Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:29:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Challenge: Record something based around these lyrics

Started by gazzyk1ns, January 28, 2006, 02:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolodex Propaganda

I'd forgotten all about this until I found an CD-R* on the floor today and i've just spent the last hour re-reading both threads. Fantastic stuff, despite this dissapointing conclusion.

There's no updates, I presume? You can't just let this go! gazzyk1ns, do something!

* Nothing interesting. It didn't work.

Morrisfan82

Love starts with a smile, and ends in disappointment and being ignored. We have been taught.

My Giddy Aunt

I havent been round much recently, but remembered this this afternoon.
You still checking the email gazzy?

You might as well just call the house anon from a phone box and ask directly if she received it. If they ask who it is, just slam the phone down!

ozziechef

Can anyone reuload Muteki's effort - I'm a late comer to this thread and the links are dead.

Captain Crunch

May we also have a weekender's product please?

butnut

gazzyk1ns

Heh, sorry, I don't browse SE much!

No, she never replied. I checked it every day up until about a month and a half ago, and tonight there was still nothing there. I'd not mind phoning her but I can only assume her lack of response is deliberate after this amount of time, even if she didn't have net access herself she would have used a friend's, or a library, by now.

I still play Alan Strang's mp3 fairly regularly and smile about this whole thing, by the way!

ffogems

I remember someone suggesting that Whores compile some of their own opuses (sp?) on to a disk and then dump it in a field with a contact email.
I think that would be a good idea as a follow-on from this.

gazzyk1ns

Yeah I think I posted about doing that in the original thread. TJ PMed me a while ago suggesting it too, I think I might have seemed disinterested - that wasn't my intention. I'm not a very creative person, see, so I'm the wrong person to instigate something like this. I'll definitely participate at least by burning a CD or two and leaving them somewhere public, I don't know if I'll be able to come up with anything to include though. I'm not a musical person so it would only be something written, anyway.

ffogems

I reckon a collection all things artistic would be best - literature, music, films, animations, mongs. I'd like to have a go at an animation.
Would there be a theme?

(I'd also burn and distribute disks and generally help out in any way)

butnut

Quote from: "ffogems"opuses (sp?)

Dull fact for the day: the plural of opus is 'opera'

If someone started such a thread like the one that's being suggested, I'd certainly contribute something. Some kind of 'theme' might be quite good too.

Huzzie

LeboviciAB84

Quote from: "ffogems"I remember someone suggesting that Whores compile some of their own opuses (sp?) on to a disk and then dump it in a field with a contact email.

Surely not? That was exactly how the LeboviciAB84 album was gonna be distributed! Except with Tube stations instead of fields. And more antiterrorist police involvement, I shouldn't wonder.

Morgan

Quotereally good song Strang.

I see you've edited your original post slightly...

ffogems

Quote from: "LeboviciAB84"
Quote from: "ffogems"I remember someone suggesting that Whores compile some of their own opuses (sp?) on to a disk and then dump it in a field with a contact email.

Surely not? That was exactly how the LeboviciAB84 album was gonna be distributed! Except with Tube stations instead of fields. And more antiterrorist police involvement, I shouldn't wonder.

(picture)

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=11344

biniput

Did anyone ever get in contact with her and has she said anything back.

gazzyk1ns

weekender

I'm really sorry for the big bump, but does anyone have a copy of this they could upload/send me please?

Mr Faineant

wow, this thread is/was fucking great! I want to be part of something like this!! I'm just listening to some of the songs. Its wonderful! What a shame she never got back to you. I'd love something like that to happen to me, it would be such a great story to tell for the rest of my life! Well done anyway people, i really think that is lovely.