Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:19:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yuletide Misanthropy

Started by George, December 24, 2005, 07:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Don't you just love Christmas rhyming slang?

I don't dislike Christmas it's just that I have chosen to spend Christmas day alone and I'm rather looking forward to it. This is not an anti social denial of humankind or decision to wallow in self pity, rather it's about relative conditions. I'm in Korea and it just does not feel like home (let alone Christmas) in any way whatsoever. In Korea they celebrate Christmas per se, but don't have a special day as such (their confucian and Buddhist heritage pays homage to solstices and honorific dates) and so this sort of opens up the sex without the climax so to speak, the day isn't important and so it seems seamlessly normal to treat the day like any other. I don't know what I'll do, but I am going to make certain that it is wholly unusual and out of season. The last thing I want to do is stay in bed and wallow, I think I'll go and see Oldboy followed by a nice sushi platter and seasonal live octupus, or something.

Being away from home highlights the specific character of Christmas that being back in Blighty might well disguise. For one, there's this necessity to reinvent childhood (recieving presents and special cakes being a couple of examples) and I find that not only a redundant exercise where I am, but also a bit creepy to tell you the truth (shrugs shoulders). Another factor is the forced sense of family that (in my case anyway) always leads to a traditional family row every year and I do so hate predictabilities of that kind. But before I start sounding like Ebenezer scrooge, I'll get back to point: do any whores share my predicament whether s/he be estranged or not and what will you be doing while others are enjoying their Eastenders Omnibus?

oh, and merry Christmas to you all.

Santa's Boyfriend

I misread that as "Yuletide Lycanthropy", which on reflection would probably be more fun.

sproggy

Chin up George, sometimes it does the seoul good to have some deep thinking time alone, especially at christmas.

The octopus lunch sounds great but not sure about the choice of movie, Team America perhaps?

hulahoops

You could experiment with other cultures and have a traditional Jewish Christmas - go to the movies and get Chinese takeaway.  Or Korean, as that makes a bit more sense for you.

My best friend and I are not religious and lacking in family - hers live far away and mine is small and don't do holidays anymore - so we've forgone gifts for each other and spent a lot of money on shopping to make a big dinner for ourselves on Christmas Day, which is conveniently the first day of Hanukkah as well.  Not much different from what we do every weekend, except with better food.  And fairy lights.

George

Ah cheers chaps. You guys reek of humanity, an acquired taste I'm sure but a shot of warmth nevertheless. Never saw Oldboy in the end because it meant leaving my lair (I'Mate hours ahead of youse lot). They have these places called ''DVD Rooms'', a videoshop with viewing booths and bars, some go to watch a film they select, others go for a blowjob and a short film. I just wasn't in the mood to choose between the two. just cleaned the room and ignored the phone. But, aye, there be wee pangs of guilt for not joining in today but fuckit, I'm drinking soju (korean Gin) and things are bright and sparkly.

Tomorrow I have my family to answer for and the expats I've been chummy with; but sometimes one's own company is all the company one needs. I want 2006 right now darn nammit!

Cardinal mate, chin (or should that be tits?) up, and sproggs Team America (so I have been told) has been cut to fuck over here due to the overt N.Korea references, I might well hire twin peaks and think of your wee little friend instead ;).

Merry Humbug etc.

xxxx

In lieu of seeing Oldboy, how about a festive hammer rampage instead?

wasp_f15ting

Christmas is such a family thing, i'd fell horrible turning up to peoples houses. This is my 4th christmas alone. I hope I can fly to India for christmas next year. As much as I like christmas, all it seems to bring up is what I had with my family a few years back.

I usually don't get sucked into the whole media shite, but looking at the calander and thinking what I did, this day a few years ago makes me feel really sad. It wasn't about the pressies or food, it was just about the only time the whole family met in mind to make eachother happy. Ah well :(

Carlos Tevez

Arrghhh please let the festive season end.

Mr. Analytical

Thank Christ that's over for another year.

sproggy

What are LOL NO chances... ?

George

Quote from: "StuBruise"In lieu of seeing Oldboy, how about a festive hammer rampage instead?

I saw Olboy last night as it happens. And as it it happened I recieved a hand job at the same time. What with the incest theme, twas the best anticlimax I've ever had.

Quote from: "George"
Quote from: "StuBruise"In lieu of seeing Oldboy, how about a festive hammer rampage instead?

I saw Olboy last night as it happens. And as it it happened I recieved a hand job at the same time. What with the incest theme, twas the best anticlimax I've ever had.

I did wonder what would happen if you watched Oldboy in a DVD Room but decided against asking you to try it out in case it messed with your head too much. Glad to hear you haven't been damaged enough to turn yourself in to the local police though.