Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Go and See The Armando Iannucci Show

Started by 5 Knuckle Shuffle, March 08, 2004, 11:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "alan strang"

Well, it was neither harsh nor particularly angry. Plus, if memory serves, there was a little aside from Iannucci at one point where he squealed, indignantly, "I'm not being bitter or anything - I like The Office!", which further knackered it.

Plus it made it very clear that Iannucci viewed Gervais as the innocent party in the media circus, rather than a willing participant.

med

saw the first of the "Armando Iannucci Charm Offensive" recorded tonight due to go out tomorrow night.  

guests Phil Jupitus, John Oliver and Clive Anderson

thought it went much better than the pilot (laughed much more - and there were some inspired bits), but over the 90ish mins recording time it did flag a bit (only 2 re-takes thank god!!!).

Clive anderson seemed a little lost in places - just didn't enter the spirit for some gags (quoted a lot of law at times, and got annoyed when Armando quoted bits wrong - perhaps pining for his barrister days...).  John Oliver was the star for me.  some excellent lines, got most of the applause thru the evening.  Jupitus had a  couple of moments but just wasn't funny.

not vintage Iannucci, but will be nice to tune into once in a while.

oldandnew

The Brown and Blair bits were a bit dull.  Other election material pretty good. They had to re-record the outro and some of the stuff about Prince Harry nobbing an ironing board.

Jupitus had two diet cokes. I think Armando had a bag of raisins on his desk.

The Mumbler

I'd have thought Anderson would lift proceedings, actually, what with the prospect of Jupitus (must he ruinously be in *everything*?) and Oliver (is he glued to Iannucci's hand?).