Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:43:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2006 LPs...

Started by Ciarán2, January 07, 2006, 05:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purlieu

Quote from: "splattermac"Coil
Oooooooh, there's another.
Ta for the link. Don't actually do any pre-release listening, downloading et cetera, though. I'm one of those purist-types who has to listen to it first time with the art and stuff. :)

imitationleather

Quote from: "Ciarán"Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Good call on this one, I gave them a listen after your post because their name intrigued me. I really liked what I heard and I've been playing them on my iPod all day.

Oh 2006 LPs thread, where would be without you?

Also, I'm currently enjoying Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti 5: House Arrest. It sounds just like the music that's always playing in my head when I'm coming home on a nightbus and feel a bit ill. Superb.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

There's a new Backini album - re:creation but it doesn't have great reviews. I've only just got it though so can't offer my opinion yet.

rjd2

Quote from: "Ciarán"

,Broken Social Scene .

Really they have something out now?

hulahoops

Quote from: "rjd2"
Quote from: "Ciarán"

,Broken Social Scene .

Really they have something out now?

Released 23-01-2006 in the UK, according to HMV.

Lee

OK, I'm sorry, but...

I really like the Arctic Monkeys album.

I'm really sorry. It goes against everything I stand for. But it's great! Good hard British rock and roll music. Great stuff.

purlieu

No no no. They nicked some riffs even Franz Ferdinand found too annoying and shouted over them for forty minutes.

Maximash

They annoy me but I don't think they're too bad. Still too ordinary and MOR for me to listen to but they're a damn sight better than any other pop rock 15-minutes-of-fame band going at the moment.

Sid8800

The mogwai album's pretty dissapointing, it the first time they've gone over old ground again.
From the tracks i've heard the new flaming lips album does sound great, i'm starting to think soft bulletin and ego tripping ep was a fluke.
Pretty girls make graves new album's also very dissappointing, they've replaced the furious energy with, well nothing.
Delays new album is cool, even if it has a gay disco vibe, probably not as good as seaside glamour, but still a lot of good songs.
Panic! at the disco's is my fave album of the year so far, as long as you ignore the pretenoius song titles.

mayer

Luke Haines - Off My Rocker At The Art School Bop

Coming out in April.

imitationleather

Tiga - Sexor is very good if you like that sort of thing.

It's like being in 2002 again!

Neil

Rob Crow has another new record out already, it's called "They Mean Us."  This outfit is called The Ladies, and he's working with Zach Hill from Hella, so it's quite noisy.  It sounds pretty good, haven't heard it enough times to know how good yet, though.

rjd2

You could d o a lot worse than checking out Beth Orton's new album, its absolutely fantastic.

Schopenhauer's Sister

Highly recommended...Seth Lakeman's 'Kitty Jay'

http://sethlakeman.internet-today.co.uk/

splattermac

First single off the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs LP.
"Gold Lion"
http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=14I7B5573BB4O1E4MON0AJITUS

After about ten plays it's turned into the type of song that might accompany a jeans commercial.

Also her voice reminds me of Canuck indiepopsters Tegan and Sara but I'm not admitting to knowing who they are so...

C'mon the treble y , get some UK tour dates announced :)

Sounds great, different to their previous material but still recognisably the same band. I like!

Peking O

It's Queen's "We Will Rock You" isn't it?

Seriously dire. Even worse than the last shower of shite they released. Bye Karen, the dumper beckons.

Morgan

I wholeheartedly recommend Robert Pollard's brand spanking new 'From A Compound Eye' - it's his first proper album since breaking up Guided By Voices, even though he managed to churn out about eleven or twelve releases anyway last year.  Unlike previous solo projects, however, nearly every track's a gem, as opposed to there being five or six classics surrounded by half thought out wank.

Neil

Brill news, supposedly a new Circulatory System record coming out this year :-D  Joy!

rjd2

Wow Immortal Technique is back and he is even angrier than before! Religion, politics rap food and racism are all targets and yes its supremely entertaining and more intelligent than the majority of the junk that passes for underground rap but it lacks a truly remarkable track like Dance With the devil to deem it a classic. The new Graham Coxon which is obviously much different to Immortal has leaked and I like what I hear on my first listen.

RHX

Quote from: "rjd2"Wow Immortal Technique is back and he is even angrier than before! Religion, politics rap food and racism are all targets and yes its supremely entertaining and more intelligent than the majority of the junk that passes for underground rap but it lacks a truly remarkable track like Dance With the devil to deem it a classic.

Wait, you mean The Middle Passage is out now? Holy shit! Thanks for the info! Been waiting for this for months!

Edit: no wait, it's just a mixtape... either way, thanks for the info anyway :)

rjd2

Yeah I was a little curious about why I had heard some of them before it should properly link any day now though! Also the new Dilated Peoples album is out in less than 2 weeks.

Tits McGee

Quote from: "Neil"Brill news, supposedly a new Circulatory System record coming out this year :-D  Joy!

as Rik from the Young Ones might say:
A new circulatory system...? WTF! as if anyones ever been interested in a single fucking word you've ever said NIIIIEEELLLLL!! you fucking hippy fascist!

LadyDay

News and Tributes - Futureheads, due out in May. Can't wait.

Daft Punk are returning to the live stage at Coachella (they've not played a live set since the Daftendirekttour in 97 which made their name). Apparently (according to their mate/label boss on a french forum I visit), Human After All was a contractual obligation thing and they've been working on a very special project for ages. Maybe...just maybe...we'll see a proper new album from them this year!

The fact is, there's not much material from Discovery that they can play live (i.e. in a club environment with drum machines, DATs, etc.). Human After All contains about three or four tracks suitable for a club, so what the fuck else are they going to play? Homework all over again? I'd go, but hopefully it's some new Homework-style stuff.

[Spinal Scratch]

Peking O

I'm going to Coachella, so I'll let you know.

Sadness

In a blatant piece of self-promotion my latest album "JOLLITY" (by PUGWASH) is finally getting it's UK release on May 6th 2006. Plenty of promo so you never know..........

Sid8800

Flaming lips: At war with the mystics is yet another disappointing album from '06, whats going on?