Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Strands of society you have a (possibly irrational) unshakeable hatred of

Started by 23 Daves, December 19, 2005, 05:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God

Never in the field of human conversation has so much self-serving shit been talked by so many small-minded unfortunates in such a small period

Peace on Earth, and good will to all mankind

TraceyQ

You must hate these people too, God, surely, else you wouldnt allow them to suffer being so fucking ugly.

pillockandtwat

Hatred is necessarily self-serving.

You made me feel bad, and I hate you now, God.

Makes a change from the usual schmaltz, anyway.

EDIT: Peace on earth you sanctimonious little shit I'll give you a piece of my arghhhhhhhfckkker.

mook

Quote from: "TraceyQ"After walking into town I realise I do actually loathe "most other people". How do they get through life being so ugly?

Fuck, that's rich.

TraceyQ

ffogems

I think it's already been mentioned in more eloquent forms but feigned exasperation gets me, ahem, exasperated.

Also, I think it is wrongly perceived that there is an inclination amongst physically unappealing men and women to either adopt unfeasible amiability or specious misanthropy - people assume that it is feigned because they
must be insecure. In some cases it is probably true, and is hard to watch (there are a lot of mirrors in my house, ha ha), but it seems to be another way of allocating character moulds.

I hate arguements with others because I have to prove myself but lack the verbal proficency required, and often have to resort to churning out the same impersonal observations like 'you're just initiating an argument because you want to demonstrate your articulacy.'  or  'fuck off, wanker'. So I hate engaging in arguments as it rouses so many complications. So smug pugnacious tits get my vote.

QuoteAfter walking into town I realise I do actually loathe "most other people".
However, I would agree with this. I often find myself doing a DAN REACTS at the general public, even though I would probably get angry if I saw somebody else do this (supercillious bastards).

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "TraceyQ"After walking into town I realise I do actually loathe "most other people". How do they get through life being so ugly?

Is that a satire on this thread?

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Ciarán"
Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"Yeah, the whole jealousy thing is really bloody irritating way of explaining hatred. Ooh, you hate Richard Ayoade, you're just jealous of him. Bullshit. People annoy me normally because they do something I would never want to do rather than something I wish I could do, if that makes any sense.

You don't like Richard Ayoade's performance (or non-performance), but you don't hate him really. You don't know him. In a sense, maybe you are jealous, as I am, that he is in a position to deliver this performance where someone else would do better. I think we tend to misdirect our anger at people rather than actions. The word "cunt" has become extra popular in the last year or two hasn't it? No, Richard Ayoade probably shouldn't be getting away with it for so long, but we can only really direct our anger at "Richard Ayoade", the concept, rather than the actual person Richard Ayoade who we know nothing about really.
Yeah, I agree with you. I was just using Ayoade as an example - Lalla said we hate people because we are jealous of them, but this is something that is laughed at in Comedy Chat (and rightly so) when someone uses it in defence of a comedian.

Jemble Fred

A good way to cure yourself of the wish to push old people who dither, and annoying general public types out shopping generally, is to imagine someone very like yourself wanting to push you slow-moving, bargain-hunting parents into the road.

Then you realise what a cunt you're being.

If I had to name a group on pain of death, it would be 'Muso's' (I used to say 'Pixies fans'). But it would take a long time to define the term. And it would be a stupid generalisation when I did.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"Lalla said we hate people because we are jealous of them, but this is something that is laughed at in Comedy Chat (and rightly so) when someone uses it in defence of a comedian.

I think the jealousy thing possibly explains some irrational hatreds, though. There's a reason why I might hate the concept of Richard Ayaode for example (because I love comedy and the likes of him are fucking it up), but there's no reason for a blokey-bloke to hate a nerdy/shy bloke is there? Other than the fact that they resent the ease and comfort with which the nerdy/shy bloke continues to be nerdy/shy.

Frinky

Quote from: "ffogems"
Quote from: "TraceyQ"After walking into town I realise I do actually loathe "most other people".
However, I would agree with this. I often find myself doing a DAN REACTS at the general public, even though I would probably get angry if I saw somebody else do this (supercillious bastards).

People with no code of social conduct irritate the fuck out of me. If you can't behave with some degree of decorum in front of people, then you are sub-human, and should be put down. No, really.

Also: mockery towards those who are taking TQ's "ugly" jibe at it's most base value.

ffogems

Some people take offence to others' taciturnity as it is sign that they think they are above casual conversation and have more enjoyment playing with their own thoughts.
That isn't how I see it, but I think it explains why some can dislike others for not being as abrasive and garrulous as they are.

Mister Cairo

People who think saying something like "No offence, but..." before an insult will make things less offensive. I used to have a teacher who, every time he wanted to have a go at someone, would prefix his put-down with "I don't mean to be funny, but..."

Also people who leave their engine running while they sit outside someone's house (hooting from time to time) waiting for someone to come out, as opposed to going in and seeing how long they might be. The block of flats across from me has people who do this twice a week or so, just sitting in their car, engine rumbling, hooting to hurry their relative/friend/gimp for the night up. Maybe it's just a problem in my street.

Frinky

Quote from: "ffogems"Some people take offence to others' taciturnity as it is sign that they think they are above casual conversation and have more enjoyment playing with their own thoughts.
That isn't how I see it, but I think it explains why some can dislike others for not being as abrasive and garrulous as they are.

No, but it's not even that. Being racous in public, that's ok in certain situations and it doesn't bother me, but people who are obnoxious, rude, and show no consideration as to how their behavior affects the people around them - they're the ugly people.

ffogems

QuoteIf you can't behave with some degree of decorum in front of people
You saying you've never pulled 'a face' at something that irritates you? Even from a distance?

I think grumpiness is now seen as affectionate and 'cute' because of Grumpy Old Men, so that may explain why it is adopted my many without any real cause.

Frinky

mayer

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"there's no reason for a blokey-bloke to hate a nerdy/shy bloke is there?

There's often the situation where the nerdy/shy bloke has a clear superiority complex, and often assumes (or hopes that)  the blokey-bloke is an idiot, which can be a cause of resentment.

ffogems

QuoteYou're completely missing what I'm getting at
Now you're just being rude.
(I replied before I read your follow up)
Do you mean that I am the ugly one for being annoyed at rudeness? That I'm rude for externally reacting to others' rudeness?

Jemble Fred

Is it okay to hate nasty people? Because I do, they're all cunts. Don't know many genuinely nasty people, but they are out there.

Frinky

You know, I've always wondered if that was true. I suppose there must be, but still. If there's someone who's truely nasty, then there's usually a reason for it, which I can kind of forgive then. Is that right? No, probably not.

Frinky

Quote from: "ffogems"Do you mean that I am the ugly one for being annoyed at rudeness? That I'm rude for externally reacting to others' rudeness?

Are you winding me up?

ffogems

Open contempt for others in public, particulary a contemptuous superiority, is often accepted and forgiven as a result of insecurity. But that's too easy a fall-back, an easy way of getting out of the fact that you're being rude and unable to remain impassive.

Pretty.Polly

I develop a short lived, yet intense, hatred towards people who walk along a busy side walk and then just STOP in front of you without warning, resulting in an embarrassing collision, only to turn and look at you like you'd just shat on one or all of their children!

And before anyone chastises me for criticizing people who dare to stop walking, that is not the issue here.  Of course people are allowed to stop walking, but in a crowded street environment, one must be aware that this may cause certain repercussions and therefore should have their 'Sorry I'm a fuck-witt' face at the ready should collision occur.  If no one collides with you, you are free to go on your way.

ffogems

QuoteAre you winding me up?
Of course not. But If you feel I've missed your point I would greatly appreciate it  being made a bit clearer.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

As some will know, I hate the sight/sound of people talking on mobile phones - far beyond the rational 'It's a bit irritating when they're talking very loud on a train' level. It's almost a phobia. It's partly irrational, but then it's also based on genuine grievances - a dislike of unnecessary noise being one example. So I don't know whether I should fight this hatred or not.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "Pretty.Polly"I develop a short lived, yet intense, hatred towards people who walk along a busy side walk and then just STOP in front of you without warning, resulting in an embarrassing collision, only to turn and look at you like you'd just shat on one or all of their children!

And before anyone chastises me for criticizing people who dare to stop walking, that is not the issue here.  Of course people are allowed to stop walking, but in a crowded street environment, one must be aware that this may cause certain repercussions and therefore should have their 'Sorry I'm a fuck-witt' face at the ready should collision occur.  If no one collides with you, you are free to go on your way.

Ah, yes, I do hate certain people after all - those bastards.  More specifically those who walk the wrong way up or down the ramp leading towards Birmingham New Street Station/The Pallisades, when there are arrows showing which way they should be walking.  I refuse to divert my path to make allowances for these cretins, and if they're in my way when I'm running for the train, they're going to get mown down.

Erm...unless they're built like a brick shithouse.

Xerxes & Friends

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Don't we often 'hate' people who are comfortable doing what we secretly want to do?

And if they're northern, that makes it even worse.

I hate people who acutally CARE where people are from.  Worst of all is people from, say, Gateshead hating people from Newcastle, or people from Torquay hating people from Exeter, or people from Liverpool hating people from Manchester, North Wales, Lancashire, the Isle of Man, Yorkshire, everywhere that's not fucking Liverpool apparently.  Hating people from about 20 miles away is the worst kind of cuntdom.  But it's really exactly the same thing as someone from a northern sink estate hating people from the home counties, or the Scottish hating the English.  I don't see any difference at all.  

But as has been pointed out here our hatreds often reveal something more about ourselves.  In my case, I grew up in lots of different places all over the UK and beyond, and as a result I don't have a good answer for that dreaded question, "Where are you from?".  It comes up all the time because of my accent (RP) and I'm fucking sick of it.  There is no good, snappy answer that doesn't sound wanky.  I've tried joke answers ("I'm from everywhere... and nowhere..." whilst trying to look comically enigmatic - that's bloody hard to pull off).  Actually, next time someone asks me I'm sorely tempted to say "WHY??? WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?  WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL IT MAKE TO YOUR OPINION OF ME???"  Obviously insecurity in my lack of home town identity causing this question to rankle.  Am I 'jealous' of people who can assuredly answer "Stoke-on-Trent!"?  I'm really not sure.

23 Daves

You see, I agree in spirit with Ciaran completely here.  That's why I asked in the first post if anyone could talk me down from my problem.  It's only in the last year, since returning to the UK funnily enough, that I've rediscovered my hatred of extremely posh people which I thought I'd buried in my early twenties.  It might be because it looks more ridiculous now, I don't know - there's just no feasible need for the upper classes, is there?  And given that they are close to being cultural dinosaurs, you'd hope that they'd at least be a bit polite on the way out in the vain hope that the rest of society might help to preserve them.  But no, so many of them are shockingly rude.

I probably feel a bit more trapped in wage slaves jobs than I did a few years ago as well, which may be part of the problem as well.  Perhaps, deep down, I feel they have it far too easy.  I hope it's not as simple as that, though.  I think it's just because I left for another country which at least tried to do the "equal pegging" thing (though didn't always succeed) and on returning I'm a bit more confident around "important people" as a result, and I'm finding that confidence is continually being rebuffed and almost treated as insolence.  It's a bit of an English disease, isn't it?