Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:06:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening too right now? (As in right this second)

Started by TOCMFIC, January 22, 2006, 09:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOCMFIC

People often post generally what they're listening too, but I want to know what, if anything, you are listening to RIGHT NOW! THIS VERY SECOND!

For me it's Stan Ridgway's "Can't Complain".

Which, if I'd typed slower, would have had time to reach "Goin' Southbound", which just started.

didgeripoo

Hood - Boer Farmstead off've Rustic Houses Forlorn Valleys. It's just come on my neighbour radio on Last.fm. Is quite nice.

wheatgod

Dylan and Cash - Nashville Sessions - Mountain Dew

just downloaded this album, giving it a listen. dream team or car crash? yet to decide.

boki

Luke Vibert - Analord (AFX nicked the name from his old mate)

...and in a bit I'm off to Richer Sounds to see if I can afford an at least halfway decent turntable and to get some cheap speakers, 'cos I can't stands no more of this knackered setup

lankinpark

Jethro Tull - Stormwatch.

I'm at that point in Tull listening where the great stuff bores me and the mediocre becomes interesting.

chand

Enough Rope - 'Endless Footprints Leading To And From The Source'
Disappointingly, that's one of my own songs, which makes me look a bit self-involved, but I just recorded it yesterday so I'm seeing if I need to fix it. I'm about to to stick the Nine Horses album 'Snow Borne Sorrow' on though.

butnut

Kitson's Resonance FM show.

There's a thing called audioscrobbler / last.fm that can do the work of this thread for you.

boki

Quote from: "butnut"Kitson's Resonance FM show.

There's a thing called audioscrobbler / last.fm that can do the work of this thread for you.

Only if you're playing it on your computer, mind.  It didn't know what was on my turntable.

Custard

Audio Bullys' rather spiffing "Generation" album.

On "Bring Light" at ze minute.

Nuts 'n Gum

The Sundays-Skin and Bones

i hate these kind of threads, they always take up board space tehehe.

surreal

Right now I'm streaming Groove Salad from SomaFM.com, and they're playing Faithless / Bent - I Love My Man

Rubbish Monkey

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Maximash

I'm about to put on Tim Hecker's Mirages and slither into the bath.

jimmy jazz

micanio

Daaaaaaan

The Smiths-What She Said

(Un-be-fucking-lievable song. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are the greatest band ever)

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Suttonpubcrawl

I'm currently listening to a GCSE German listening exam tape from 1992.

Songs of Praise, from downstairs which Mrs Pike is half-heartedly swearing at, but clearly isn't  quite bothered enough to change channel.
Edit: Oh she's just started a VHS of the Christmas Doctor Who.

TOCMFIC

So Doctor Who theme rather than Songs of Praise.

I've got a streaming MP3 server running on my workhorse machine here and just connect to that when I want some music. Always wanted a server like that, and finally found a decent, simple free one recently. Now I don't have to clutter my laptop with MP3's.

Point I'm making: No fancy little Utils will be able to discern what I'm listening too, so manual posting only.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Ciarán2

"Words" by Doves from "The Last Broadcast" on my iPod as I type.

TOCMFIC

This service that lists what you're listening to is probably just an RIAA evidence gathering machine.

chand

Spiteface

Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm (live on the Word, 1993)

Odd hearing it done in a full-on rock style the first time you hear it, no worse for it though.