Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

observer piece on bbc satire.......and dead ringers

Started by fbb bastard, March 07, 2004, 03:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbb bastard

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1163849,00.html

some interesting points there......"comedy is supposed to be inaccurate..if its not its probably not very good" et al

and a sign of what armando is up to next as well

big dogs cock

Cheers for drawing my attention to that blob-o, i'm actually sat here trying to work out how to get a Politics dissertation question out of the changing relationship between the BBC and the government, and this is perfect for my 'stick anything vaguely relevant in a folder and feel like i'm doing work' stage (this will last some months).

I know nothing other than what I read in the papers of course, but there seems to have been a real overreaction from the BBC after Hutton, a bit of spinelessness, I'd be interested to know to what extent those within the BBC are really being told to 'tone it down'. This seems like nothing more than a cosmetic exercise and a pain in the neck, but perhaps not if Iannucci's genuinely irritated.

Quotethe controversial Double Take show

Well not really. Showing a blurry image of someone who looks a bit like Prince Charles with his willy out isn't exactly public order threatening.

Quotecomedy is supposed to be inaccurate..if its not its probably not very good

Yeah i'd go along with that. My personal sense of humour is tickled mostly by ludicrousness, even when it's satire. Just pure observational stuff, well it's laaazy comedy sluuuts intit?

Hmm....brainwave...could I get away with a Politics dissertation purely about satire...surely not something I actually would enjoy being something that's worthwhile, not in real life.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Iannucci says people should just ignore the guidelines.

Question is, how many of today's producers have the balls?

fbb bastard

i actually think there is a lot more worrying things regarding bbc comedy then simple red tape....mmmmmm for instance

http://media.guardian.co.uk/mediaguardian/story/0,7558,1164185,00.html

how did this women become so damn powerful?....she doesnt even know what decade some of the beebs most successful programmes where made?

davina brent?

Jemble Fred

Yes, I read that last night. Isn't it the single most boring, unthinkably crass and inaccurate pile of shit you've ever read? Apart from the content just being predictably empty of any real insight, it's just technically so badly written. It almost reads like a spoof.

For god's sake sack the woman now - PLEASE!