Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celeb Big Bro

Started by Carlos Tevez, January 04, 2006, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

So... in last year's, Bez was claiming that he needed the money? I've just been watching highlights from last year's Gumball 3000 (held in May) and Bez was taking part, in a massive 4x4. That really is quite an indulgence for someone who claims that they really could do with £25,000, or whatever last year's prize money was. I don't know exactly how much the entry fee alone for last year's Gumball was, but this year it's a minimum of £40,000 (if you have more than 2 people in your vehicle, it's an additional £10,000 each).

Edit: Oh, the latter part of this explains that he had help with his vehicle, it doesn't explain if he was going to have to enter via the usual method or not, though. I don't think anyone gets concessions for the Gumball, do they? Maybe that Max bloke who organises it lets certain celebs do it for free, because of the publicity, I dunno. Even if you get the car and entry for free it's still one hell of an indulgence for someone who is apparently in serious financial trouble.

Mr. Analytical

Did he field a team then?  or was he just driving/taking part?  Because I would have thought that he's have been paid to take part as a publicity stunt and the 4x4 would have been rented for the race.

gazzyk1ns

Just edited, it was apparently a modified Hackney Carriage. Still... as above.

I don't think you can "field teams" in the Gumball, it's not a commercial race. It's not even a race, just an extremely opulent cruise. The Wikipedia page is pretty crap, considering.

MonkeyDrummer

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Just edited, it was apparently a modified Hackney Carriage. Still... as above..

Yeah, wasn't that the Hackney he got pimpified?

Pimp me!

mook

Quote from: "Neil"He was larking about and being quite amusing, and they switched to a shot of the rest of them...all looking quite jolly, but with Jodie Marsh furiously looking away from the whole thing.  I wish I'd taken a screenshot, the rage and hurt was palpable!

Blimey, she does look a bit miffed doesn't she; and she appears to have changed colour again.

peterperv

...and very good it was, too.

danielreal2k

Next week could see 3 of the housemates all in the top 20 charts, Chantelle, Ordinary Boys, and the re-release of Dead or Alives Spin me Round.

JesusAndYourBush

Wasn't there any sort of a reunion party broadcast this year?  The only Big Brother show I could find in the listings was a BBLB (or BBBM) at some ungodly hour of before mid-day, but nothing at night at a more reasonable time like they normnally broadcast it at.

EDIT: Oh, on the previous page Neil mentions a BBLB reunion (that's what that pic is from I guess).  Was that the thing I saw listed at 11am or whatever?  Why no repeat at a sensible time?

Ambient Sheep

I don't know, but no, that was it.  11.50am on Channel 4, then 3pm on E4 and 4pm on E4+1.  I was surprised that there was no evening repeat myself.

danielreal2k

I heard a rumour that they have been offered £££££ to go back in the house lol

Big Brother Germany lasts a year!! hell thats a long stint

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "danielreal2k"Big Brother Germany lasts a year!! hell thats a long stint
It was actually supposed to be never-ending, but in the end they pulled the plug on it after just less than a year.

Ambient Sheep

No wonder Pete Burns told Davina he felt "clinically depressed" at the thought of You Spin Me Round being re-released.  Apparently he sold the rights to the record a while back in order to pay for his plastic surgery...

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Ahem.

danielreal2k

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"No wonder Pete Burns told Davina he felt "clinically depressed" at the thought of You Spin Me Round being re-released.  Apparently he sold the rights to the record a while back in order to pay for his plastic surgery...

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Ahem.

Silly fool, apparently he sold everything, his house, complete back catalogue.

danielreal2k

How desperate is that Orange faced dog

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=13027

QuoteJodie's rant got even worse; she got her own back on contestants Pete Burns and Michael Barrymore by saying: "I just hope when Pete dies, he gets eaten by 12 hungry gorillas and when Michael dies it's in a swimming pool with something shoved up his arse."

Orias

Quoteu go girl!!! I think pet and michael are horrible and should crawl back under the rock they came out from!!! jodie rocks.!!!=]
- LENA, IRELAND

See!  You're all wrong!  Jodie rulez!

menguin

Quote from: "danielreal2k"
Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"No wonder Pete Burns told Davina he felt "clinically depressed" at the thought of You Spin Me Round being re-released.  Apparently he sold the rights to the record a while back in order to pay for his plastic surgery...

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Ahem.

Silly fool, apparently he sold everything, his house, complete back catalogue.

He did all that just to look like a walking, talking Bratz doll?!

Artemis

I saw the original video to his song earlier today and he looks MUCH better before he went and fucked his face up. I'd feel for him a bit if he wasn't so repugnant in BB - he certainly seems to have sold absolutely everything he possibly can to pay for that dogs dinner.

I understand that his 'acerbic one liners' have resulted in chat show negotiations on both sides of the pond though, so there may be light at the end of his tunnel, if you'll excuse the imagery.

danielreal2k

Quote from: "Artemis"that his 'acerbic one liners' have resulted in chat show negotiations on both sides of the pond though, so there may be light at the end of his tunnel, if you'll excuse the imagery.

I'd actually watch Barrymore and Burns if they had a chat show , Baddiel and Skinner style. Some of their early morning chats in the house were pure comedy brilliance, put me in mind of a strange form of Black Books - Barrymore being Bill running around cleaning, worrying, checking everything, Burns being the chain smoking, drinking Dylan Moran mouthing off at everything shouting in Bills ear.

Artemis

I'm slightly anxious for Barrymore's return to TV. I'm sure you know already he's guest presenting the Friday Night Project tomorrow night. No doubt he can be an engaging personality, but it was hard enough following him when he was just titting around - if I have to decipher his mumblings as well, I'm concerned some people just won't have the time without subtitles.

I do quite want him to do well, though.

Neil

Quote from: "Artemis"I saw the original video to his song earlier today and he looks MUCH better before he went and fucked his face up. I'd feel for him a bit if he wasn't so repugnant in BB - he certainly seems to have sold absolutely everything he possibly can to pay for that dogs dinner.

Did you not see the launch night?  If I remember correctly, then he was getting his lips done, but it all went horribly wrong.  He ended up with very fucked-up lips, great big massive puffy things.  He then said he had to sell everything to pay for reconstructive surgery.  Ha\ving said that, yeah, I imagine some of the modifications were by choice, rather than just to deal with the lip problem.  

Quote from: "Jodie Marsh"Speaking to Star magazine Marsh was outraged to hear that former Big Brother contestant Jade Goody had slated her behaviour in the house to which she replied...

"I'm sorry, but how vile is Jade Goody? She had her flaps out on the sofa, so how dare she say I'm a disgrace! She's a cunt. She reckons she's better then me but she's fucking vile.

Oh deary me.  This from someone who's apparently famous for turning up to a permiere with her baps out.

the midnight watch baboon

I can never decide who's the more hateful: The micro celebs who think they're worth watching, the audience at home who concurs, or the banner wielding quadraspazzes who turn up to cheer/boo/dribble. Actually, it's gotta be Davina.

Artemis

Quote from: "Neil"Did you not see the launch night?  If I remember correctly, then he was getting his lips done, but it all went horribly wrong.  He ended up with very fucked-up lips, great big massive puffy things.  He then said he had to sell everything to pay for reconstructive surgery.
Yes I did see the launch night, and I didn't mean he paid money to deliberately look how he does now - I know that most of it got spent on reconstructive surgery or whatever it was - you know, damage limitation. However, it's still all in the name of self-improvement, isn't it, whether its getting a lip-job or getting a repair to a lip-job.

Artemis

Quote from: "the midnight watch baboon"I can never decide who's the more hateful: The micro celebs who think they're worth watching, the audience at home who concurs, or the banner wielding quadraspazzes who turn up to cheer/boo/dribble. Actually, it's gotta be Davina.
Yep, it's Davina. I don't think BB would be the same without her and I like her aesthetically pleasing face to be on my screen during the show, but I don't like anything else about her presenting style, so perhaps if she could just stand motionless in the corner of the screen whilst someone more engaging hosts proceedings, that might work?

danielreal2k

Looks like she's following Jodies lead.

Mind you Pete can hardly bash them for revealing all can he

-not work, eating lunch, or anything safe-
http://www.popbitch.com/pictures/burns.jpg

Artemis

This surely isn't biologically possible, is it. I mean - say they shagged last weekend - is it humanly possible to know you're pregnant by now?

danielreal2k

Quote from: "Artemis"This surely isn't biologically possible, is it. I mean - say they shagged last weekend - is it humanly possible to know you're pregnant by now?

Dont worry it's the Daily Star not the BBC

I think its something to do with popular baby 'names' , lot of births over the recent weeks, parents have been naming their children after them.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "danielreal2k"(picture)

Looks like she's following Jodies lead.

I'll give it a week before she's found lying dead with a pickaxe embedded in her head with Jodie Marsh's fingerprints all over it.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "danielreal2k"-not work, eating lunch, or anything safe-
Is that one of George Galloway's cigars on the floor or has part of him fallen off?

danielreal2k

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"
Quote from: "danielreal2k"-not work, eating lunch, or anything safe-
Is that one of George Galloway's cigars on the floor or has part of him fallen off?

I think he did a poo poo

Or that's where George has been hiding