Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening too right now? (As in right this second)

Started by TOCMFIC, January 22, 2006, 09:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Plunger

Quote from: "Ciarán""Words" by Doves from "The Last Broadcast" on my iPod as I type.

Great song. Never fails to get me doing my sub-Ian Brown/Mark Morriss shuffle at any time.

The Plunger

Oh, and mine is :

Belle & Sebastian - To be Myself Completely

chand

Mogwai - 'Mogwai Fear Satan'

Probably my favourite thing in the world ever.

Duffy

Mike Hart - "Almost Liverpool 8"

A forgotten classic from the Dandelion label I heard from the first time today. From the spiffingly-titled album "Mike Hart Bleeds", which on the evidence of that stunning track I must try and track down. A good sad song wins every time for me. I'll try and upload it for the SDJ thread when I get chance.

Previous to that I recently rediscovered Magazine's "Real Life" on an old C-90 of mine. I'd forgotten how great that album is; only having it on vinyl means I've not heard it for ages. Still reckon "The Light Pours Out of Me" borrows a bit too heavily from Gary Glitter for comfort, though.

jimmy jazz

Ciarán2

"Krafty" by New Order from "Singles". I like it, actualloi....

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shit! Me too. It's really good isn't it?

If any lazies are out there the chords are D, G,A. how lovely of New Order to keep it simple like that.

Sz2 by Battles. Really rather Jolly in a cerebral kind of way.

Would love to see them live.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Blockheads by Ian Dury and The Blockheads.

They were great.

Edit: the track changed just as I clicked 'Submit'. Now it's Plaistow Patricia, which has probably the best intro ever.

hulahoops

Subterraneans, Low Symphony - Philip Glass (& Bowie/Eno)

Hornet

At Least That's What You Said - Wilco from the Kicking Television live album - sublime

Pilf

Got the mad love for Clearlake's new album at the moment:

slim

Hugo - Je Livre Des Moustiques

(Courtesy of that weird dutch cd playing site splattermac linked to elsewhere).

It's very nice indeed, this LP.

butnut

Ciarán2

iPod shuffling, last ten tracks were...

"Baby Love Child" Pizzicato 5 (from "Five By Five" EP, 1994)
"Hampstead Incident (demo)" Donovan (from "Mellow Yellow" LP, 1967)
"Antarctica Starts Here" John Cale (from "Paris 1919" LP, 1973)
"You Trip Me Up" Jesus and May Chain (from "Psychocandy" LP, 1986)
"Jerkin' Back and Forth" Devo (from "New Traditionalists" LP, 1981)
"Crystal" New Order (from "Singles" compilation, 2001)
"Astral Weeks" Van Morrison (from "Astral Weeks" LP, 1968)
"I'm Your Villain" Franz Ferdinand (from "You Could Have It So Much Better" LP, 2005)
"Flesh and Blood" Roxy Music (from "Flesh and Blood" LP, 1980)
"On Repeat" LCD Soundsytem (from "LCD Soundsystem" LP, 2005)

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Ditto Ipod shuffling.

Rancid - The 11th Hour
Small Brown Bike - More or Less
Kanye West - I'll Fly Away
Bloc Party - Luno
Shai Hulud - Eating Bullets of Acceptance
Small Brown Bike - Sleeping Weather
Misery Signals - Lie Captive
Hum - Little Dipper
Idlewild - Out of Routine
Small Brown Bike - Like a Future With No Friend

lankinpark

"Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden. "Fear is the Key" if you want the exact song.

Quote from: "I"I'm at that point in Tull listening where the great stuff bores me and the mediocre becomes interesting.

Ditto for Maiden.

chand

King Geedorah feat. Biolante - 'Fastlane'

Someone next to me on the tram was listening to this today, I was amazed there are real people out there who listen to MF Doom on the tram other than me.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

imitationleather

chand

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"Why? He's not that obscure of an artist.

I know, in alternative terms he's big, but I was still surprised.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BUNZ24/qid=1138156744/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-2585818-9257446?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

This CD is the dogs bollocks- especially Edelgrun by The Orb that I'm listening to now!

Cologne is the place to be for ambient music at the moment.

purlieu

Lee

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

lazyhour

John Fahey - Sunflower River Blues

Fantastic ole-timey acoustic guitar pluckin' from dead solo guitar blues & experimental hero.  Anyone who digs Jim O'Rourke's melodic moments would be doing themselves a grievous disservice if they didn't explore the work of John Fahey.  And vice-versa, really.

(Can I be provocative and say that posts in this thread are utterly pointless and slightly irritating if they just contain artist and song title, and nothing else?  Thanks!)

purlieu

Ah, John Fahey is lovely. I need to get a CD or three of his instead of just a few mp3s.

Orbital - Nothing Left 2
I'm having a bit of an Orbital day for some reason. Woke up, put Green on and have been working my way through the albums since.

Hornet

Quote from: "lazyhour"
(Can I be provocative and say that posts in this thread are utterly pointless and slightly irritating if they just contain artist and song title, and nothing else?  Thanks!)

Yes

Spiteface

Ramones - Durango 95/Teenage Lobotomy (live in Argentina 1996)

Apparently Dee Dee was supposed to guest with them at above gig, but it never happened.  Been getting back into these in a major way this week.

Anyway I was watching "End ofthe Century" with the commentary on, and when talking about the 90's and the CJ-era, Danny Baker ans Charles Shaar Murray were whining about how they were too fast.  I fucking ask you!  No such thing!