Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rip 'em up

Started by ccab, March 09, 2004, 12:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

Get a photo of a celebrity, politician or other safe little figure of hate and flex your photoshop skills to cracking-point by tearing it in half! Such fun!

involve your friends!

show your work colleagues!

send to your address books!

here's some starters:

OK, so it's a bit of a sledgehammer way of making a point, but can you all please fuck off with these desperate, pointless little 'mong 'em up' threads which are making this forum look like a primary school scrapbook?

Can't you think up anything more entertaining than this shit? Seriously - use your fucking imaginations!

european son

Quote from: "ccab"Get a photo of a celebrity, politician or other safe little figure of hate and flex your photoshop skills to cracking-point by tearing it in half! Such fun!

Quote from: "ccab"Get a photo of a celebrity, politician or other safe little figure of hate and flex your photoshop skills to cracking-point by tearing it in half! Such fun!

a cursory glance shows two such recent threads, which you've just now equalled. this isn't Comedy Chat, you should relax a touch.

blue jammer

Quote from: "ccab"Can't you think up anything more entertaining than this shit? Seriously - use your fucking imaginations!

Can't both these types of threads exist in the same forum?

Honestly, I think they're great sometimes, you've said it yourself in the past, something on the lines of "you don't have to be the most advanced 'monger' at  image trickery, sometimes the most simple ideas are the best"...

A lot of people (me included) like these simple threads, as if we're at work, and sneaking a quick peek at the forum, we can easily contribute to something like this, rather than dedicate x amount of time to a more involved thought provoking thread.

My problem with threads that take off -- I don't like anything that gets more than say 3 pages, as I can't be bothered to trawl through it, I'm lazy like that, and even though I have a lot of respect for your ideas and creative skills on here, I might not always show it, as I don't read the forums here as much thesedays, but  I don't think there's a need to slate lesser threads. If they don't interest you, fair play, just move along to another one that does..

@ssmaster

The original Tranny Em up thread on t'other forum was a great success and a lot of people like the mongs that were produced as it seems to be the case with the new one. ccab, your over the top way of getting your point across is dissapointing. If you were not happy with the threads make a comment in one of them or better still say nothing at all but don't be an arse and create two piss take threads to show everyone that you can be sarcastic.

Up until recently I was the main person starting mong threads here and personally if I didn't start them the forum would of been full of arty pics and long winded competitions. These 'shit threads' as you call them strike a balance in Multimongia and as BJ said gives the VW's who don't possess great Photoshop skills and chance to shine. So please instead of starting threads that breed animosity (something we never have in Multimongia) start a thread that people can contribute too creatively, or alternatively say nothing at all.

Anyway with your rant you have probably got what you want as people may not be inclined to contribute to those threads now thanks to your negativity.

hencole

CCAB WHY MAKE THE SAME POINT TWICE IT MAKES YOU LOOK SILLY.

Frinky

I see ccab and TJ employ the same form of "humour"...

splattermac

:) bagpuss was here

mook

hehe lovely idea Splat. I was going to a stick a zip fastener on it but you beat me to it.

Well that sure as fuck shook the forum into life didn't it.

ccab

Quote from: "blue jammer"you've said it yourself in the past, something on the lines of "you don't have to be the most advanced 'monger' at image trickery, sometimes the most simple ideas are the best"...

True, but I was talking about the Mando thread which caught on because it was simple & so open-ended. I'd differentiate between say, Lost in Translation and Turbo-slash XXVII: revenge of the shoelace, & also between simplicity & insipidity.

Assmaster, I wasn't singling you out as you seem to have assumed - or angling for a fight with anyone else here. A jockey isn't looking for a punch-up with a horse when he swings his whip. Frown about sarcasm as much you like, but there are worse ways of throwing your arms up in frustration.

The three (I think) competitions we've had here have shown how many members are ready willing & able to crank up photoshop at short notice. But ordinarily you'd never guess it. Multimongia gets repetitive, feeble and quiet & it's because the challenges set here are so deadeningly lazy and uninspiring. I'm tired of popping my head round the door and seeing an empty lounge with one deafening tv set pouring out identikit daytime serials. I can always find time to dash into photoshop, but more often than not, watching this mill of shit turning round & round relentlessly, I just can't be arsed. It's getting like the puzzle page of a coffee-break magazine. & MM's inactivity doesn't exactly suggest anyone's actually inspired by these things.

The point I'm making is that a good Multimongia needs good challenges. It'd be nice to come here & regularly find it excited & as busy as a hive. A place that's thrown up threads like Mowmow, Mando, ms paint fantasies & self-portraits can do better than this. It's been a fucking good first-port-of-call forum in the past & everything it needs to be again is already here. It just needs more effort & imaginition in its challenges.

Splat, you're like one of the shoemaker's elves. Bloody vandal.

Level 2.

Neil

That was a great post.

mr rou-rou

edit:

ok, enough, i've got you licked.