Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Challenge: Record something based around these lyrics

Started by gazzyk1ns, January 28, 2006, 02:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielreal2k

Quote from: "no_offenc"I call it "Cheesy As Fucking Stilton" and it's meant to scare your kids.

http://yerse.co.uk/cheesylovesong.mp3

Make an Aphex Twin style video to go with and post that too, she'd love it

Great stuff people,
I wonder if she will ever realise that the winner Radio 3 Listeners` Award has performed her lyrics? It might persuade her not to go to the police about n.o. effort.
Quick favour to ask gazzy, if I pop some of my pubes in the post will you forward them onto her?

gazzyk1ns

Yeah I was thinking about that earler (Butnut's award(s), not your pubes). I really can't decide the best way to do all of this. I obviously can't let her know who or where all this happened without knowing it's safe to do so. I do like the element of mystery, too; imagine if you lost a CD, and it came back through your letterbox about a month later, with some artistic additions included, but absolutely no explanation.

I'll have to have a bit of a think, I'm not going to go soft and wimp out completely though. Maybe a nice covering letter is the solution.

I think I'd fucking poo myself that some people with this much obvious energy and talent to burn had given over time to doing this for me and I'd probably spend the rest of my life waiting for a follow-up gangrape or something.

However, I'm quite a private guy when it comes to people I've never even met or spoken to! In principle the idea is quite quite lovely. I think a gentle covering letter would help. Maybe you could say people were inspired by her beautiful words. That would give her a bit of a lift, you know, instead of having her move out of the area and never letting her children out of her sight until they'd hit 40 themselves.

brilliant stuff mrpants and butnut.

Those tracks melted my icy heart.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to record something in the next couple of days.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I really warms my soul that people have put so much effort into producing songs for someone they've never met and who has the drawing skills of a 6 year old.

weekender

Love Starts With A Banjo

Voice courteosy of over a bottle of whisky and 60 B&H last night, banjo song found on the internet.

zozman

butnut

Quote from: "weekender"Love Starts With A Banjo

Voice courteosy of over a bottle of whisky and 60 B&H last night, banjo song found on the internet.

Brilliant! This is going to be one hell of an album.

Nice one too Zozman!

Neil

Quote from: "weekender (erstwhile member of The Wurzels)"Love Starts With A Banjo

Hehe!  It's all panned to the left channel though, I demand a proper Stereo mix.

butnut

I wanted to add that the way Weekender says "STARS" made me piss myself.

gazzyk1ns

weekender

I couldn't work out how to get a stereo mix properly - I'm only using one of those cheap pissy Sound Recorder rip-offs you get and a shit microphone.  If someone can let me know what program I should use to get a stereo mix I'll re-record it.

imitationleather

These are all brilliant. I don't think no_offenc's should be track 1 though because she'll be so terrified she won't listen to any others!

Neil

Quote from: "imitationleather"These are all brilliant. I don't think no_offenc's should be track 1 though because she'll be so terrified she won't listen to any others!

Yes, I was thinking exactly that earlier!

Never worry Weekender, I'm sure Gaz will convert it to mono or paste a copy into the other channel, so it's not all just coming out the one speaker.

Suttonpubcrawl

Well, here's mine. It was very surreal making it, memorising these absolutely awful lyrics and singing them with fake meaning in a ridiculous voice. Rapidshare link, so you can't right click and save as:
http://rapidshare.de/files/12111936/Happy_Song.mp3.html

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Both good. Is anyone going to attempt a different style rather that acoustic, jangly stuff. How about a hip-hop version or a Happy Hardcore version.

imitationleather

Are Muteki and jutl going to have a crack? I'd like to hear their versions.

Suttonpubcrawl

Morrisfan82

Mine is 90% done, I just need to jigger about with it a bit. And stop listening to these FUCKING lyrics for a while.

Ace stuff weekender!

QuoteLove starts with a smile
Grows with a kiss
And ends with a tear
Don'tcryoveranyonewhowon'tcryoveryou

Duffy

Loving these! Here's my effort. I was planning to speak the words over the music myself, but couldn't get the damn microphone to work.

http://eddie-duffy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mp3/TheHappinessSong.mp3

mrpants

Haha, these are all great - I love Suttonpubcrawl's especially.

Can't wait to hear the rest...

Marvin

This is a wonderful wonderful idea and some of these are fantastic. butnut's is beautiful, suttonpubcrawl's is great and weekender's vocal performance is just amazing!

I might have a bash at this but my computer's at another house so could be tricky

weekender

I have partially cleaned up the audio and normalized the volume on my attempt, if anyone would like a slightly better version:

Love Starts With A Banjo v2

Hypnotoad.

These are brilliant

Here is my Techno effort, its just a first effort, so if you like it I could improve it a bit, make the voice louder, improve the timing etc

http://www.zen41057.zen.co.uk/images/happy_techno.mp3

-edit- that is awesome weekender, I was pissing meself

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Duffy that is fucking amazing! Top stuff. It's like Fitter Happier for the 21st century...on acid!

Homer that's great as well. I kind of wish I had a way of recording onto my computer other than a computer microphone.

lactating man nips

I've tried to do an industrial metal version. It's absolutely rubbish! Hopefully it'll give you a laugh though. I can't be arsed with it anymore.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12133829/My_Song_The_Happy_Song___LOL__111.mp3.html