Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pet Shop Boys - It Couldn't Happen Here

Started by 23 Daves, February 08, 2006, 09:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is very funny and cringeworthy, esepcially Chris dancing behind the keyboard and Neil miming vox samples. I thought that was most curious as after they acted that the deadpan stage persona wasn't intitially on purpose.

Anyway, fans, Disco 4 is apparently to be released, although no confirmation as yet but it was listed on hmv.co.uk as being released in August. Not sure what the latest status is yet.

Panbaams

Another bump, and no, still no sign of a DVD release for It Couldn't Happen Here. Something that might be of interest, though: a quirk in the official PSB website's music player (www.petshopboys.co.uk) means that MP3s are downloaded to your computer automatically. Go to the site's navigation section (bottom-left) and click on "Product" ... any of the songs you can listen to (rather than see the video of or buy) will appear in your temporary internet files folder as a numbered MP3 file (e.g. "633.MP3"). You can then copy them elsewhere on your computer or transfer them into iTunes. For people who've got all the albums, there's an exclusive tracks section with remixes and demos that (for the most part) you can't get elsewhere; for casual fans who only know the Pet Shop Boys from their singles, you can hear most of the back catalogue (tending towards the more recent albums). Lots of hidden gems, though: check out "I Didn't Get Where I Am Today" (b-side to "Flamboyant") or "Fugitive" (on Fundamentalism) ...

Darrell

Oh god yes - been joyfully stealing off that for months. There's at least an entire album of Fundamental demos/alternates/remixes there in very high quality.

The unused 'rock mix' of Luna Park is amazing. An even better version of my favourite Fundamental song, complete with big Great Gig In The Sky ending.

Pink Gregory

12 year old thread bump

This has a new 4k scan with an imminent blu ray release, currently watching it on BFI Player.  Thoroughly enjoying.

Shakespearean monologues of utter nonsense and arresting visuals, Joss Ackland, Pet Shop Boys are dead good, would recommend.