Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:43:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

£125,000,000

Started by Lee, January 21, 2006, 09:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

I'd get a flight from Sydney to LA!

Jaffit

I was discussing the probability of winning the euromillions lottery with a friend the other day.

The odds of winning are 76 million to one right. The jackpot is 100 million. So surely if you had 76 million to spend you could buy every single combination of numbers, guaranteeing you win the jackpot and scooping a tidy 14 million pound profit.

Any budding mathmeticians care to highlight any flaws in my fiendish plan?

mayer

butnut

Also, it would take far too long to buy 76 million numbers. If you bought 2 a second, for 24 hours a day, it would still take 439.8 days to buy them all according to my possibly faulty maths.

Jaffit

Yeah i thought about that but there havent been any jackpot winners at all since november and the number of tickets bought reached record levels this week.

Plus im not taking into account all the smaller prizes youd win for getting say 5 numbers plus 2 lucky stars (which works out around £300,000 a pop). You would have every single combination covered remember so you would win EVERY smaller prize possible.

Jaffit

Quote from: "butnut"Also, it would take far too long to buy 76 million numbers. If you bought 2 a second, for 24 hours a day, it would still take 439.8 days to buy them all according to my possibly faulty maths.

You could hire some tramps or something to sit 24 hours a day at lottery outlets and pay them in used fag ends and half cans of tennants super. Ive got that boxed off.

butnut

How would you ensure that the tramps never bought the same ticket across the country? Would you give each one his/her own particular combination of numbers to buy? That level of organisation would take years and years to set up, by which point half of your well trained tramps could be dead.

TraceyQ

If any of you lot win it, will you pay off my credit cards and my overdraft, please?

Go With The Flow

I'd fund some decent television and films in Britain.

And do stuff like get a homeless man a haircut/wash etc, and then dress him up in a pimp suit.

TraceyQ

Frinky

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"Frinky, I think you're underestimating severely the amount of money railways cost these days.

I think you're underestimating the power of the blackmail!

CHOO CHOO

butnut

I now picture Frinky as that guy who lives in luxury on his train in 'Once Upon A Time in The West.' I just hope Frinky doesn't suffer the same fate as that man.

TraceyQ

Such a child. Why can't you spend it on grown up things like high heeled shoes that go clack on the floor, a hat with a feather and chocolate fountain?

Jaffit

Quote from: "butnut"How would you ensure that the tramps never bought the same ticket across the country? Would you give each one his/her own particular combination of numbers to buy? That level of organisation would take years and years to set up, by which point half of your well trained tramps could be dead.

Im sure theres a supercomputer somewhere capable of assigning each tramp with a set of numbers and it wouldnt take longer than a day.

Or considering you can buy tickets online, why not set up network of computers that sits there buying tickets all day?

Im about to go and order a snazzy new helicopter as we speak...

Frinky

My train has gullwing doors, and in each carriage, there is a young debutante, each one posher than the last.

TraceyQ

All in-bred, like? Chuh. You wont be laughing when that plum in their mouth turns into a PLUM FOR A HEAD.

Frinky

You wish you were a home counties hussy, with a pair of shoes to match every pony. Jimmy Choo shoes.

CHOO CHOO

TraceyQ

Like I wish I had the pox.

Frinky

butnut

Quote from: "Jaffit"
Quote from: "butnut"Im sure theres a supercomputer somewhere capable of assigning each tramp with a set of numbers and it wouldnt take longer than a day.

Or considering you can buy tickets online, why not set up network of computers that sits there buying tickets all day?

Im about to go and order a snazzy new helicopter as we speak...[/quote

I reckon they would be able to detect such a sudden mass buying of tickets and put a stop to your fun.

Is it illegal to buy ALL the combination of numbers in a lottery? I'm sure I remember them talking about this when the lottery first appeared here.

Frinky

TraceyQ

It looks rubbish when you edit it afterwards, you know? Everyone thinks "Oh, look at Mr. Afterthought over there, not as funny as he thinks, is he? I'll bet he has pretend arguments in the mirror, thinking ' I Wish I'd said that, people would think I was so cool and probably make me King'," but really, really we all laugh at choo.

Frinky

Actually, I'd enter into the Barrett-Jackson auction and I'd buy this and this.

TraceyQ

Much more like it. Can I be Una Stubbs?

Frinky

TraceyQ

Will you pass your driving test before or after you buy these?

Lee

According to The Times' Rich List 2005, £100,000,000 would make you the 384th richest person in the country. I think that might be enough of an achievement for me.

Doctor Stamen

I'd buy a 1970 Dodge Challenger and a bird of prey.  Probably a falcon or something.

Frinky

Quote from: "Doctor Stamen"bird of prey

Good call.

I'd buy a 1974 Ford Falcon and dodge tax