Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening too right now? (As in right this second)

Started by TOCMFIC, January 22, 2006, 09:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkhouse terror

Quote from: "lazyhour"(Can I be provocative and say that posts in this thread are utterly pointless and slightly irritating if they just contain artist and song title, and nothing else?  Thanks!)
MANTRONIX - NEEDLE TO THE GROOVE

Edit: what do you mean you aren't interested in it on the basis of me posting the artist and title alone. Crazy talk.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Ministry - Psalm 69.

the fathers who write that eternity
is used to fight the sword
have filled you up with the devil's cock
and he'll come in the name of the lord

Amen!

chand

Lift To Experience - 'These Are The Days'

Sometimes I forget how fucking immense 'The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads' is, it's a wonderful thing indeed. I hope Josh Pearson finally gets round to putting an album out, he disappeared for a while but is back gigging now. Actually there's an article about it here, two albums are coming out.

lazyhour

monkhouse terror, you are a such a wag!  I might bust out some Ya Kid K and rap about you over it.

Neil

Quote from: "lazyhour"Fantastic ole-timey acoustic guitar pluckin' from dead solo guitar blues & experimental hero.  Anyone who digs Jim O'Rourke's melodic moments would be doing themselves a grievous disservice if they didn't explore the work of John Fahey.  And vice-versa, really.

That's queer, I spent hours last night trying to burn John Fahey stuff for Barney Sloane.  And most of that time swearing as the discs kept failing the verify.

Quote(Can I be provocative and say that posts in this thread are utterly pointless and slightly irritating if they just contain artist and song title, and nothing else?  Thanks!)

Course you can!

EDIT: Oh right, beaten to it.

dan dirty ape

I've come home slightly merry after a work pissup and have bunged on 'Hope' by Non Prophets. Can't beat a bit of Sage once in a while.

"I've been patient/I've been a mental patient/I've been a parental replacement for kids sent to the basement"

TOCMFIC

I'm with Lazyhour. Merely posting title and artist is a cop out.

I'm listening to the sound of my wife bitching right now...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lose Me On The Way by Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star singer) and The Warm Inventions. Absolutely mesmerisingly dreamy track.

Neville Chamberlain

Roxy Music - Street Life

And d'you wanna know why I'm listening to it? Cos it's great, that's why. Happy now???

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"I've come home slightly merry after a work pissup and have bunged on 'Hope' by Non Prophets. Can't beat a bit of Sage once in a while.

"I've been patient/I've been a mental patient/I've been a parental replacement for kids sent to the basement"

Yes, quality album. A Healthy Distrust was one of my favourite albums of last year.

Texas is the Reason - Back And To The Left
Just a great rocking record. One of my favourite 90's albums. All the members then went on to join slightly disappointing bands (Jets to Brazil, New Rising Sons).

Captain Crunch

Does having 'Step it Up' by the Stereo MC's in my head all day count?  And yes, I'm ready to kill.

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"Does having 'Step it Up' by the Stereo MC's in my head all day count?  And yes, I'm ready to kill.

Thanks to something I read earlier, I'm stuck with Deee-Lite's 'Groove Is In The Heart' in my head.  I like it.

Ah, yes...playing on the audioscrobbler thingy right now:  Crosby Stills & Nash -'Suite: Judy Blue Eyes'.

Jemble Fred

'Mr Blue Sky' is playing on the car radio in the vehicle being driven by the guy next to me, playing Driver 4. A good enough reason to buy the game, I'd say.

Pilf

Quote from: "chand"Sometimes I forget how fucking immense 'The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads' is, it's a wonderful thing indeed. I hope Josh Pearson finally gets round to putting an album out, he disappeared for a while but is back gigging now.

I saw him live supporting the Dirty Three and there was about 6 people there, and he was brilliant. Particularly liked 'That's the way that life goes'. It sent me back to Texas Jerusalem Crossroads and, you're right, it's a bloody amazing album.

Anyway, at the moment:

Smog - Distance (from Dongs of Sevotion)

And as we have to explain now, it's because I blow hot and cold with Smog and I felt like re-exploring some of his back catalogue. I'm in a hot phase.

lazyhour

Heh, we don't have to explain!  I just felt like giving my opinion.  I'm just some unknown Joe with a point of view, for goodness sake!

Please do what you feel most comfortable doing.

np: Momus - The Age of Information

Almost Yearly

Darts - Come Back my Love

Fucking brilliant. See this is why I listen to the radio Neil. :-)

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

It's playing on Steve Wright's Golden Oldies.. Yeah Steve, because I haven't heard this song since.. ooh, 2 hours ago when Jeremy Fucking Vine played it.

terminallyrelaxed

A bloke arguing in Vietnamese.

No, they aren't a new Hoxton band.

Captain Crunch

I've got SunnO)))'s Grim Robe Demos, mmmmmlovely.  I really do wish I could have a nice little afternoon nap now this sort of thing is not very energising.

Jemble Fred

The soundtrack to Xbox Zombie comedy game STUBBS THE ZOMBIE, finally getting a release over here. And it's mainly fucking ace – hip n groovy US acts covering fifties standards. Look. For. It.

purlieu

Shostakovich's Symphony No. 5 in D Minor. With Oasis coming from my mate's room. Not a good mix.

Joy Nktonga

Massive Attack V Mad Professor's No Protection album.
Track: I Spy (Spying Glass).

I can take or leave Massive Attack really, but I adore this album.

Neil

Dr. Dog - The ABC's.  Binging on Dr. Dog/Clap Your Hands Say Yeah for the gig tomorrow night.  Can't wait, I love Dr. Dog!  Didn't think I was gonna get to see them, everyone snapped up the CYHSY tickets in no time, but they bumped it up to a bigger venue, phew.

falafel

Erik Satie - Croquis et Agaceries d'Un Gros Bonhomme en Bois

Sovereign

zozman

Rufus Wainwright - Gay Messiah.  It's on the lovely Audioscrobbler radio thing.  I'm undecided about Mr W.  I find it hard to listen to more than one or two of his songs in a row.  It's the voice I think

chand

Pan American - 'Wing'
I just came across 'Quiet City' in my drawer, it was in a pile of CDs I'd forgotten I'd had. It's lovely though, even if it's slightly making me want to lie down, it's very ambient.

Apesod

Give It Back by the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Ooo Sitar city.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "Sovereign"Opeth - Deliverance

or the extended version of Patterns In The Ivy. Lovely stuff.