Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:03:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tha Rasslin' Pay Windah! (Wrestling Chat & Spoilers.)

Started by Identity Crisis Ahoy!, December 18, 2005, 03:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOCMFIC

Not actually started my TEW game yet. Sorted the mods and wrestler pictures out yesterday.

Think I'm either gonna start with RaveX or Death of WWE. Probably the former. As much as I'd like to do Death of the Territories, I think I'm gonna wait until I've read "Sex Lies and Headlocks" and "Death of WCW" before going in.

Will hopefully get started tonight. Will NOT be taking over WWE though in whatever I do. Might go with ECW or TNA though. WCW features in the Death mod, so that could be fun, but you're stuck with Sting and Ric Flair at the start. Not my idea of fun. I am curious, since you can pick the winner, to pick a guy, and give him the "Goldberg push". Really interested to see how that pans out.

Will let you know how it goes! Got an episode of Band of Brothers to watch, then I'll get started, unless I get distracted.

BTW, I like your name changes. Switchblade is cool:)

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Got myself a subscription to the Figure 4 Weekly~! Pretty decent stuff there. Had a read online, of the last issue, which was quite entertaining. The message board is a bit slow, unfortunately.

Watched the TNA specials tonight... no sign of Sting unfortunately. HOMICIDE~! debuted though, which was very good to see. Rod Strong vs. Samoa Joe was alright too, up until Strong sells the Musle Buster poorly.

TOCMFIC

Sting is supposedly debuting on January 3rd from what I heard. Don't know if they have a primetime special again, or there's a taping or what, but that's what I've read.

Currently setting up a new TEW game. Going with RaveX. Just imported a bunch of storylines and angles, as well as locations and injuries. Not sure which fed I'm gonna go for yet. Only that it won't be WWE. Tempted to do a Heyman and become an owner rather than a booker. We'll see.

I win whatever I do really. I go old school with DOTT, I can bury that fuck Hogan. Go current era, I can bury Orton. WHEE!!!

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

I created a storyline, well, I'm in the midst of creating it. It's similar to Raven's Flock in WCW and I'm using a lot of the old Flock members (Kidman, Kanyon, Saturn & Raven.) It's quite big, and I've only gotten round to the first three parts of it. I'll post the synopsis etc. if you want.

And yeah, it's TNA tapings tomorrow.

TOCMFIC

Not ready to start buggering around with storylines etc... But if you get it finished, I'll import it and give it a whirl:)

Did some tweaking of RaveX. Sorted out the database errors that showed up. Then deleted all promotion pacts. That way I could take over as owner of Ohio Valley Wrestling. Not much money, but an interesting roster of (now former) WWE developmental talent. Not gotten very far so far. At the end of the first day a TON of workers were released, so I'm trawling the list to see who I want.

Only problem is OVW doesn't have a TV deal, and due to when the game starts, I can't negotiate a TV deal, as the new TV season hasn't started, so I may tweak the database back a few months if I can and start again. I want a TV show dammit.:)

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

TV is very hard to get if you're not a very large promotion, though.

In my game, WCW opened back up, and their owner was The Rock! That was a surprise, but must've been a bug  as WWE own WCW! They signed all the old dinosaurs again - Nash, Hall etc. no one decent. Looks like a new Monday Night War may be on, with TNA playing the plucky-underdog!

bill hicks

Quote from: "Identity Crisis Ahoy!"Got myself a subscription to the Figure 4 Weekly~! Pretty decent stuff there. Had a read online, of the last issue, which was quite entertaining. The message board is a bit slow, unfortunately.

Watched the TNA specials tonight... no sign of Sting unfortunately. HOMICIDE~! debuted though, which was very good to see. Rod Strong vs. Samoa Joe was alright too, up until Strong sells the Musle Buster poorly.

The message board action is mostly in the general threads, but it's really a case of quality over quantity. You also get the news early since a lot of the big breaking news that appears on DVDVR is posted by people from F4W~!, it's pretty much the fastest board for news out there.

Haven't watched the TNA specials yet, but HOMICIDE~! is the shiznit so should be good.

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Identity Crisis Ahoy!"TV is very hard to get if you're not a very large promotion, though.

In my game, WCW opened back up, and their owner was The Rock! That was a surprise, but must've been a bug  as WWE own WCW! They signed all the old dinosaurs again - Nash, Hall etc. no one decent. Looks like a new Monday Night War may be on, with TNA playing the plucky-underdog!

So new promotions appear? If so, that's very cool.

Never actually got to play last night. First I started the game, there were a bunch of database errors, so I had to fix them. Started again and wanted to take OVW over, but couldn't due to their link with WWE. So I exited, did some editing to kill the relationships. Started again. Then I discovered it was October and the new TV season started a month or two prior, so I had no TV deal, so I started yet AGAIN. (And, as a treat, doubled OVW's bank balance to 150k) and by the time I did that, I had to go to bed:) So hopefully today I can actually get started.

As for F4W, I'm still debating it. The radio shows aren't a real selling point as I doubt I'll get to listen to them, but the archive of old stuff sure is an incentive. Will have to wait and see. MIGHT be getting cable back, and since we're on a limited budget, I've got to juggle these things accordingly.

TOCMFIC

Holy cow! Just spent two hours playing TEW, and haven't even got to my first show! Just started booking it and noticed the time.

The debut show will feature a couple of throwaway matches, a tag team ladder match for the tag titles, a battle royal for the vacant lower grade title, and then a 3 way dance for the main title, where I'll be elevating CM Punk to main eventer status (from upper midcard), and chucking him a feud with whoever doesn't win the title. (Not decided yet.)

Negotiating contracts is a BITCH! I'm trying to get Andrew Martin (Test) to sign, and the bitch just won't do it.

Did take some small joy in firing both Boogeyman, and Mark Henry today:) And anyone who ever competed on Tough Enough:)

MattyHusted

TOCMFIC

A very tricky wrestling sim. I went to bed last night having set up the early matches. Got up today, sat down, spent nearly two hours booking the other matches. (Admittedly I was doing other things as well.)

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Bit annoyed with the F4W~! newsletters to be honest. There doesn't seem to be much in them other than TV reports... The audio content is very entertaining though.

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "Identity Crisis Ahoy!"Post your first card then!

hehehe Not really much point since you probably won't know most of the names, but I at the top of the first card, I had a 3 way dance between Jamie Noble, CM Punk and Johnny Jeter. I had Punk win it to face Elijah Butcher for the title in the main event of the second card. This was all to basically get the belt off Butcher and onto Punk. Noble is the heel and beat Punk down after the first match, only for Tommy Dreamer to make the save, and Punk and Dreamer went into a student/mentor relationship.

So basically, I've got two heel main eventers (Noble and Justice Smith) and two faces (Dreamer and Punk).

Also got some stuff going on in the tag division, but basically all you need to know is Danny Doring and Roadkill are the champs.

One thing that is pissing me off is every single fucking thing says it bought the crowds mood down. Then it says at the end that the event was a success...?!

As for F4W, I'm still considering subscribing. I've read a couple and it was interesting, but as you say, mostly just TV reports... I dunno. Would subscribe to the Observer, but the price is insane.

TOCMFIC

Interesting interview with Sir William of Regal.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2006000123,00.html

Anyone here a member of WWE 24/7? Since I don't think I'm going to go with F4W (and the only other option is PWInsider's online sub, but I don't know if it's any good), I was looking around elsewhere to spend my wrestling dollars, and at $5 a month, it seems like a reasonable bargain. Of course when it was free, I watched precisely one match...

So anyone else shelling out?

My third TEW show again garnered a C+. Despite Noble and Punk being great workers, folk just aren't buying it.

Might start a DOTT game I think. See how that goes.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

If you played TEW, you'll notice a marked difference in the 2005 version - it's much harder to simply use good workers to put on good matches, as the fans are far less reluctant to buy into it... I changed my fed to a hybrid one, so longer matches would be better recieved. Works much better.

PWTorch have an online thing but I've heard it's guff. New F4W newsletter today, I'll let you know if it's just reports  or what,

TOCMFIC

Dammit. Definitely considering starting again. I just changed to modern, and while the show grade has lifted, it's not by much. Hybrid sounds like a good choice. Of course I'm stuck with that for 6 months.

The last Adam Ryland game I played was the last free version of the game.

MattyHusted

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

EWR, that was pretty good but it got old quickly, for me. With TEW2005, I'd make sure you start off with the right type of promotion. Don't want to spend 6 months getting bad ratings & losing overness/fans.

Spiteface

More ramblings/questions...

What the fuck is going on with this  Batista/Melina sexual harassment storyline on Smackdown?

I know it's all planned out, but is it wrong to have boiling blood whenever a wrestler has manager/girlfriend/whatever at ringside interfering with match?  It just drives the fucking devil into me when I see cowboy bob's face now (Sharmell costing Randy Orton the victory last week was funny though)

I bought the Tombstone DVD last week - I had no idea about Undertaker's "American Badass" gimmick - that was just wrong.  random sub-thought - Is taker the only overly "gimiicky" wrestler to have actually lasted any length of time at all?

Is there any way to unlock Jake "The Snake" Roberts on Smackdown vs Raw 2006 without having the PSP version? not that I'm that bothered, but I'm curous, plus, any good sites for CAWs?  I've seen one or two, but I'd like some advice...

Anyone else intrigued at the prospect of Ken Kennedy (Kennedy!) havig his own talk segment when he comes back?

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Kennedy's pretty great... I read that he's gonna be doing something (changing the voice of smackdown) this week... he guested on commentary for a match (at least.)

Undertaker, would be the most successful 'gimmicky' dude of all time, I think. None other spring to mind that even come close... Honkey Tonk Man? Nowhere near. American Badass was awful, but it was a decent enough change for a short while, and a lot of fans got behind it. Its also said to have been closes to 'Taker's personality.

CAWS - I use This Site, which is pretty good.

No Jake without PSP.

Fuck the Melina / lawsuit bullshit. More WWE Wrestlecrap.

bill hicks

Yeah, Mark Calloway is a big Texas redneck in real life (although he is utterly obsessed with Kayfabe and as far as I'm aware has only broken once in public, for an interview with On the Record). He's also a massive fan of MMA which annoys me a bit now he's gone back to the Deadman gimmick. With the American Badass it fit, but why would an undead Zombie use a triangle choke?

(P.S THAT is why wrestling is awesome. I have no problem with an undead Zombie but find it incredulous that said Zombie would use martial arts choke techniques in staged combat.)

The American Badass was always painful for me (and I never really liked 'Taker after mid-'90s anyway) although watching the Tombstone DVD I did like it a lot more. I put at least 90% of my dislike of that character down to Limp Bizkit's fucking "Rollin'". Without that music his entrances on the DVD are much cooler.

The no Jake without PSP thing is really fucking annoying. I and my flatmate The Wookie want to be Jake Motherfucking Roberts but unless we pay and extra £250 we can't. Utter, utter cunts. Couldn't they have had one of the shit Hogan characters unlockable only on PSP? Why Jake?

TOCMFIC

For Jake, you need to get hold of a game save from GameFAQ's. If you don't have a Maxdrive or whatever, there is software that will convert the save into an ISO that you can boot on your PS2 and copy the save to the memory card.

As for Undertaker... I've always been a mark for the guy. Though I prefer the spooky Taker, rather than the American Badass. It's just much cooler seeing him walk to the ring with the fog, the acolytes etc...

WWE = Wrestlecrap. End of story.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Just watched Joe & Low Ki~! vs. Homicide & KOBASHI~!

Awesome match. Text book, stiff wrestling with a blazing hot crowd. Might be better than Kobashi vs. Joe... I'd need to watch them both again.

TOCMFIC

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

ROH Unforgettable for the tag match, and ROH Joe vs Kobashi, for Joe vs Kobashi.

TOCMFIC

Cheers! I think have the former, but not the latter.

Okay, since this is the spoiler thread, this is a spoiler, but I'll try and keep it tame. In short, there's a run-in in the Smackdown main event.

Someone has picked up the raw video feed being sent to the affiliates (Smackdown airs on Thursday in Canada)... You gotta see this. This is fucking hilarious! (Surprised they didn't edit it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=MXZrWed0MJE

bill hicks

It is great, and some lovely person has got the entire show captured and available for download on F4W~!....unfortunately I can't download it. Apparently it's full of great stuff from Tazz and Cole where they'll obviously edit in commentary, tidy it up etc.

Why can't I download it???

TOCMFIC

Out of interest, how big is the download? And does that sort of thing happen regularly? Because if it does, you may have just made my mind up on signing up:)

I'd love to see the show pre-edit. I remember when the Taker "killing" Paul Bearer angle took place, someone got a raw feed of them running through the angle earlier in the day, with Taker in his civvy clothes.