Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Thread About Threads.

Started by TraceyQ, January 18, 2006, 12:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

I think unless you go for Black Spot or whatever they're called, or you wear stuff from hippy catalogues* you'll have a hard time finding something that hasn't been sullied by the evil capitalist hand of exploitation.

I would be happy if someone could refute this and veer me towards a suitable manufacturer.

* They're not as fucking green as they like to think they are either, the cunts.

Des Nilsen

I was wondering if tartan drainpipes covered in zips and stuff would work. I generally don't fuss too much over what works and what doesn't. Something new is always worth a go. But I'm not sure if I could get away with Tartan. Useless me asking that specific a question here but... well. I'm interested to know what people make of 'em.

I think they'd go well with my big red converses, which generally make anything else garish go quite nicely.

-

Does anyone know of a decent website where I could buy a satchel?  It needs to be able to hold a DS, PSP and a decent sized paperback book.  I am absolutely hopeless at searching on the internet.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "aaaaaaaaaargh!"Does anyone know of a decent website where I could buy a satchel?  It needs to be able to hold a DS, PSP and a decent sized paperback book.  I am absolutely hopeless at searching on the internet.

DS - pocket, PSP - other pocket, book - hand, which leaves one hand for pointing, stroking a cat or waving at people you sort of know.

Deadman97

Quote from: "aaaaaaaaaargh!"It needs to be able to hold a DS, PSP and a decent sized paperback book.
Because you need those on you at all times, do you? Fucking posing cunt.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"I was wondering if tartan drainpipes covered in zips and stuff would work. I generally don't fuss too much over what works and what doesn't. Something new is always worth a go. But I'm not sure if I could get away with Tartan. Useless me asking that specific a question here but... well. I'm interested to know what people make of 'em.

I think they'd go well with my big red converses, which generally make anything else garish go quite nicely.

-

Do it.

Don't forget to carry 2 litres of Woodpecker around with you, sets it off a treat.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

BIG BUMP!!

I need a new winter coat. I know what I want - 3/4 length, dark chocolate brown, duffel style, but without toggles, with a hood.

Anyone know where to find one?!

My mate Duffy's got one just like that. His grandad gave it him, he reckons it saw him through the first world war. You want it?

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 28, 2007, 12:03:05 PM
My mate Duffy's got one just like that. His grandad gave it him, he reckons it saw him through the first world war. You want it?

Yes please.

mitzidog

Hurray - it's nearly winter coat time.

I've got a really smart black wool winter coat that I stole from someone who left a houseshare three years back and took 6 months of chasing to pay the bills.

trouble is it's in the loft and it's cold already. Thank fish it's the weekend tomorrow.

buttgammon

I really want a new coat too. Something stylish but subtle - has anyone here who's got more fashion sense than me got any ideas? I have no dress sense at all and always need a bit of help when looking for new clothes. I find clothes shops that are too self-consciously 'cool' a bit intimidating but I don't usually buy clothes online so I tend not to buy new clothes a great deal. There was a really good shop near me that I was comfortable with and I got a lot of decent clothes from there but it closed down so I'm a bit stuck really and will probably resort to looking on the internet unless I can find a decent place in Liverpool or maybe Manchester.

biggytitbo

Quote from: buttgammon on September 28, 2007, 05:13:21 PM
I really want a new coat too. Something stylish but subtle - has anyone here who's got more fashion sense than me got any ideas? I have no dress sense at all and always need a bit of help when looking for new clothes. I find clothes shops that are too self-consciously 'cool' a bit intimidating but I don't usually buy clothes online so I tend not to buy new clothes a great deal. There was a really good shop near me that I was comfortable with and I got a lot of decent clothes from there but it closed down so I'm a bit stuck really and will probably resort to looking on the internet unless I can find a decent place in Liverpool or maybe Manchester.

God I hate shopping too. I usualy wear stuff until they're just rags so as to avoid buying clothes. Whenever I attempt it, I go around the 3 same shops I'm remotely comfortable going in, but still usualy end up buying nothing and getting in a really bad mood. On the rare occasions I do buy something it looks absolutly shit when I get it home. I'd buy all my stuff on the internet If I could guarntee getting the right size first time without lots of farting about sending stuff back.

buttgammon

That's the main reason I don't get clothes off the internet - in case it doesn't fit because I hate having to send things back.

Captain Crunch

Have you considered getting a donkey jacket?  Very warm and sets off a nice set of shoulders a treat.

buttgammon

Me? Well, I'd give one a try but I'm not sure if it would suit me. I suppose there's only one way to find out...

FIGHT!

With someone who is roughly the same size as me and is wearing a donkey jacket. Win the fight while being careful to avoid damaging the jacket and then try it on while looking ina  mirror to see how it looks.

But back to the clothes shopping thing and it's quite annoying because I've never had particularly trendy friends, but I've made one at college lately who's really cool. But I'm embarrassed about asking her what would suit me because I don't want to give off the impression that I'm a bit clueless with fashion which is the truth so although it would be handy to take her clothes shopping with me it just wouldn't work.

They really should do a TV programme which aims to take someone and make them more stylish, only one aimed more at men. That would be handy to watch to get tips.

Captain Crunch

You could just fudge the whole issue by getting a very plain coat, like a ¾ length light duffle in deep grey, and tarting yourself up with other more disposable pieces like t-shirts or silly hats.

buttgammon

I don't want anything too outlandish so that sounds like a good idea to me. But very few coats suit me anyway.

Deadman97

*NARCISSO-BUMP*

That "t-shirts" thread got me gagging to show off what arrived for me in the post today-

It's ace, and it looks ace on and all.

EDIT: ooh, why's this in Picture Box?

Captain Crunch

Lovely.  Is that a thing on the side of the sleeve or just the light?  Things on sleeves are pretty cool.

Deadman97

Quote from: Captain Crunch on April 08, 2008, 02:36:56 PM
Lovely.  Is that a thing on the side of the sleeve or just the light?  Things on sleeves are pretty cool.

Yup, things on sleeves FTW:

Captain Crunch

Coincidentally, I decided to buy one of those 'bullet' bras after watching Batman at the weekend.  I somehow doubt the results will be this spectacular but it's a start a least:

Deadman97

(flips coin, heads I say it, tails I don't)

PICS PLZ

Lock this thread, start a new one. Big bumps are stupid.

terminallyrelaxed

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Why is it trousers always seem to cost more than shirts? I went clothes shopping for the first time in years the other day and the trousers were all at least double what shirts cost.

The Plaque Goblin

It's because it is illegal to go around with no trousers on.