Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,361
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Strands of society you have a (possibly irrational) unshakeable hatred of

Started by 23 Daves, December 19, 2005, 05:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Knevil

Quote from: "ffogems"Can't stand inverted snobbery. That appropriated aversion to 'middle-class' people that makes people think their situation is more arduous and challenging than it actually is.
There was an incongruous scene in 'the football factory' that was just a depthless, facile rant against the 'middle classes', and it made me shudder with vexation. Just couldn't shake off the image of the writer/director declaring 'I've completly assasinated the middle classes on page 75'.
Oh yes, and people who say 'South London' when they live in Surrey - that's surely from fear of derision by those hard-done-by inverted snobs.

Or, they could just think that the discourse of the middle classes is profoundly irritating, disturbing or wrong.

Bastards, with their radio 4, housing prices and banal consumerism.

ffogems

QuoteOr, they could just think that the discourse of the middle classes is profoundly irritating, disturbing or wrong

But I think this is an inaccurate view. This is the kind of middle class steroetype that I just don't see that often. It seems more created to reinforce others' 'down-to-earthness', to punctuate their willingness to get down and roll around in the mud, not like those pompous idiots with their cigarette holders and their marigolds.

Quote from: "Peking O"Yeah, those innocent non-Bush supporting people, might as well burn them to death eh?

Well, it would at least scorched all traces of Americana from the world, which would only be a good thing. Course, we could always use the database I'm sure the government has on who voted against Bush to evacuate half the country. We'd have to do it at night though, otherwise it'll just look suspicious.

Peking O

Quote from: "DevlinC"Well, it would at least scorched all traces of Americana from the world, which would only be a good thing.

Really? What about all the great art, literature, music, films, etc. that have could be classed as "Americana"? Burn all traces of them too?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"Men, we are all cunts ladies. I know, you don't need to explain why he's a bastard, or why he's a useless prick to me. I'm fully aware of how horrible we can be and continue to be even in the face of the evidence. We're both; infuriatingly awkward and endlessly predictable, completely unfathomable and yet totally simple...[umpteen lines deleted]...That's why men annoy the piss out of me, because I am one.
Well, that's one way to try to get a shag, I suppose...

<runs away, terribly fast, completely aware of the irony>

Boss Mew

Richard Littlejohn and others who agree with the opinions of the odious walking shit

hulahoops

People who assume that all Americans fit a certain stereotype (loud, unthinking, Bush-supporting, gun-toting rednecks.  Or, alternatively, middle-class conservative business- and political-types whose only ambition in life is to be ever more powerful than they currently are.)  

Americans who actually do fit those stereotypes.

mook

Camp men. I can't bear them, there's something so totally false about the way they act and speak,  they're like a living breathing cariacture of something that never existed. I can't believe that having a preference for playing with the genitalia of a member of the same sex as yourself allows you to act a total berk, but these fuckers seem to think it does. In fact I think I find them as offensive as a man phwaoring at a woman's thruppenny bits - it just seems to me like they are trying way too hard.

I don't mind poofs though.

butnut

Big Jack McB - the reason men don't have to grow up is all down to genetics. We can mess around and hunt things and play in the fields all day long, as we can reproduce well into old age.  The poor ladies have to start being sensible sooner rather than later if they want babies, as time is not on their side. We should celebrate our gift!

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: "butnut"The poor ladies have to start being sensible sooner rather than later if they want babies, as time is not on their side.

Hahahahaha.

You heard him ladies.

humanleech

Quote from: "mook"Camp men. I can't bear them, there's something so totally false about the way they act and speak,  they're like a living breathing cariacture of something that never existed.
What is deeply wrong is that for a gay teenager the Graham Nortons and Wills (and Grace) are almost the only people who give them an idea of how to be gay.

I don't mind accents generally, but people from around here (Colchester) have a pathological hatred for the English language. It's as if it's no use for them so they want to destroy it.

People who whistle a lot of the time, whether they're happy or not.

My landowning hunting shooting robbing relations. Where did they get all that land from? Nobody knows, or nobody will tell me.

I don't really hate these people though, it's what they do, especially whistle.

Labian Quest

It's very easy to fall into the habit of trying to categorise people all the time, in fact it's a habit I'm trying to unlearn, but sometimes you'll meet someone and you can see the cogs grinding away in their brains as they try to pigeonhole you, so you end up playing up to it just to wind them up.

humanleech

Quote from: "Labian Quest"It's very easy to fall into the habit of trying to categorise people all the time, in fact it's a habit I'm trying to unlearn, but sometimes you'll meet someone and you can see the cogs grinding away in their brains as they try to pigeonhole you, so you end up playing up to it just to wind them up.
People will often catagorise themselves by their actions, and you can see the cogs grinding away in their brains too.

Cerys

Fox hunters.  Especially fox hunters who defend their sorry excuse for a sport by telling people that if they lived in the country, they'd understand.  I lived in the country for the first nineteen years of my life, you cunts, and you're not fooling anyone.  Grrr, froth, gnash, etc.

Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"
Quote from: "butnut"The poor ladies have to start being sensible sooner rather than later if they want babies, as time is not on their side.

Hahahahaha.

You heard him ladies.
Bog off.

El Unicornio, mang

I just don't like people. I need to live on an island with animals, then I'll be happy.

Chavs/charvers though, if I had a choice they'd be the first to be thrown in the fiery pit.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "DevlinC"
Quote from: "Peking O"Yeah, those innocent non-Bush supporting people, might as well burn them to death eh?

Well, it would at least scorched all traces of Americana from the world, which would only be a good thing. Course, we could always use the database I'm sure the government has on who voted against Bush to evacuate half the country. We'd have to do it at night though, otherwise it'll just look suspicious.

Not everyone who voted for Bush is an imbecile. I've met as many fuckhead liberals/democrats as I have republicans. You might as well say that everyone who voted for Blair deserves to die too.

Cerys

Quote from: "The Unicorn"Chavs/charvers though, if I had a choice they'd be the first to be thrown in the fiery pit.
They probably wouldn't have to be thrown in - they'd be queueing up to demonstrate how 'ard they were by jumping in before their mates beat them to it.

JJJJH

Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"Men, we are all cunts ladies. I know, you don't need to explain why he's a bastard, or why he's a useless prick to me. I'm fully aware of how horrible we can be and continue to be even in the face of the evidence. We're both; infuriatingly awkward and endlessly predictable, completely unfathomable and yet totally simple...
Nah, not really... no more so than women. Take everything you've said, and apply it to women, picturing examples in your mind. I can, and I'm always right. So gutted, basically.

klaatu!

Lads
Ladettes
Other loud, drunk women who fall in and out of taxis
Drunks generally
Indie boys (especially the ones who wear a scarf with a t-shirt)
Other trendies
Spoilt girls who rely on daddy's money
People who go mad over irony

Students, basically.

The 'urban' music strand of the UK populace. I simply don't understand it and I do hate the people who like it. Rhythmically so basic, melodies like nursery rhymes, vocals that often consist of one squawked note from octave to octave.

If it's suposed to convey some sense of excitement or cutting edge, it sounds so fucking tired to me, maybe it's just about the lyrics which don't mean much to me, because I'm not black or from London.
--

People who think a healthy discussion or argument consists of little more than a crescendo of bullshit and that nauseating head-jerking chicken action. I'm looking at you, all black women!

--

People who feel sorry for themselves.

session9

I hate people who witter on about "chavs" - oh hooray, we've got our own rednecks to focus our Two Minutes Hate on now! It's bullshit. I don't drink, wouldn't wear Burberry if you paid me, (the chav stereotype fashion has probably moved on by now but anyway) have no jewellery - and yet I recently overheard some some young chinless wonder with regulation emo uniform insinuating I was a "chav" to his equally chinless friend. I may be broke, but a "chav"? If that's all the term "chav" now is, a euphemism for "poor", then all the anti-"chav" ranting around here is starting to look very unsavoury indeed. Maybe I'm being sensitive to nothing, but it seems that po' white trash get castigated for existing by richer white trash.

Anyway, me and a few mates kicked the cheeky cunt's head in and filmed it on our mobiles - Watch It Here.

Neil

Well said, session9, completely agree.  

As for me, I just can't abide trendy hipsters.

Quote from: "The Unicorn"Not everyone who voted for Bush is an imbecile. I've met as many fuckhead liberals/democrats as I have republicans.

Wrong. Everyone who voted for Bush is worse than an imbecile. It is impossible to vote for Bush as President if you gave the 2004 debates even a cursory glance. I have to wonder how many people in America watched them - live on TV, I mean, as opposed to the edited highlights on Fox to make Bush look like he really did have some answers to anything Kerry had to say, which was a lot. The foolish little chimp just stood there in silence, muttering meaningless rhetoric.

Bush voter = idiot. Simple equation. I'm sure there's plenty of fuckheaded democrats, but it takes a special kind of idiot to have voted Bush back in, and I hope they all pay for what they did to the world.

Quote from: "Peking O"Really? What about all the great art, literature, music, films, etc. that have could be classed as "Americana"? Burn all traces of them too?

That's right, burn it all! It wouldn't be missed by anyone, and if it is then we'll kill them too!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

People who beat me in arguments when I am in the right and then later tell me not to be "so petty" when I show them proof that they were wrong.

People who are only serious about being superficial.

Trendies fall into both of these categories.

Neville Chamberlain

As a bit of a lefty myself, I hate those Cuba-lovin', Che-worshippin' lefty types, the kind whose anti-Americanism is so utterly blinding that they unashamedly marched alongside extreme Muslim groups and other unsavoury types in those anti-war marches. In many ways, I hate them more and Bush and his ilk. At least they seem more honest about their cuntery.

slim

Quote from: "The Unicorn"I just don't like people. I need to live on an island with animals, then I'll be happy.

Dr. Moreau? Is that you? I've been awaiting your return, my marrrrrrrsbter.

TJ

Not quite the same as 23 Daves, but similar - I have nothing but utter loathing for those privileged individuals who consider themselves a cut above the rest of us scum. Judges, lawyers, public schoolboys, high flying businessmen, Brian Sewell... the sort of people who tut loudly at the fact that other people who aren't even wearing a tie have the temerity to be in front of them in a queue, get paid inordinate amounts of money to have their name associated with some project or other that they don't even have to do any work for, and more seriously, ensure that each other gets whatever moneymaking opportunity they want greenlighted and gets away with any crimes and misdemeanours they may commit.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"
Quote from: "lardboy"
Quote from: "TraceyQ"People from Willenhall.
Watch it, Q.

Pah, she's just jealous of that ornamental chess-piece in the town square.

No, seriously, I can guess someone who comes from Willenhall as soon as they walk through the door of the shop. Most are clueless, rude and have personal hygiene issues.

lardboy

Quote from: "TraceyQ"No, seriously, I can guess someone who comes from Willenhall as soon as they walk through the door of the shop. Most are clueless, rude and have personal hygiene issues.
Nope.  That's just most people.

TraceyQ

Vile. In that case I'll say "most people" and be done with it.