Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What has three heads and six legs?

Started by Kingboy_D, March 06, 2004, 03:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingboy_D

A frog in Somerset, apparently:

Quote'Three-headed frog' leaves experts on the hop

A mutant frog with three heads and six legs was on the run in Somerset yesterday after being photographed in the garden of a children's nursery.

Wildlife experts said they were stunned by the weird creature which was briefly captured by a group of children at the Green Umbrella nursery in Weston-super-Mare yesterday morning.

Rebecca Twinn, the nursery manager, said the children had put the frog in a bucket and brought it to show to the teachers.

"At first we just thought it was three few frogs piled on top of each other but then it leapt up at us as one thing. The skin of the three heads all seemed to be one piece of skin," Ms Twinn said. "The children were all excited. They are all under four, so I suppose they were too young to be scared. I suppose they thought it was a bit of Harry Potter come to the Green Umbrella."

"He got away quite shortly after we captured him. One of the children went to look at him and he jumped out. We've had Sky News, the local television people and the children trying to find him all afternoon. They've been looking all over the garden and in the pond but with no success."

John Wilkinson, a frog ecologist at the Open University, said it appeared, from pictures taken before the escape, to be an extremely unusual find. "I have certainly never seen anything like it before. It seems to be an example of Siamese birth whereby three individual animals all have arisen from the same fertilised embryo but they haven't divided properly. We know this can happen because it happens in other animals," he said. "I do retain some scepticism, however. If you look at the pictures, the lower frog does appear to have different characteristics to the two other frogs. It is not unusual to find more than one male frog clinging very tightly to a female. They get very randy, as we all do, and will not let go. We are in the breeding season."

Mike Dilger, a wildlife biologist, said: "As far as I am aware it is unprecedented. Frogs have a very primitive embryology - so the occasional extra toe is not that unusual. But this is something different."

He said the reason for the three-headed frog's development could have been damage to the embryo, a spontaneous mutation such as that of conjoined human twins or factors in the environment, including pollution.

Well isn't that the damndest thing?

Pinball

Cheese Arse H Christ

Even spookier, it's been posted 3 times

Gamma Ray

As Cheesy just said, in a delightful display of symmetry it's now been posted three times too. Perhaps we should speculate a little more on the meaning of this monstrosity?

Or perhaps not. I posted a picture of it here. I only mention it because you might be interested in my latest post on that thread, a link to blacksmoke.

Hairy Chin

This froggy fella gets about on here. See - us verbwhores love abhorrent freaks of nature, aren't we a kind bunch?

Marcus Or Relius

Maybe there are actually three separate three-headed frogs out there, and each of the various posts here relate to different ones, thus acquitting various whores of charges of First-Degree-Not-Using-The-Search-Feature.

I was going to post a thread about a three-headed Frenchman and title it "Three Headed Frog Found!!" for a laugh, but after much Googling I can't find any stories relating to three-headed Frenchman. Just a rather arousing video-clip of a Frenchwoman giving head to three men, although I was unable to ascertain the nationality of the three gentlemen in question because I was too busy not-wanking* over it.

* Just a little loop-hole to avoid charges of First-Degree-Turning-A-Thread-Onto-The-Subject-Of-Masturbation-Within-Six-Posts and the appropriate £50 fine