Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,346
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If you could turn back time?

Started by king mob, March 06, 2004, 12:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king mob

Cher had a point, what would you do if you could turn back time or travel in time , would you stop Hitler or become a stock market playa!

Or will you wait for anything that comes from this barmy article.

terminallyrelaxed

Hmm yes a certan amount of investment with both city and turf accountants would have to be indulged in. And one way or another, Southgate would'nt have taken that penalty, and poor old Seaman would never have made it to Korea.

TotalNightmare

i'd do fuck all...

ive seen far too much sci fi to know that it is ALWAYS a fucking mistake to go back in time and mess with stuff...

Have you never heard of the Grandfather Paradox?

Jeez...

Pinball

I'd invest in a certain fruit company ;-)

Hairy Chin

Quote from: "Pinball"I'd invest in a certain fruit company ;-)

The man from Del Monte - he likes to say yes.

DonkeyRods

Is that the fruit company that is on a 52 week high at the moment? Is it too late to invest now, 'ja think? Or have I made a terrible error?

morgs

I'd dump my ex-girlfriend when I originally planned to, instead of getting over it, getting back in deep and then getting dumped myself.  Or I would have taped all the early CM GLR shows etc and shared them with you lovely people...

Just to show I am not bitter and twisted!

terminallyrelaxed

If thats not a Forrest Gump reference I'm very confused...

Bilko

Quote from: "morgs"Or I would have taped all the early CM GLR shows etc and shared them with you lovely people...

That is the right answer, and go back to the 60's or 70's and stop the BBC from destroying some of the Hancock's Half Hour and Doctor Who episodes and some other good programmes.

Bill Oddie

I'd go back and kill Hitler, no question....

....and then use my knowledge of allied tactics and battle plans to lead Germany to victory and a glorious 1000 year third Reich....

*evil laugh*

nixon

causality.

I there were to be a causality violation, the world would explode.

If you have seen John Carpenters "prince Of Darkness" you'll know what I'm on about.

Purple Tentacle

The idea of reversing time is a physical nonsense, and so the question is invalid and I demand that this thread be locked and/or deleted.

orangedog

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"The idea of reversing time is a physical nonsense, and so the question is invalid and I demand that this thread be locked and/or deleted.

Well you're a little package of fun, aren't ya?

I'd go back a couple of weeks to a disasterous date i had with a congenital liar, take him to the toilets at the bar we were in and give him a good seeing to, then ditch him.

I'm not bitter, me.

king mob

Quote from: "nixon"causality.

I there were to be a causality violation, the world would explode.

If you have seen John Carpenters "prince Of Darkness" you'll know what I'm on about.

I thought i was in the Matrix listening to some git in a white suit take bollocks, ergo, viv a vis.

Prince of Darkness is a great little film, always nice to see another fan :)

Citizen Erased

I'd go back to 29th July 1981 and burst into Westminster Abbey in a blaze of fireworks and electric guitars. I'd run to the alter whilst employing a series of judo rolls and acrobatic flips to avoid the SAS fighting machines that were cleverly and covertly hidden as members of the congregation... I'd present Lady Diana Spencer with a walkman containing a song called "Candle in the Wind" that I had written for her and inform her of all the pain she would suffer if she proceeded to marry into the Royal Family. I'd then scoop her over my shoulder before jumping into a wormhole back to 1976 where we'd just chill out, smoke drugs and have "free love" n' stuff.....

zozman

Quote from: "Citizen Erased"Lady Diana Spencer .........all the pain she would suffer .....

Is it just me who finds this funny?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "orangedog"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"The idea of reversing time is a physical nonsense, and so the question is invalid and I demand that this thread be locked and/or deleted.

Well you're a little package of fun, aren't ya?

I'd go back a couple of weeks to a disasterous date i had with a congenital liar, take him to the toilets at the bar we were in and give him a good seeing to, then ditch him.

I'm not bitter, me.

Hey! You're still around. Well obviously you know that but... erm... well nothing really. Well done. Good. As you were.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"i'd do fuck all...

ive seen far too much sci fi to know that it is ALWAYS a fucking mistake to go back in time and mess with stuff...

Have you never heard of the Grandfather Paradox?

Jeez...

Yep. Read these lyrics to the song "Wings" by The Fall and take heed:

QuoteDay by day.
The moon gains on me.
Day by day.
The moon gains on me.

Purchased pair of flabby wings.
I took to doing some HOVERING.
Here is a list of incorrect things.

HOVERED mid-air outside a study.
An academic needed his chin,
sent in the dust of some cheap magazines.
His academic rust, could not burn them up.

Recruited some gremlins.
To get me clear of the airline routes.
I paid them off with stuffing from my wings.
They had some fun with those cheapo airline snobs.

The stuffing loss made me hit a timelock.
I ended up in the eighteen sixties.
I've been there for one hundred and twenty five years.
A small alteration of the past. Can turn time into space.

Ended up under Ardwick Bridge.
With some veterans from the U.S. Civil War.
They were under Irish patronage.
We shot dead a stupid sergeant,
but I got hit in the crossfire.
The lucky hit made me hit a time lock.

But, when I got back.
The place I made the purchase, no longer exists
I'd erased it under the bridge.

Day by day.
The moon came towards me
By such things.
The moon came towards me.

So now I sleep in ditches.
And hide away from nosey kids.
The wings rot and feather under me.
The wings rot and curl right under me.
A small alteration of the past.
Can turn time into space.
Small touches can alter more than a mere decade.

Wings X 17.