Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:33:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

£125,000,000

Started by Lee, January 21, 2006, 09:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

That is the amount of money you could win in the EuroMillions draw on Friday.

Think about that.

One hundred and twenty five million quid.

Even I'm gonna spend £1.50 for a chance of winning that. So, supposing you actually won the prize. What the hell would you do with it? Well, apart from putting it in the bank and earning roughly £10000 interest every day of course. What would you do once you'd bought absolutely everything and anything you could ever want in life? Because I'm sure no man, woman or child could ever spend that amount of money on themselves, or even themselves and their family (close and distant, natch).

How would you use that kind of money over the course of the rest of your life?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'd do the selfish thing and give 99% of it to charity and the rest to give myself a comfortable lifestyle. Of course I'm not going to enter it, so I won't win. And neither will anyone who does enter it, apart from perhaps one unbelievably fortunate twat.

Don't tell me you couldn't possibly spend 100 million qud on yourself! I bloody could.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Go to Las Vegas and make lots of friends.

Frinky

Bank > Interest > Spend my days laughing and wanking into empty champagne bottles

chand

I wonder about the people who don't bother entering when it's only like, £15million, and suddenly go into a frenzy when it gets to £100million.

Maximash

I'd do an Amelie, look around for people in dire need of a financial boost and make their dreams come true. But I wouldn't advertise my wealth, keep on the downlow. I'd still have to give the majority of it away initially, nobody in the world deserves to keep that much cash to themselves.

Alberon

Jaffit

Quote from: "chand"I wonder about the people who don't bother entering when it's only like, £15million, and suddenly go into a frenzy when it gets to £100million.

My sentiments exactly.

'The higher it gos the more chance i have of winning! GIve me another 50 tickets please mr shopkeeper!'

Hypnotoad.

mook

I still haven't spent the last lot.

Daaaaaaan

I remember my mum bought my a lottery ticket when it first started and I was sat in front of the television, wide eyed and open mouthed and I really believed I was going to win.

Buy somewhere for Rob and I to live, it's all I want.

Deadman97

I'd pay to get the Thames deepened and widened.

Pinball

Quote from: "Homer J"Tax on the stupid
George Bernard Shaw. And I agree completely.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well someone was going to do it:

Lee

Hm... I'm thinking about it, and I was wondering - could you actually buy a country for £100,000,000? Even a really crappy one would do.

Tre

Hmmm. My school have just started up a sindicate for this - unfortunately I didn't get my arse in gear quick enough and they have closed it... knowing my luck they will win it all next week and I'll be left pennyless and running the place.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I am utterly convinced that it wouldn't lead to my happiness unless I spent very little of it on myself.

There was an interesting thing in the paper today about a woman who won £1.5m on the lottery and is still keeping it secret from everyone - including her husband and family. Here it is. I find that to be a nice idea but I couldn't do it until I had given a lot of it away.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You can buy a mini-country in the artificial sand-world in Dubai.

I doubt you could buy a country though. You might be able to sponsor one f you're a company. That'd be good!

British Petroleum Lesotho, Hewlett Packard Uzbekistan, McDonalds Bhutan. They've taken the football clubs, It's only a matter of time before they take our countries and we're O2 United Kingdom.

Pinball

As corporations get bigger it seems only a matter of time. The world's first privatised country? The poorest is Mozambique I think. That'd be a start...

KFC-M.com - Feed the World

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There are actually towns and cities that have sponsors aren't they? I'm sure it'll be a while before business manages to get themselves on the Collins Map of the World, but it's an enticing prospect. Head along to their offices with 100M pounds and a cheeky grin and I'm sure you'll get what you want.

100 million pounds just isn't enough to carry out your average country privatisation job though these days...billions are what it's all about. Where's our first billionaire lottery winner coming from.

slim

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"I won't win. And neither will anyone who does enter it, apart from perhaps one unbelievably fortunate twat.
Do you bother with thinking, or do your manic fingers just smash at the keys until shit forms before your eyes?

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Buy somewhere for Rob and I to live, it's all I want.
Quite. Some land, then spend some time thinking about how to help out others with the rest.

Quote from: "Lee"Hm... I'm thinking about it, and I was wondering - could you actually buy a country for £100,000,000? Even a really crappy one would do.
100 million wouldn't even buy you a town. Or some streets. Or my love.

Edit: ----> Best post count of mine I've noticed yet. 7777. It's like a fruit machine win! The gods want me to buy a lotto ticket!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What the hell's wrong with that?

Rev

Well, you pretty much said 'nobody will win it apart from whoever wins it'.

Me, I'd buy an army.  Weapons, vehicles, uniforms, the whole works.  Wouldn't do anything with it.  I'd just have an army.

Frinky

I'd be the first man on earth to choose to not go to the moon

slim

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"What the hell's wrong with that?
Assumption 1: You won't win (this is correct as you've stated you won't enter, I only included it so the quote had some context).

Assumption 2: No-one who enters it will win.

Assumption 3: One person, an "unbelievably fortunate twat" apparently, will win.

Not only do assumptions 2 and 3 contradict each other, but you're also assuming if there were winners, despite no-one winning, that it'd be a single person.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I was making the point that we won't win so it's not worth bothering with which is a popular enough opinion, no less than George Bernard Shaw's quote which (rightly) is trotted out everytime there's a discussion on the lottery.

Plus I've made plenty of decent points today and it pisses me off that I'm being picked up on just for an excuse to slag me off. I'm sure slim wouldn't like it if I checked all his posts and then whenever he said something I could attack used it as an opportunity to highlight what a shit poster he was.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteAssumption 2: No-one who enters it will win.

Ok...99.99999999% of people won't win.

I suppose for you, Dettol doesn't kill all germs.

slim

Blah blah blah. You talk a lot of shit more often than I do, and people obviously either don't spot mine, or I'm better at hiding it, or they don't care.

Whereas most times I don't skip over your posts, there's glaring inaccuracies or a combination of ignorance and arrogance which irritate me to the point of wanting to point it out to you.

Ignore me, if you like. I wish I could consistently do the same to you.

Frinky

I'd buy my own railway, and the rest of you could fuck off. Yeah.