Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

how annoying is jan ravens

Started by wu be eel, March 08, 2004, 03:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wu be eel

i could put this in comedy but its more a quick moan about her and her like. impressionists are freaky enough anyway, but shes on Countdown at the moment, making a tit of herself. Showing a complete inability to read a dictionary definition without doing impressions of people. ITS REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING, as well as WEIRD and EMBARASSING. i only hope the director people told her to hype it up (darius-britney style) , otherwise that means shes always like this near a camera and thats just painful. I imagine her invited round friends houses, and doing weird exaggerated impresions of her boss and children instead of just moaning about shit pay and crap sex life like most people.

gah, just switch C4 on now and watch.

if the bitch tones it down now ill look like a right tit

gazzyk1ns

I used to enjoy watching Countdown as "something to do" when it was half an hour but it's just so boring now. You always had to have a sick bucket to hand though, in case Giles Brandreth popped up. Is 15 to 1 still on? Cerys will know, she invented it. I like watching that to see how many I can get right but the history questions are too easy, it's always Oliver Cromwell.

zozman

They scrapped 15 to 1, the scumbags.  I always thought it was tippity-top and now I'll never get a chance to go on.  They did tend to repeat a lot of the questions though....

wu be eel

well thats that done, can let this thread sink nicely now.

but yeah, it is a bit long at 45mins, you notice the adverts more and that (not that im a regular viewer etc etc). No 15 to 1 anymore im afraid, not recently anyway. Now, its all programs about buying bigger houses, 'escaping' to better holidays, polluting more countries and setting them off nicely on the cycle of decline or whatever its called. we are all middle class now.

hands cold, liver warm

Surely 15-1hasn't gone forever. It was one of my favourite shows for fucks sake. I just assumed that it was taking a break whilst that christ awful Test the Nation lived out its short and pointless life.

edit: I've checked the internet and it seems 15 to 1 has been axed. I do not believe this. No more William G Stewart protesting about returning the Elgin Marbles, no more returning champions whose faces were more familiar than most of my family, no more joy in the afternoon.

I hate the fucking Goodies. They can shove that funky gibbon right up their festering arseholes

Darrell

Jan Ravens used to be brilliant before Dead Ringers.

In Spitting Image and Alexei Sayle's Stuff (to name two) she's terrific.

So there.

Darrell

Quote from: "hands cold, liver warm"I hate the fucking Goodies. They can shove that funky gibbon right up their festering arseholes

*fumes quietly in corner*

Jemble Fred

Jan Ravens isn't even vaguely annoying when she's standingnext to Jon Culshaw. There's no room for her to be.

Beat The Nation wipes a floor covered in shit and broken glass with 15 To 1.

zozman

Famous 15 to 1 winners

That airline pilot from somewhere in Surrey who might be called Nick.  The fat bearded vicar from Glasgow.  Some old dithering looking housewife who got a maximum (i think) a couple of times, and turned up in a dream-team pub quiz thingy on another programme.  A weird bloke who looked a bit like Wolf from Gladiators and wore a bandana.  I should get out more..........

gazzyk1ns

Hehe the pilot was Nick Terry I think. That fat bearded bloke was called Bill McSomeone I think, I saw an edition once where he answered every single question correctly in the final round. Not just "ones where he was allowed to answer", all of them.

Gazeuse

Mrs. Gazzes mum was on 15/1. Unfortunately, nerves got the better of her and she got about halfway through the opening round. Shame that 'cos she was a very knowledgeable lady.

Personally, I'd rather have a lit butcandle inserted the wrong way round that EVER watch 15/1 or Countdown again.

2 of the few general knowledge quiz shows I like are "15 to 1" and "University Challenge". I'm useless at answering the questions on U.C., but it's interesting entertainment to watch learned intelligent people answer the most obscure and specific areas of atomic physics/maths/history/etc.

"15 to 1" is more at my level. A quiz show with a 'clean' format i.e. little idle banter - just rapid-fire question after question. It's a shame if it's been scrapped.

(Although I do dislike it when quizzes recycle their questions too much, or 'dumb down' by adding more questions on things like, for example, the recent happenings in some soap opera or other.)

gazzyk1ns

Hehe the soap opera questions make for funny moments though, you get people in the final round answering questions about who co-designed the fuel lines on a 1988 Boeing 737 and who the King's cousin was in 1294, and then William G asks "Who did Phil Mitchell recently have an encounter with..." and before the question is even asked, you can see them panic...