Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Westlife.... no more?

Started by Garfield And Friends, March 09, 2004, 12:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Apparently the mangroup "Westlife" are soon to become a foursome, or possibly split for good. Anyone here as 'upset' with this as I am?

Of course the assembly line will never really stop churning out heartthrob saccharine balladeer popsters for young girls. There are always be plenty of meritless bland groups lining up to replace the Westlifes, Fives, and Blues of the pop world. Alas.

european son

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"Of course the assembly line will never really stop churning out heartthrob saccharine balladeer popsters for young girls. There are always be plenty of meritless bland groups lining up to replace the Westlifes, Fives, and Blues of the pop world. Alas.

Westlife were the worst band of our generation. its not music for kids, but music for old ladies marketed as music for kids, which is much much worse.

Five were a league above them. not my thing, but they didn't offend me the way Westlife did. catchy upbeat stuff that was fine and had its place.

Westife were so bland and inoffensive that every record they put out disgusted me to my very core.

Spiteface

I hear Sugababes may be next... God I hope so.

Gazeuse

I was a bit upset this morning because I'd never heard of him and thought that due to old age, I'd finally lost touch with what's going on in the music world.

Then I realised I'm not and have never been a ten year old girl, so it's quite reasonable not to have heard of him.

Quote from: "european son"its not music for kids, but music for old ladies

I'd disagree there...It's music for people who don't like music much.

M People is music for old ladies.

TraceyQ

that linky no work anymore, have they changed their mind? God, I hope not.

Pilf

It was only a matter of time if you'd been subjected to any of their television interviews of recent times - a shit band way past their sell by date. I always find it amusing to watch when boy bands start to self destruct as it always seems to follow the same pattern.

First Morrissey's coming back, then Westlife are going away. It's an emotional rollercoaster.

MonkeyDrummer

isn't it just Bryan who's leaving? Mozza could take his place!!! It's almost too perfect.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

They could re-release their cover of "Mandy" as a duet with Morrissey, to induct him into the clan.

"Oh Mozzy, well you came and you gave without taking.."

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "Spiteface"I hear Sugababes may be next... God I hope so.

Don't be dissing 'Overload' though, man. That's a classic, that.

Matthias

Shit.. that's like, such bad news.

Well, at least we've got Peter Andre(x) back!

:-|

Tokyo Sexwhale

Westlife have had 12 UK Number 1 records.

Other than the cover versions, I couldn't quote or sing a line from any of them.

I liked the big lummox one, the one who's leaving, the one who likes tits*, the one who must surely have the best voice in real life because he's by far the ugliest.

* What is the use of an interweb if I can't find that shot of Bryan copping a quick ogle at Mariah's?  Mind. The. Gap.

lazyhour

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"Westlife have had 12 UK Number 1 records.

Other than the cover versions, I couldn't quote or sing a line from any of them.

That is such a brilliant point.  I couldn't either, and I'm not some out-of-touch old poobum.

I want to reiterate what someone said earlier - They really are the worst band of our generation.  The lunchtime news today said that "many have compared them to the Beatles."  I demand that this be untrue.

sproggy

Did this while ago in anticipation of just such an occasion.  Tank feck is all I can say.

Apologies to ccab for being lazy and unimaginative again ; )

Hugely punchable mugs there. (Apart from the guy second from the right. Looks like a thoroughly nice fellow.)

Tokyo Sexwhale

From this week's Popbitch:

QuoteSo Louis Walsh's Westlife lost its fattest
   member this week. Only four to go, so this seems
   a good time to recount our favourite Louis legend.

Prior to Westlife he brought us Boyzone. One
   day the boys got big-headed and talked of getting
   rid of Louis because they had so many fans they
   didn't need him any more. So Louis marched the
   boys out to his car and lifted up the boot. It
   was jammed full with hundreds of Boyzone singles.

"See boys," says Louis, "Here are 'your fans'".
   They never mentioned changing their manager again.

sproggy

You do realise there is a downside to this.  We are in danger of having our ears festooned with five flavours of 'solo' effort shite, al la Spice Girls (no we haven't split, honest)

king mob

Nah, they'll fade into nothingness like the shite they are.