Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:43:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tha Rasslin' Pay Windah! (Wrestling Chat & Spoilers.)

Started by Identity Crisis Ahoy!, December 18, 2005, 03:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

GAY SEX~!

Anyway, yes. Its pish, absolute pish, to compare the two sports (ONE ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING SPORT!)

It just doesn't work for me, where's the evidence of a crossover appeal? The drop in iMPACT viewership after TUF proves that there isn't one, not one that sticks around anyway. They are two entirely different beasts, and they're good for what they are.

Campy fun with ludicrous characters and a few good wrestling matches = watch WWE.

Well produced, sports-like combat show, with real life characters = UFC (cant speak for other MMA as I rarely watch anything but UFC, I don't always bother with that.)

Anyone seen the Pillman DVD then? Just watched tonight and it was... alright. Talk about a talent! This man had mad charisma and mic skills, decent in-ring too until his accident, but then it all imploded. Damn shame, he'd have been exceptional in Attitude era.

Spiteface

Quote from: "Identity Crisis Ahoy!"
It just doesn't work for me, where's the evidence of a crossover appeal? The drop in iMPACT viewership after TUF proves that there isn't one, not one that sticks around anyway.

I think that's a small part of TNA's logic in signing Kurt Angle (Who won't be available for Indie bookings, as they want to preserve him or something), apart from the fact that they are total whores.  Some reckon that Angle's legit amateur wrestling background will appeal to MMA/UFC fans.

Out of interest, who made the first move, Angle or TNA?

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

I guess TNA, makes logical sense to me.

I had heard they'd capped his Indy bookings but thats to preserve his health, and I read a quote saying that Angle would like to wrestling American Dragon. That's something that would likely make the planet implode with Awesominium.

I'm happy to wait till both men are healthy though.

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Identity Crisis Ahoy!"I guess TNA, makes logical sense to me.

I had heard they'd capped his Indy bookings but thats to preserve his health, and I read a quote saying that Angle would like to wrestling American Dragon. That's something that would likely make the planet implode with Awesominium.

That must be added to the periodic table, RIGHT FUCKING NOW~!

Glad I'm not alone in the MMA/Wrestling conundrum. It's like saying "Milk sold well this week. That's clearly bad news for bread~!"

I honestly thought you were all going to say I was mad and quite clearly wrongheaded about the whole thing.

I watch PRIDE I as mentioned, and they're more wrestling than UFC. They have a ring for starters... And that's about it for the similarities.

Part of what's putting me off both Alvarez and Meltz is this wrongheaded assumption that there's actually a crossover. I mean when folk say Meltz should cut back on MMA stuff, he counters with the fact that some people say he should do MORE MMA stuff. Well clearly they're different audiences then aren't they. I think PWTorch has figured this out... I think it was them who spun off an entire MMA site, so those interested can read it, and those who just want wrestling don't have to have MMA rammed down their throats.

Working on their theory, there must be some crossover between wrestling fans and motor racing fans, since I like both. Therefore I'm starting a website at www.wrestlingandcarsthatgoreallyreallyfastandeveryonemustloveboth.com (not a real website).

Spiteface

TOCMFIC

I feel like such a dirty old man for finding the girls in that hot...

TOCMFIC

So, TNA did a 0.8 this week...

Clearly, they've got an audience, and that's it. How long until Spike finally puts a bullet in their head and dumps Jarrett's body in a river?

God, I cannot believe how DULL wrestling is right now. Nothing is happening. No deaths. (Though that's a good thing obviously.) No big stories, no big releases (Boogeyman has been rehired again apparently... HUH!?)

In all my years of following wrestling, which admittedly is only about 7, I don't recall it EVER being this quiet before...

Have no real interest in the America product right now. Even ROH to be quite honest. I think it's time to hop over the Pacific and check out a bunch of the puro I have. Would like to check out Lucha, but that rarely shows up on torrent sites sadly. I wanted to see the big CMLL show, but it's never appeared... And I can't get Lucha on any station I get here in Canada...

Actually, Pena dying is pretty fucking huge, but outside of Mexico, it's barely a blip on the Wradar.

Did stumble upon Monster Pro Wrestling, who are a promotion from around my neck of the woods... God it was awful. Awful announcing, and the action was incomprehensible. There was, I guess, a beatdown going on in the right, but I had no idea why, who was heel or face... It was just like they threw random guys into the ring... Had debated paying to go to see one of their shows when they swung by me, but based on that TV... I don't think I'll be bothering.

RHX

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"(Boogeyman has been rehired again apparently... HUH!?)

Anyone who puts as much effort into his character as Marty Wright did with Boogeyman deserves a job. He was fantastic.

Ja'moke

Has Boogeyman really been rehired? I haven't read it anywhere, apart from here obviously.

I did read that Nash has signed a new deal with TNA though, so I guess he wont be part of the new WWE/NWO faction, that's if it's still going ahead.

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Ja'moke"Has Boogeyman really been rehired? I haven't read it anywhere, apart from here obviously.

I did read that Nash has signed a new deal with TNA though, so I guess he wont be part of the new WWE/NWO faction, that's if it's still going ahead.

Alvarez reported Boogeyman being rehired on Figure Four, and since he's Meltzer's secret love toy, I would assume it's true.

Spiteface

Why in the name of FUCK have they rehired the Boogeyman???

Sod that - No Mercy predictions/Hopes people:

Fatal Four-Way for the World Heavyweight Championship - King Booker vs.  Bobby Lashley vs. Batista vs. Fit Finlay

truthfully, I can't see the title changing hands here, but if forced not Lashley - He's still too green.

WWE Tag Team Championship- Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. KC James & Idol Stevens

London and Kendrick.  I hate James and Stevens;  Michelle McCool can fuck off too, maybe she can join Matt Striker in ECW.

Gregory Helms vs. Matt Hardy

This could be good - I've enjoyed their matches so far (even if Helms' interference in Hardy's matches got repetitive).  Some people have been saying Helms' title's on the line here - Matt Hardy's denied this on his message board (He's over the weight limit now anyway).  I want Hardy to win this, and maybe challenge Kennedy for the US title soon.

Talking of which...

Mr. Kennedy vs. The Undertaker

I imagine they've got big things planned for Kennedy, and if he can job to Khali, then maybe Taker can put Kennedy over.

Falls Count Anywhere Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

If they take full advantage of the stipulation, this could be fun.  Chavo to win, explaining Rey's absence (He'll be out due to knee surgery).

MVP's debut

He'll never be over.  His promo on friday died on it's arse.  his opponent will probably be some local guy/jobber, or even the Boogeyman~!.  Don't care.

Spiteface

I just had to post this

Just listen - I think Tenay just came.

RHX

Fatal Four-Way:

Want: Finlay
Will: Booker

London/Kendrick vs James/Stevens

Want: London/Kendrick
Will: James/Stevens

Helms vs Hardy

Want: Hardy
Will: Hardy

Kennedy vs Undertaker

Want: Kennedy over clean
Will: Kennedy, most likely by DQ

Mysterio vs Guerrero

Want: Eddie to come out and the whole thing to have been a work, following a match up to Mysterio/Psychosis ECW standards
Will: Chavo, following interference

MVP's debut

Want: Boogeyman or Jimmy Wang Yang
Will: MVP

TOCMFIC

BIG FUCKING SPOILER TAG HERE TO DISTRACT YOU FROM THE BELOW IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN NO MERCY... NOT THAT I HAVE, I JUST READ THE RECAP

Motherfucking Benoit is back~! Fuck, I may just have to start watching again now... Benoit vs Regal... Was this match good? The last one I saw between them, on Velocity, was fucking epic!

BIG FUCKING END OF SPOILER TAG

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Did you hear B & V, well just V really, gush all over Regal? I need to see this match.

PPV sounds like it delivered.

Ja'moke

No Mercy was the first PPV in years that I didnt order, kind of wishing I did now just for the Regal Vs Benoit match.

Spiteface

I've yet to finish watching No Mercy (Regal/Benoit is waiting on my Sky+), but it's been good so far.

Apparently WWE have issued an apology for Regal's cock.

Loved the "Power Rangers" chant for MVP!  What a tool...

Ja'moke

The Raw 3 hour special was no where near as good as I thought it could of been. I mean if I had a 3 hour wrestling show I would keep the same amount of matches that they usually have on Raw but just make them longer matches, but no WWE puts on more matches that last the same amount of time as usual, that Benoit Vs Benjamin match could of been great but it was over in about 2 minutes.

So the main event for Cyber Sunday is John Cena Vs Booker T Vs Big Show non title, don't really know who will be given the win here, but its probably going to be Cena.

wheatgod

Could I possibly ask for details regarding "The Regal Cock Incident" ? I'm intrigued.