we have a spoilers thread...

WTF?! WWE job Tajiri in his last ever match for the company? I watched, figuring they'd let him go out on a high, and instead he jobs... BOO!

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Not that bad a thing to have him job on the way out. Makes logical sense for him to put over the dude on his way out. Pretty much 101 booking, though a win would've been a nice send off...

klaatu!

What? Tim White "committed suicide"? I got bored and skipped through that bit...

Some thoughts on the rest of the card: Benoit/Booker got boring after their first match. Kid Kash-Juventud was quite good. Hopefully they're going to pay the cruiserweights a bit more of attention now. The Mexicools tag match was quite good too. Super Crazy and Psicosis could help revitalise the tag division if they can find another couple of decent teams to work against.

What else? Ah, The Boogeyman. I like it when Taz says he's never seen anyone like the Boogeyman before. I've seen his kind before. He'll last for a few months, then disappear. Then he'll come back in a couple of years with a 'pimp' gimmick.

When's Lashley going to have a proper match? Give him a 15 minute match with Benoit and let's see how good he is. And nice to see that Paul Burchill's been reduced to a jobber in a matter of two months, and that his move-set has been reduced to merely punching and kicking.  Sorry Vince, but Burchill is fifty times the 'holy shit' wrestler that you're making out Lashley to be. If he wasn't a former soldier and built like a brick shit-house, you wouldn't care less.

The tag match: pointless. A blatant stop-gap match to cover up Batista's injury and pad out the card. Why don't they just take the belt off him now and be done with it? Is he going to be carrying the title throughout his rehabilitation? Having said that, Mysterio is always watchable. Is there anyone who doesn't like him? He's got to be the most over wrestler they've got. I hope he gets a main event push soon.

The HIAC: mediocre. Going by Orton's hardcore match with Foley, I'd have thought he'd be willing to take a couple of sick spots, just to prove himself to the hardcore fans. Or does he not need to, now that he's a former champion? The match was a real anti-climax. I thought that something significant was going to happen in this match, but now every hiac seems to be the same as all the others: a few chair shots, taking turns to bounce each other off the steel, 'shredding' your opponent's head on the mesh, another spot involving the ring steps, a referee opening the door to attend an injury, a foreign object/interference entering the cell. Having said that, I really enjoyed the build-up to the match. It made me think that, for a second, something good was going to happen.

So, where next? They're really having trouble coming up with decent one-off matches, let alone decent angles. The elimination chamber line-up looks pitiful too, considering there's only three main eventers (arguably four, if you include Kane), and out of that there's only two wrestlers who can actually carry a match (Michaels and Angle). I'm currently downloading this week's Raw special, which will probably be sentimental, vaguely pro-war shite. I'm getting bored now. When's RVD coming back?

TOCMFIC

If RVD has any sense, never.

Apparently on Raw Vince does a thing about how the media are ignoring the troops which is, of course, utter bullshit. You can't watch CNN or Fox News or pretty much any news without being reminded of Amerca's war on freedom...

I've made a point of downloading every Elimination Chamber match when it's happened. Won't be bothering with this one. I just don't care anymore. Only WWE match I care about right now is the Royal Rumble, as that is one thing they can't really fuck up. Though no doubt they'll find a way.

If there was any justice in the world, WWE would be bankrupt by now. I mean they have the worst writers on the planet, and yet have shoved Heyman down in OVW. As a company, they don't deserve to survive. Yet sadly, they do.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Um, can't fuck up a Royal Rumble? How about when Vince blew out two of his quads in an attempt to salvage the mess at the end of the last one? Cena was supposed to be knocked out by Batista (in the final two) but for some reason, he didn't budge... or both of them fell (I don't really remember) causing Vince to bolt down to attempt to save the scenario. Hilarious and well deserved. The cunt.

Elimination Chamber holds less than zero interest for me this year... I'm only really interested in CM Punk's debut, and possibly who will be the RAW GM (though I suspect a McMahon will get the nod, oh the shock!!)

Jaffit

Blimey you can feel the wwe hatred on here today!

Have to admit it is almost unwatchable at the moment.

When do you guys think it was at its peak?

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Jaffit"Blimey you can feel the wwe hatred on here today!

Have to admit it is almost unwatchable at the moment.

When do you guys think it was at its peak?

This is probably a fairly obvious choice, but for me, it hit it's peak at Wrestlemania last year. Any wrestling fan that saw Guerrero and Benoit in the ring, both as champions, and didn't feel that it was possibly one of the greatest moments in wrestling, is a heartless bastard.

It's all been downhill from there. Benoit jobbed the title to (ab)Ort(i)on, and Guerrero jobbed it to JBL, two of the least deserving champions of all time. (Admittedly JBL did a much better job of it.) Now Guerrero's dead, and Benoit's being pissed away in a WCW rehash.

As for not fucking the Royal Rumble up, it may have been a clusterfuck last year, but come on... The sight of seeing Vince slumped in the ring trying to be the boss was fucking awesome:)

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

The fact that everyone (including the announcers) had to no-sell it was also brilliant.

TOCMFIC

Yep. Comedy gold. Fucking great! I'll have to see if I have that anywhere here so I can watch it again.

Spiteface

Quote from: "jtc"What else? Ah, The Boogeyman. I like it when Taz says he's never seen anyone like the Boogeyman before. I've seen his kind before. He'll last for a few months, then disappear. Then he'll come back in a couple of years with a 'pimp' gimmick.

The tag match: pointless. A blatant stop-gap match to cover up Batista's injury and pad out the card. Why don't they just take the belt off him now and be done with it? Is he going to be carrying the title throughout his rehabilitation? Having said that, Mysterio is always watchable. Is there anyone who doesn't like him? He's got to be the most over wrestler they've got. I hope he gets a main event push soon.

I like the Boogeyman.  Not as a wrestler, but just 'cos he freaks out my mum with the worms and stuff.  Don't bother puuting him in matches, just have him popping up in people's lockers, that's all you need!

RE: Batista - wasn't the original plan for Batista to lose the title to Eddie Guererro or Randy Orton, allowiung him time time to recover, only for Batista to carry on working through his injury, thus WWE keeping the title with him as thanks? Seems ridiculous given how limited Batista must be.  Again, Agreed on Rey.

Titles/Shots - you have to wonder though - It must really piss off a lot of WWE's roster that someone like Edge is walking round with a guaranteed WWE title shot when some don't even get a sniff...

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Where does everyone think WWE are going with the Money In The Bank title shot? He's only got it 'till Mania? I genuinely don't think the company knows what to do. I'm sick of Edge anyway.

TOCMFIC

I used to like Edge a lot, but then learning of his personal life, and the fact that he's a fucking weasel scumbag of a man, I loathe him.

I agree with you. I don't think they know what to do. I mean logically, have Batista have a hell of a match (admittedly he'd need to be carried due to his injury), and then as he's suffered an hellacious beat down, have Edge run down and win the title from the obviously knackered Batista. This would:

1) Be a shock twist that the WWE loves so much, but one that's actually both logical and good

2) Gives Batista the time to rehab

3) Opens up a whole avenue of possibilities as contender after contender comes after Edge, and each one is screwed out of the title by Edge's shenanigans, until Batista can come back, and takes the belt back in an exceptionally bloody match.

Everyone would win there. By constantly screwing people, Edge gets over as an even bigger heel than he would be screwing Batista in the first place, and Batista would get a massive pop on his return, which if they'd done it right, could be one of the main events at Wrestlemania...

But knowing the quality of writing at WWE, they'll probably piss away the whole thing in a meaningless match and have Edge lose. Either that or they'll quietly forget about it, because they can't come up with what they feel is a decent storyline. (Which of courses means "We can't come up with a third rate Hollywood story to do".)

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Can't see why they wouldn't logically do an Edge run in post bloody title match, declare a match, and beat down Batista / Cena. This, as you say, allows the champ time off and makes them look strong still (ok so they lost to Edge but this was AFTER a tiring bout with, say Angle / JBL...) I can see them doing this, but having Edge lose, to show how tough Cena is... Which is a ridiculous way to book.

klaatu!

I'd imagine WWE are reluctant to stick Edge in the main event for fear that he couldn't carry it as well as someone like Angle, Jericho or HHH. So, if they're going to go ahead with his title match, the Royal Rumble seems a safe bet, considering his match won't be the focus point of the ppv.

Here's another question: when will Cena drop the title? Before Wrestlemania? At Wrestlemania? Or will he do a Bruce Samartino and hold it for about fiteen years? People are speculating a Cena heel-turn at some point as well.

Detective John Kimble

Well, the apparent forecast for Wrestlemania seems to be that Cena will be facing Triple H in a title match.  Since this shambles of a feud with Angle/Bischoff, any promise that Cena had as a champion early in his reign has gone.  He's carriable for sure (some even say good in his own right, yet his gimmick never allows him to show it), but these days I think Angle is too injured to carry, and I haven't liked a single one of their matches.

On the other hand, HHH is one of my undisputed favourite wrestlers in the WWE, and has been so for years.  If he faces Cena at Wrestlemania, then I'm damn well hoping that he takes the belt.  Whether he will or not is another matter.

By the way, about Edge - isn't he an injured party himself?  At least that's what I heard, although I don't know exactly what his injury is.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

I think Edge has a short term shoulder injury. Should be fit early 2006 (Rumble time.)

Take these factors into account - It's widely touted that Orton is taking the Rumble (despite not being able to put away 'Taker after 'literally killing' him...) and that HHH has lost the last two 'Manias in a row, clean, to a face who hasn't set the world alight... is he likely to lose another? Unless Flair-HHH is going long, till WM22 (I hope it does,) then we'll see HHH defeat lame duck champ Cena (I hope turning him heel, but that's unlikely given the merch sales numbers...)

TOCMFIC

WWE seems to not want to give up on Project Cena. I actually like him, but that's because I haven't watched any WWE TV really for the last six months. I gather most people are sick of him.

As for Orton... Fuck, no... I don't want that vile retard (he's living Eugene's gimmick for real) winning my favourite match for the fucking year. Nothing about Orton convinces me that he's a tough guy who could last five minutes in there.

Ack! Will wait until closer to the time, but if that truly is the plan (and usually these rumours turn out to be true. Look at Benoit) I'll be passing on the Rumble next year.

Fuck that depresses me. I love that, but the ONE GUY IN WWE who I can't fucking stand is Orton. I mean I don't like JBL (not for the fact he's a heel, but because in real life he's a cunt), I don't like Angle, but I'll at least watch them wrestle. Orton is the ONLY GUY on the roster who would make me turn my TV off. I don't know what it is about the guy. I wish I could express it better than "I hate him". Maybe one day I'll be able to articulate it exactly, but not today.

BAH! Another fucking Orton rant... Edge... I think earlier this year, Edge could have pulled off a main event title run... But they've screwed the fucking pooch, done their "real life" angle with Matt (wonder if he's glad he sold his soul back to Vince?) and Edge has just disappeared up Lita's asshole. (Boom boom.)

Of course, I hope you've all realised what I just realised. If they did that angle, having Edge run out after Batista is left bleeding in the ring from a title match to steal the belt... That's exactly what they did with fucking Hogan at Summerslam with Yokozuna one year, wasn't it... Which means me suggesting it, while at the same time condemning them for ripping off the best of seven series from WCW makes me a big fucking smarky hypocrite... HAHAHA!

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Identity Crisis Ahoy!"Wow, that's venomous!

Merry Christmas:)

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

So RAW then... anyone have any idea what the hell McMahon's promo was about? A masturbatory segment or a push towards a HBK heel turn? Wasn't much fun either way.