Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corner Gas: Outstanding Canadian Comedy

Started by Hemorrhoid Shark, January 05, 2006, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Pinball

bump

I totally forgot about this series, and just noticed that S4 is up to E11 on the torrent sites!

Isn't it nice when you find a new seam of comedy to mine? :-)

Ja'moke

Haven't heard of this before so thanks for bumping the thread, will check this out.

Pinball

steveh

And twelve years since the last post... all series of this are currently on Amazon Prime everywhere. Been doing one episode a night so only just got onto the third series but it's a terrific show. I assume given the cast all stayed with it to the final episode that it doesn't go into a terrible downward spiral around series 4. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B07KWJ49RY/

There's also the new animated series which has just been renewed for a second series which I hope someone will pick up. https://www.cornergas.com/

Small Man Big Horse

I liked this a fair bit but found it started getting a bit repetitive during the fourth season and never saw the final two, does anyone know if they're worth seeking out?

QDRPHNC

It's adorable, reading the first page of this thread. Burning to DVD to watch it indeed!

EbbyVale

Quote from: steveh on February 23, 2019, 09:49:16 AM
And twelve years since the last post... all series of this are currently on Amazon Prime everywhere. Been doing one episode a night so only just got onto the third series but it's a terrific show.

A Canadian friend loves this but I couldn't get there--the wackiness seemed forced in a Green Acres way to me.  But she also started on series four, so maybe I should start on series one and let things build?

shiftwork2

Always meant to get stuck into this, thanks for the information.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Twit 2

This thread is older compared to now than Seinfeld was at the time to Belgium the size of Wales every day.

steveh

Freevee has all four seasons so far of the animated reboot of Corner Gas which is just more of the same really. Takes a few episodes to get into its stride but mostly keeps up the standard of the original. Does suffer slightly from the sitcom later episode curse of over-focussing on one specific trait of each character but not to the extent of being too annoying.