Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,463
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Challenge: Record something based around these lyrics

Started by gazzyk1ns, January 28, 2006, 02:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Duffy, that is fucking brilliant. I'm going to keep that one.

splattermac

I had a listen to these over lunch, very funny and nice to hear the different styles as well.

Do we know if she's involved in church work at all because I think the Cardinal's and No_Offenc's might be a bit too Pentecostal for her happyclappy denomination? In fact Weekender's Deliverance version could be included in that.

The techno one was sweet and was that an original piece of music in Duffy's? I was thinking of Alvin from Lynch's Straight Story.

Morgan

A quick google shows that 'Jennifer Finch' was the illustrator and joint author of a book entitled 'The Adventures of a Lesbian Schoolgirl'.  You would presume it's not the same girl, but you never know.

Duffy

Quote from: "splattermac"[...]was that an original piece of music in Duffy's? I was thinking of Alvin from Lynch's Straight Story.
Believe it or not, it's a Moby piece, called Now I Let It Go, from his Animal Rights album. It serves pretty much as the lull before the storm on that record, being the first track on what is his 'punk' album.

BTW, are we going to choose a title and/or design cover artwork for this?

splattermac

Ah, I have that album but haven't heard it in a long time. I saw him tour it and it was rocking, no stirring strings though and nice to see the wee baldy with some balls. I digress, top effort :)

Little Tommy Titter

Quote from: "no_offenc"I call it "Cheesy As Fucking Stilton" and it's meant to scare your kids.

http://yerse.co.uk/cheesylovesong.mp3

Has anyone put this in the "Songs You Find Genuinely Frightening" Thread yet?
That is truly horrible.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Title ideas.

Cookd and Bombd presents: Lovely Music From Strangers
Now That's What I Call Lovely Music
Funny Tracks from Funny Chaps
Songs for Stalkers
Happiness Starts With a Smile: The Album

sam and janet evening

These are ace.
I did actually start writing a Rodgers and Hammerstein type thing (as discussed earlier), but I can't get hold of my mate's* 8 track this week so I've given up. Still, I think what's here already is more than sufficient.

*oddly enough his name is Chris Morris, a strange coincidence that I don't think I've ever mentioned here before. If our band ever gets off the ground he'll need to change it, I think he should call himself Swoozie Moonshoe - he's not so keen on the idea though...

El Unicornio, mang

There's a Jenny Finch on myspace but she's only 17.... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8543424

Name's aren't always searchable though so you might be able to find her on there since that's what all the kids are into these days

I might have a stab at a song if I get time

Morrisfan82

Muteki - The Happiness Song

I had a thought - what if the two unreadable CD-Rs were crammed with unspeakably depraved illegal material? This Happiness album could be construed as a bizarre musical blackmail note. :)

butnut

Hehe RAWK!!

EDIT - fuck me that 'Question of Sport' theme tune is a stroke of genius.

Excellent, Muteki! I think you've hit on the right album title too.

splattermac

It just gets better, that is excellent Muteki! You had me believing you'd found the original by some American college band or from the soundtrack of a teenie romcom and mixed in A question of sport. Watch out for swooning eighteen year old girls you hunk ;)

imitationleather

Quote from: "The Unicorn"There's a Jenny Finch on myspace but she's only 17.... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8543424

She's from Bridport in Dorset. gazzy isn't from that part of the world, is he?

Although, apparently she did write a song when she was 10 years old. Oooh spooky...

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Muteki , what can say, fucking brilliant. If you call yourself the Antarctic Squirrels and send that into Zane Lowe, you could be the next Arctic Monkeys!

gazzyk1ns

Excellent, we'll have a CD full soon - maybe someone could do a really upbeat poppy one? Just for the sake of balance, these are all great. I oved the QoS theme in Muteki's too.

A couple of things:

I have this girl's CV as of June 2005, so I know exactly who she is and where she lived last summer.

With regards to artwork: I am literally one of the least talented people when it comes to that sort of thing. However, if someone wants to make some covers for me to print out, then great. As long as everything is left in the hands of my PC and printer then my bumbling non-artistic hands can't ruin it.

'PC and printer', that's quite a good name for a band.

01 - Just another doubleclick
02 - BSOD again
03 - Empty cartridges
04 - Use Media Player Classic or VLC
05 - 00FFFFx01DDFF
06 - Oh, I see I've run out of paper again
07 - Fatal exception OE
etc.

Might as well upload my first effort as well. It's nothing like the other one. Don't know if it's worth using, but it's a bit more cheerful at least. If we're only allowed one I'd rather it was the metal one, for what it's worth.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12241163/Love_Ends_With_A_Splat.mp3.html

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"

so I know exactly who she is and where she lived last summer.

That sounds like a good idea for a teen slasher flick franchise

Maybe you could call the album "I Know Where You Lived Last Summer" and have you on the cover in a hockey mask holding a bloodstained cd-r.
Or maybe not.

hansen mork

When's the deadline for this? I could probably do a poppy version of this on saturday with my 10 your old sister doing the singing.

terminallyrelaxed

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "hansen mork"When's the deadline for this? I could probably do a poppy version of this on saturday with my 10 your old sister doing the singing.
Hah! That sounds awesome. I fancy doing one of these myself, but I have a shitty mic so probably won't.

gazzyk1ns

Hehe we have a cover!

Yeah Hansen, there's no rush, and that would be a great addition.

ffogems

Right, here's my effort.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12089LJ5E3Q7M0ZNA3L1LDF3QX

Had to use PC mic so Vocals aren't great, and the woman who 'sang' them is laughing, not crying.
It sounds really distant, I'm not sure why. And I've just added these vocals around an existing song, so I won't be offended it you all think it's shit.

Almost Yearly

You guys. I've got a right busy couple of weeks on, but you are sorely tempting me here. Keyboard, mic, mixer - all boxed away in the attic. Nnnngh.

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"You guys. I've got a right busy couple of weeks on, but you are sorely tempting me here. Keyboard, mic, mixer - all boxed away in the attic. Nnnngh.

Do it ! :)

hansen mork

Quote from: "no_offenc"I call it "Cheesy As Fucking Stilton" and it's meant to scare your kids.

http://yerse.co.uk/cheesylovesong.mp3

Hahahaha, thats wonderful. I'd suggest just sending this one song on its own in a blood filled carrier bag.

Duffy

Hope you'll be equalising the sound levels on all these tracks, gaz. I had to turn the volume way up to hear butnut's track, and as luck would have it, Cardinal Tit Storm's first track was next on the playlist. I still haven't managed to coax the cat down from the chandelier.