Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Islam

Started by Uzi Lover, February 05, 2006, 10:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sorry Boadicea, I'll do it right now.

TraceyQ

Thank you.

Soz, Jack, I just think that hijab deserves a proper thread as more women are wearing the veil than ever before.

Almost Yearly

Christ that Tracey's a cunt ain't she.

Hijab teaching assistant media frenzy woman just got the sack.

Still Not George

Yeah. And apparently someone said a Christian shouldn't wear a cross, so All Out Religious War is about to begin.

chav

Yay, been waiting for this. Having no particular affection for either team you'll find me in the bar, watching on the big screen.

Neville Chamberlain

Is it on Sky Sports?

Blumf

Will it look something like this...

...only, with more handbags?

chav

I hear the half-time show will ROCK. Can't say how, but here's a clue... lots & lots of FIRE. And four men on horseback.

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "Still Not George"Yeah. And apparently someone said a Christian shouldn't wear a cross, so All Out Religious War is about to begin.

I can't believe the airline has backed down over that, why couldn't they just point out that their dress code prohibits ANY JEWLERY ABOVE THE CRAVAT?

Pinball

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Thank you.

Soz, Jack, I just think that hijab deserves a proper thread as more women are wearing the veil than ever before.
Yes, you've got to admire a religion that turns a symbol of female oppression into a cause celebre - for women!   Truly, truly Incredible.

Boing

All religion is fucking STUPID!
Can someone please explain "HEAVEN"?
Or whatever the situation when you die in your chosen religion.

Also why is god NOT infallible?
Why has his word been fucked around and messed with over the years by........humanity? And don't give me "times change".He's a god,I have a low threshold of boredom and a concept of "time".
I just decided that god said I could burn holes in his believers because they are all SINNERS.

Pinball

QuoteReligion and Ethics
The British Mosque
Friday 9 February 2007 11:00-11:30 (Radio 4 FM)

Architectural historian Joe Kerr assesses the design and quality of Britain's mosques, whose numbers have increased by over fifty percent in the last ten years. He meets the architects and designers behind the buildings, traces the sources of their inspiration and explores the successes and failures of their construction.
It therefore seems unsurprising that people are fearing displacement by the Muslim separatist movement, which let's face it is what they are. The don't want to integrate, and when critical mass is reached (regional or country) they will want an Islamic State, Sharia Law etc. We are, after all, the cousins of pigs and monkeys to them (ref: Dispatches undercover documentary).

Oh, and good morning :-)

Milo

What are the numbers? Also, what are the percentage increases for churches, synagogues, etc over the ten years.

Just for context.

EDIT: Note, I'm not really expecting you to find numbers (I couldn't), I'm just pointing out that you should only draw a conclusion on one group if you know how it compares to the general trend. And if 50% is a significant absolute increase - ie; if there were 10 mosques and 5 more were built it's still 50% but absolutely it's still not very many.

Blumf

Um... what's wrong with Muslims wanting places of worship?

At least Mosques don't land you with surprise 200K bills

Notlob

Quote from: "Pinball"
QuoteReligion and Ethics
The British Mosque
Friday 9 February 2007 11:00-11:30 (Radio 4 FM)

Architectural historian Joe Kerr assesses the design and quality of Britain's mosques, whose numbers have increased by over fifty percent in the last ten years. He meets the architects and designers behind the buildings, traces the sources of their inspiration and explores the successes and failures of their construction.
It therefore seems unsurprising that people are fearing displacement by the Muslim separatist movement, which let's face it is what they are. The don't want to integrate, and when critical mass is reached (regional or country) they will want an Islamic State, Sharia Law etc. We are, after all, the cousins of pigs and monkeys to them (ref: Dispatches undercover documentary).

Oh, and good morning :-)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

There. Feel much better now.

nixon

has anyone done the "suni and shea "  gag yet?  I got YOU BABBBEE!!!!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

It's a shi'ite joke.

Pinball

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"It's a shi'ite joke.
All religion is. Very.