Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

£125,000,000

Started by Lee, January 21, 2006, 09:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

You wouldn't give me any even if I did believe you!

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "falafel"Tokyo:  I think about a fiver. I got the same.

Not bad, I guess.

Well only if I hadn't spent £7.50 on tickets, it would be!

weekender

Quote from: "imitationleather"You wouldn't give me any even if I did believe you!

Fair point.  I'd buy you a toy yacht though, just to really rub it in.

slim

Ambient Sheep

Damn, this was today?  I'd never done it before, but after all you lot enthusing about it, I was going to be stupid and give it a go.

Ah well.  There's always next week if nobody's won a huge amount.

weirdbeard

I got two numbers and a bonus ball which means I've won about 6 quid.  Not exactly £125 million but then again, what is?

imitationleather

Apparently three people in the UK got all the numbers. Bah, no one's winning £125,000,000 afterall!

weirdbeard

Quote from: "weekender"£124 million?

Wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676172.stm

QuoteThree winners have won the EuroMillions lottery, sharing the £126m jackpot, UK National Lottery firm Camelot has said.
One ticket was bought in Portugal and the other two in France. The winning numbers were 9, 21, 30, 39 and 50, and the Lucky Star numbers were 1 and 3.

Some 1.4m UK ticketholders won prizes ranging ranging from £179,829 to £7.10.

Camelot, which runs the competition with operators in eight other countries, said sales had gone up by "1200% on a normal week".

The draw, which had rolled over for the past 11 weeks, had been estimated as £125m but Camelot said "exchange rate fluctuations" and the final calculations of ticket sales meant the jackpot came to £126m.

Hoozah, I win £7.10.

Leila

Not a single fucking number! Gah, that is two euro down the drain.

And I was going to give about 50 million to MSF had I won.

imitationleather

Oh, the three weren't in the UK then. Bloody Europe, taking my £1.50!

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "weirdbeard"
Hoozah, I win £7.10.

Hoozah, I lose 40p!

Lt Plonker

Fuck it. We had a syndicate in our studio. We had 60+ people, including tutors, whack in some money and we won fucking 50p each.

It'll buy me a Kinder Egg I suppose.

Alberon

Didn't win a thing. Out of about four lines the family had between us about one number turned up.

Ah well, it's back to a £10,000,000 jackpot next week. Not worth bothering about.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4730028.stm

Are you an American who is £365 million richer?

A million to spend for every day of the year!...For a year. Now that is football club-owning money.

TraceyQ

How much would I have to pay to shut you up?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It could be arranged.

TraceyQ

I don't understand your reply.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: "TraceyQ"I don't understand your reply.

'Pay me money and I'll go'?

TraceyQ

Here's 10p. Fuck off.

Purple Tentacle

TraceyQ

You suddenly found a bit of compassion, Mr. Everybody-Is-A-Cunt?

weekender

Yes, but I don't see what that's got to do with anything.

TraceyQ

Purple Tentacle

Everybody may or may not be a cunt, but the tiresome school-bullying of Everybody's Favourite Punchbag™ is getting quite unpleasent. He can stick up for himself far more than I could be bothered to do if I was on the recieving end of so much vitriol, so I'm not going to wade in on his behalf, but if one's going to be a cunt to someone at least wait until they've actually said something twatty.

TraceyQ

Aww. But... but... he gets on my nerves.

slim

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Everybody may or may not be a cunt, but the tiresome school-bullying of Everybody's Favourite Punchbag™ is getting quite unpleasent.
Haven't you wondered why he attracts such vitriol though? No-one else manages to annoy so many people so often.

Bogey

I must say, I do admire his resilience.

But then I've never really "got" the idea that somehow the medium of the internet allows people who would otherwise be shy and retiring or whatever, to air their views with nary a thought for the repercussions in some kind of e-personality-reversal. Alright I'm probably slightly less shy on here than in the proper world, but this is only because I have time to compose my thoughts and so on. Maybe if I posted to a messageboard full of twats I might be more of one, but why would I waste my time doing something like that?

If someone were to insult me on here, I'd feel insutled, if someone points out I'm being a twat, I take that on board, and so on. Just like in "real life". The "keyboard hero" idea, amusing as it is, just baffles me. I have as much respect in principle for the corporeal humans who make up this site than I do for the rest of the corporeal humans who make up my life: ie. I treat them as humans. It just seems odd to do otherwise.

Perhaps it makes a difference if you have a policy of never going to meets, I dunno. Hm, having said that, in my case I'm sure I make more of a knob of myself in the pub with you lot than I ever do on here.