Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This Year's Dead

Started by Deadman97, January 25, 2006, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadman97

Right, barring any last-minute shockers I suppose it's time to wrap this up. Who hit hardest for you this year? The biggest shocker for me was good ol' Stingray Steve- I was absolutely convinced it was a wind-up and that there was a punchline coming- the punchline turned out to be the manner of his demise, I suppose. Syd Barrett, awful and untimely... Saddam gets the award for dramatics,  and my girfriend's nan gets an honourable mention for being the closest to home. Anyone got any personal losses to add? No nimming, please, let's just add any last names to the list before we roll the stone into place and seal this for ever.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Deadman97"No nimming, please

URGE TO NIM APPROACHING CRITICAL......

Almost Yearly

I've got one.

Just kidding. No I'm not. Kidding. Not. Nah just kidding - it was last year.

My Giddy Aunt

I didnt know Tony Banks had died either. Well there you go.

Steve Irwin was the biggest shock, i suppose closely followed by the death of that bloke from Top Gear.
James Brown was sad too, although not exactly unexpected. He was funkin right to the end though bless the nutter.

I haven't had to go to any funerals this year, thats nice for me (and people that i know).

Deadman97

Fuck, I almost forgot about this. The four girls were pupils at the school I work at. A very nasty time indeed.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "Joyless Milk"I didnt know Tony Banks had died either. Well there you go.

Steve Irwin was the biggest shock, i suppose closely followed by the death of that bloke from Top Gear.
James Brown was sad too, although not exactly unexpected. He was funkin right to the end though bless the nutter.

I haven't had to go to any funerals this year, thats nice for me (and people that i know).

Erm, you know that guy from Top Gear didn't actually die, don't you?  

None of those deaths particularly hit me hard.  I think it'll get more shocking as people of my generation start regularly dying.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI think it'll get more shocking as people of my generation start regularly dying

Come on, Weren't Pinochet and Charlie Drake good enough for you?

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "Joyless Milk"I didnt know Tony Banks had died either. Well there you go.

I'd totally forgotten until I saw his name in a list in a newspaper a couple of days ago.

Catalogue Trousers

Although he was very old, I was still shocked and saddened when Nigel Kneale passed on.

On a deeper level, for some reason, I was very sad indeed when I heard that Anthony Jackson - Fred Mumford in Rentaghost - had also died.

Also, a belated RIP to John Hallam (died 14th November this year).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0356268/

Deadman97

None of you cunts go croaking in the next fifteen minutes, right?

Hypodeemic Nerdle

sproggy

It's a partial Nimmy, but still stronger than a Meh.