Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,483
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Image of 2005

Started by VegaLA, December 21, 2005, 12:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Does anyone have one single picture that sums up 2005 for them personally ?
Maybe it's something you shot yourself, or another VerbWhore (ETT immediatly springs to mind), an image from a website or something that you feel looks forwards to 2006 and the future. Whatever it is this is the place to post it !

I got jack but please go right ahead !!

JJJJH

I dunno. This fucking movie poster below has refused to leave my mind since I first saw it ages ago in the streets of Bristol, and though I haven't seen the film (or the original) itself, this poster sums up my feelings of the year quite accurately; bland, depressing, and up for a bit of cross-dressing.

flamingdog

Was William Shatner in that?

Dusty Gozongas

Sadness

Below, a classic image (and I'm Irish!!).....

and below, a pair of twats!!

Lt Plonker

sproggy

One year closer to death.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One image is mighty hard. I'm tempted to go for a cricketing image, but there are so many? Strauss stretching for a catch, all the centuries, Jones tumbling to win the test for England at Edgbaston...there wasn't really a defining image of that for me, more like a glorious sideshow, a massive piss-up and then a trip round London.

In other events, there's been the death of Best, the oil fire, the 7/7 bombings, Tsunami, New Orleans, the re-election of bush and then the re-election of Blair. Famine in Sudan, Earthquakes in Pakistan, the bird-flu panic, the trial of Saddam Hussain ETCETCETC.

There's been a lot of really shitty things happening this year on many levels, and plenty of justifiable reasons for being really, truly depressed.

This cartoon doesn't exactly sum the year up, but it stuck in my memory.

butnut

Hehe, I love how you're described the London bombings, the Tsunami (although that was technically lasy year) and hurricane Katrina as 'other events' after the cricket.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well I like to get my priorities right.

Jasper

2005: Better than 2004, not as good as 2003

Mediocre Rich

Daaaaaaan

Quote from: "Jasper"2005: Better than 2004, not as good as 2003

Well said. 2003 was pretty good, wasn't it?