Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celeb Big Bro

Started by Carlos Tevez, January 04, 2006, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypnotoad.

Worst. Thread. Derail. Ever.

Bogey

But the cocktail doesn't necessarily have to have the branded drink in it to be called a martini, does it? Or does it?

In any case, it's all horrible stuff.

Carlos Tevez

Enough about Martini, it's disgusting stuff for grannies.

mook

Quote from: "Bogey"But the cocktail a "martini", the vodka version of which James Bond likes, is different from Martini, a brand of vermouth, which comes in Rosso, Bianco and Extra Dry formats.
Is that right?

Yep, it's just a fortified wine. I must admit I quite like the taste of it especailly when it is as cold a fuck straight out of the fridge, the best ever ingredient for de-glazing the pan for a good roast chicken gravy. You can't go far wrong with Noilly Prat, them frenchies know a thing or two.

Errm de-rail over...gotta love them celebs aintcha!

Pseudopath

Quote from: "Bogey"But the cocktail doesn't necessarily have to have the branded drink in it to be called a martini, does it?
No. Apparently, the name of the cocktail is completely unrelated to the branded vermouth drink, which is why Martini (the vermouth) is still branded as 'Martini & Rossi' in the US.

Trying to get back on thread...did you know Russia's version of Big Brother is called Bol'shoy Brat, which sounds a bit like a ballet dancer with an ASBO.

petula dusty

All this talk of Martini is making me want to watch One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Is it Boy George or Pete Burns for the outrageous/scary queen slot then?

mayer

And of course, Bond had to ask for it to be shaken rather than stirred, as that is against usual Martini etiquette.

Shaking it with ice causes the drink to go cloudy, whilst the classic drink is stirred so it remains clear.

petula dusty

Martini - Cheswick - OFOTCN - 'I WANT MY CIGARETTES!!' - Nadia - Big Brother

Yay, the thread is back on track!

Artemis

Looking forward to this - it'll be the first celebrity BB I've been around to watch. Sounds like this time they've actually got people worth watching rather then just a load of ex-soap stars (i.e. the boring ones) - still a couple of duds in there (who gives a fuck about ex-corrie 'star' Scott Wright, for instance?) but the likes of Barrymore and Anna-Nicole Smith make up for it.

Dream combination would be Pam St. Clement and Moira Stewart... the sparks would surely fly.

Bogey

Well, they had John McCrrirrririrck, Bez and Jackie Stallone last year, none of whom I think you could really call boring.

Artemis

I'd have called John Mciririririrk boring and still do.... Bez I'd have put down as a one-trick pony trying to eek his way back into the spotlight (boring) and Jackie Stallone? Yeah, she'd be watchable in principle. So, one out of three. Not bad.

Neil

Quote from: "Artemis"I'd have called John Mciririririrk boring and still do....

Well you're wrong.  He was a spoilt brat in big pants.

Bogey

Quite. He may have been massive grotesque twat, but he was far from boring. (unlike that ex-hollyoaks pretty-boy - who I didn't actually hate as a person, but he hardly made for compulsive viewing).

The celebrity version is far more interesting than the regular one. And it's shorter.

Artemis

Well I'll bow to your experience. Like I said, I haven't watched CBB before.

I'm positively salivating at the thought of Jodie Mar.... sorry.... Michael Barrymore being there. Definitely seems like those 'casting' for this show are better then the ones who get 'stars' for "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here."

Dennis Rodman won 'Celebrity Mole 2'

Dennis Rodman won't win CBB.  He wouldn't win even if people in the UK had actually heard of him.

falafel

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "Artemis"I'd have called John Mciririririrk boring and still do....

Well you're wrong.  He was a spoilt brat in big pants.

I actually actually actually read that as "boiled spratt".

Neil

The side-boards do look like land-gills.

Tokyo Sexwhale

George Galloway is in this!?!

It just got interesting!

Artemis

Where did you hear that?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"George Galloway is in this!?!

It just got interesting!

Hahaha.

What?!

Tokyo Sexwhale

I heard it on Radio Five Live a few seconds before I posted that.

petula dusty

I wanted Pete Burns in but it sounds like it will be Boy George. I wonder if his luxury item will be his set of face paints. I might try that black neck trick meself sometime and maybe extend it all the way down my sides like a black Ready Brek glow. Or I could diet. Pfft.

George Galloway cant be in it he's an proper MP isnt he? And there endeth my knowledge of current affairs.

Bogey

Bollocks it'll be Galloway.
Compulsive viewing if true, but, no, utter bollocks.

Neil

I remember last year on the opening night Germaine Greer had to lecture Bez and that boy-band bollock on who the likes of MC5 were!  She had some bloody great stories, too.

TraceyQ

Trust me to run out of pot on the night this starts.

Bogey

So we've got this on Channel 4, Three Men in a Boat on BBC2 and Jonathan Meades on Stalinist architecture on BBC4. All at nine.

I shall be watching Channel 4; the other two are keepers. Or one of them at the very least.

Thank you Internet!

Tokyo Sexwhale

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Trust me to run out of pot on the night this starts.
Shit, is it actually starting TONIGHT?  (consults TV guide)  Oh, so it is.

Hmmm, perhaps in light of your recent good news, you should take a look at this...

Quote from: "Bogey"So we've got this on Channel 4, Three Men in a Boat on BBC2 and Jonathan Meades on Stalinist architecture on BBC4. All at nine.
On top of that, Torty has the last episode of Doc Martin on ITV...and on BBC2W, instead of Three Men in a Boat (so that's why I missed it) there's the start of the rerun of Welsh drama "Belonging" (starring Eve "Gweneth from Doctor Who - The Unquiet Dead" Myles) on BBC2W.  Even the Murdoch+ box won't get us out of this one!

Peking O

Shall I make the obligatory "Big Brother is shit" post just to get it out of the way?

gazzyk1ns

Yes but say "vacuous" to get that out of the way, too.