Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pareidolia: a hidden challenge

Started by Gandhi, March 09, 2004, 11:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandhi

Hello, I'm  pareidolia Gandhi. I'm not really here, i'm an illusion, or misconception.  Much like this picture of a devil,

Pareidolia has been used to explain away such things as the Loch Ness Monster, and Mother Theresa baked in tortillas. It is even used in psychological tests such as the Rorschach Test, where every ink blot is your mother's vagina. Or even in  this picture of a giant, floating, Jimmy Hill.

Gandhi would like to see your own  examples of  pareidolia, such as the ones
here

Is it all just smoke and mirrors?

Purple Tentacle

Not sure if this is quite appropriate, since it was originally from the "fake photos" thread, but:

fanny splendid

fanny splendid

Reposterama ...

International Scotsman's spirit attends a Darkness gig. It's all cymbalic.

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "Gandhi"Gandhi would like to see your own  examples of  pareidolia, such as the ones
here

From there.  This one made me smile :)

QuoteTuesday May 15, 07:28 AM
Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair is seen through the viewfinder of a television camera as he gives a speech before a question and answer session at Kaimhill school in Aberdeen May 14, 2001. A poll for the Independent newspaper had reduced Labour's lead over the Conservatives to 14 percent, down between two and six points on several weekend surveys. REUTERS/Ian Waldie

fanny splendid

sproggy

Peak Oil?  What's the answer Spike?

That cheese one was excellent fanny

@ssmaster

That is sublime.  Right click, save as methinks

hencole

@ss I have stared at that picture for two days and have been unable to locate the holly one, can I have a clue please?

wasp_f15ting

a$$y how the hell did you do that ?!  I am stunned....

Hencole, he looks like he's watching something

fanny splendid

fanny splendid

Quote from: "wasp_f15ting"a$$y how the hell did you do that ?!  I am stunned....

Either it's real pareidolia, or he's used a 3-D program. Render as water if it's available, or glass.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Either it's real pareidolia.

Yes it is real. Sorry guys I never did that. Wouldn't want to take credit for something mother nature did, she can get mighty pissed off sometimes.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Top left hand corner.

That's not the Jesus I saw!

On the left-centre of the picture, there is another "Jesus" looking towards the top left of the picture.  He even has a crown of what could be thorns!

If no-one else can see it, I'll circle it in "Paint" and send it to anyone who will host it.

fanny splendid

I can't see it my self, but if you circle it, then go here, you can use the guest function to upload the picture.

In the top right hand corner, choose 'add photo'.

sproggy

Our man lucifer is in there also.   Right centre, facing down with his chin tucked in.

Tokyo Sexwhale

OK, I've traced round it in blue, and on reflection it could be Neptune or Poseidon rather than Jesus.  But then again that other Jesus could be Jeremy Beadle.

My "Jesus" is looking right and upwards.

Funky Gibbon

Is it me, or does Jesus have one hell of a cock?

fanny splendid

Also, in the lower left hand quarter of Tokyo's picture, there is a bearded face looking straight at you.

sproggy

Looks like the popemobile's got a dodgy sump gasket.

Cerys

I've looked and looked, but all I can see is an oily puddle.  Pity me.

Meanwhile, I've found Jesus and replaced him with Hendrix -

PS - fanny, that Blue Morris is brilliant!

Edited cos I can't spell.

Tokyo Sexwhale

That's MY Jesus!

Although it could also be Hendrix too I suppose.  Or the front cover of the Rage Against the Machine album.

sproggy

Quote from: "Cerys"I've looked and looked, but all I can see is an oily puddle.  Pity me.

There you go, in all his slick holiness.

I can't see hendrix in yours though, all I can see is jesus with a dodgy affro.

Cerys

Quote from: "sproglette"
Quote from: "Cerys"I've looked and looked, but all I can see is an oily puddle.  Pity me.

There you go, in all his slick holiness.

I can't see hendrix in yours though, all I can see is jesus with a dodgy affro.

But he's got a guitar and everything!  Tsk, some people.

Although at least now I can see the face in yours.  Thankyou!

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Cerys"PS - fanny, that Blue Morris is brilliant!

Cheers me dear!