Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:06:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Go and See The Armando Iannucci Show

Started by 5 Knuckle Shuffle, March 08, 2004, 11:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Knuckle Shuffle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/shows/armandoiannuccishow.shtml

Just noticed they've got some tickets available for his one and only Radio 4 show at the BBC studios.

butnut

Thanks - I've just applied.

I wonder what it is - maybe a pilot for a new show?

Bellscab

Awesome... thanks for the tip. This *is* exciting, although admittedly only in a sad comedy fanboy way.

Keep my mind off Finals, anyway... Cheers.

Lt Plonker

I think I'll a grab a ticket too. :) Should be good fun.

Macerate and Petrify

Neil

If you're going to this, please do your best to bootleg it!  Oh on the way out the door today I found the Iannucci Interview tape that 12 Storey Crisis very kindly sent, so I'll get that done when I get back to the flat.

Quote from: "Neil"If you're going to this, please do your best to bootleg it!

No offence Neil, but what's the point in bootlegging a radio comedy that will be broadcast anyway? Especially since it'll probably go out pretty soon after the recording, being a satirical show and all.

Anyway, I'm dead excited.  What with this and Richard Herring's new radio show, not to mention a rumoured return to radio for Morris, it'll be like the early nineties all over again, or something.

Darrell

Quote from: "12 years, 11 months old"
Quote from: "Neil"If you're going to this, please do your best to bootleg it!

No offence Neil, but what's the point in bootlegging a radio comedy that will be broadcast anyway?

Because the unedited recording will be much, much longer than the broadcast show. Rushes are good!

Darrell

Quote from: "cairnsi"yep get those DATs out guys!

Minidiscs are a bit more practical of course.

Macerate and Petrify

I'd be willing to try this, but how does one go about doing it?

I have a minidisc player, but what kind of mic would be needed or is there another way of doing it entirely?

pretty dead boy

astonishingly, all you need is your mini disc recorder and headphones.  any pair of headphones can record, i'm assured*.  most new minidisc players come with something to play with the levels automatically, but this is the only thing you'll need to adjust.  just plug the headphones in to the recording bit.  is probably worth a test run first, but is massively useful.

*i'm sure there's some headphones made in nineteen ten that can't, but generally speaking

imitationleather

I have an iPod and am getting one of those "turn your iPod into a dictaphone" kits, so I can record it straight to mp3. Straight to mp3!

Now let's just hope I get some bastard tickets and don't sit next to some mouthy cunt.

benthalo

So that's four of us who are intent on recording it, then?

Rushes are always worth getting. It certainly put a different perspective on Gash.

Macerate and Petrify

Wouldnt it be funny if we all got tickets and all recorded it.

No, it would be FATE.

Darrell

If everyone records it, I'm pretty sure a combination of the sources could not only be used to increase the sound quality, but also to make it all nice and stereo like the bloke off of NISA does when more than one person MD bootlegs an Innes concert.

Or something.

Rats

Have a word with TTT, he seems to know about this sort of thing, he's got a magic box he put together that he wires into his mini disc which makes everything sound louderer and betterer.

Crazyfists

hey, any of you got the date for the ianucci show? I ordered the tickets and i couldn't be bothered writing the date down and now it's has been taken off the site...

benthalo

Darrell

Quote from: "benthalo"24th April, I believe.

The same day people who pre-ordered off Play will get their Day Today DVDs, in fact. For someone out there it'll be either a brilliant day or a bloody frustrating one.

butnut

Quote from: "benthalo"24th April, I believe.

I thought it was the Friday i.e. 23rd. Could be wrong, but my birthday's on the Sunday, so I planned my weekend.

Crazyfists

Cheers for the date. I'm getting TDT from play, probably get loads of mates round to watch the DVD with a few beers at the weekend...

superb

Macerate and Petrify

butnut

Quote from: "Macerate and Petrify"My ticket came today, hurrah

Me too. I'm looking forward to this.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "butnut"
Quote from: "Macerate and Petrify"My ticket came today, hurrah
Me too. I'm looking forward to this.

Oooh, I might have one waiting for me when I get home then. Nice.

Edje

When is it? I applied for tickets but won't have them until I go back to London. Don't want to miss it!

benthalo

Looks like I haven't been chosen to be part of the audience. How do they pick??

benthalo

First come, first served to the best of my knowledge. Did you just send  your request on e-mail or did they log your details over the phone? It's not a massive venue and I know that demand was high for this one.

I may have a couple of spares, so PM me.

Village Branson

Anyone going to this want to meet up and act all smug about being able to get tickets?