Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:40:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Armando Iannucci - Clinton: His Struggle With Dirt (Download)

Started by Neil, March 09, 2004, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

EDIT:  It's now on Suprnova so should start flying:
http://suprnova.festy.org/torrents/1347/Armando%20Iannucci%20-%20Clinton%20His%20Struggle%20With%20Dirt%20[neilbombd]-avi.torrent

I've spent all morning encoding this and have stuck it up on Bit Torrent to get it out to more people, it will be in my shares too though, so if you're on Soulseek then you can also get it from the Cook'd and Bomb'd room on there.  Word of advice though, rightclick the name "comedy bastard" in the userlist and choose ignore as it's that wanker faceless who was flooding the forum the other week.  He is always in there starting trouble whenever a good discussion gets going so please just put him on ignore.  Anyway here is the link for the show:

http://futurezone.tv/tracker/torrents-details.php?id=1360&hit=1

It should also be on suprnova.org shortly.  It's 173 megs.

Bilko

A great link for all those who haven't seen it or want to see it again. I've already got it on video and love the Dame Judi Stench bits and speaking in the new American langauge.

Macerate and Petrify

Just hopped on this now, very much looking forward to this.

Any chance of putting this up for normal download for those of us without BitTorrent/Soulseek capabilities?

Purple Tentacle

"Say thank you ten times and run out"

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Wonderful, really looking forward to this. Here's hoping it downloads before the end of the working day.

Can you cut off torrents to download at a later date, even if you switch your computer off?

Neil

Quote from: "Manford Thirty-Sixborough"Any chance of putting this up for normal download for those of us without BitTorrent/Soulseek capabilities?

Probably not, no.  Maybe I'll do a low-quality reencode at some point but it's not a priority really.  Oh actually, I'll check the space "A Passing Turk Slipper" gave us and see if it's working again.  

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Can you cut off torrents to download at a later date, even if you switch your computer off?

Yep, just close the window and when you want to resume it go to download it as before but point it to where the file is and it will pick up where it left off.

Darrell

A superb show, I'm glad it's in circulation. Cheers Neil!

"Look at the milk there."

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
Can you cut off torrents to download at a later date, even if you switch your computer off?

You could try Shareza for ease of use.  It takes control of torrents and resumes when you start it up at a later date.  I like it because I usually use this laptop to start downloads and quite often have to take it with me before the d/load is complete.  It also means that I'm still sharing the few files I have without having to find the original link (which I doubt many people can be bothered to do once they've got the complete file)

Neil

it is a great show, this, we need more people on the torrent though to get it moving quicker.  Please remember to try and keep your windows open for a while after it downloads so that everyone else gets it quicker.  

I got a tape full of Friday Night Armistices' from gazzyk1ns this morning so I'll start encoding those once I get some sleep.

butnut

Thanks Neil. I'm just starting to download now - although their site seems to be deadly slow.

Neil

Yes, sadly it is very slow, but I should have access to a better tracker by the time I get the Armistices encoded.  The slowness of the site will have nothing to do with the speed of the download, incidentally.  Here's a direct link to the torrent if anyone is stuck.

http://chilled.cream.org/ArmandoIannucci-ClintonHisStruggleWithDirt.avi.torrent

I've renamed it but it should work fine.

weekender

I can host this, but I haven't got it.  If someone could send it me I'll host it, or I'll wait for the torrent to finish and host it then.

Neil

Hmm I was thinking of running off a low-quality reencode for dialuppers, maybe you should host that?  If you want to just host the big version then nows a very good time to jump on the torrent as there''s a shitload of people on it and many will be completing soon, so it's flying out.

weekender

Well, to be honest, I could host both, just trying to think of the best way of getting these things shared to the most people.

If I can get it hosted and keep the torrent going, hope that helps.  I'll also have a nice shiny new CD drive soon, so I can always run off a few copies for 56k people, along with the big backlog of stuff I've got to send out*.

*been promising this for ages - but come the 20th of this month, and I will have a working CD drive!!!  This is a sidenote, obviously, but it's a fucking killer when your drive burns out and you can't afford to replace it.

tetoffender

Thanks for this, Neil. I missed it at the time.

Just started downloading from the Suprnova link and it's coming and going at decent speeds now.

alan strang

Neil, mentioned this to TJ earlier - I'm about to encode 'It's Only TV' as DivX. I'll post it over to you on a disc so you can shove that in the folder too at some point.

I'll do two versions - one of the full show, the other an edit with just the Morris stuff. Perhaps Weekender could host the latter?

butnut

I've never seen it before - brilliant! So many great ideas. I like the idea of New American being a language - 'jesus sandwich'.

And in the credits -'Rostrum camera - Not Ken Morse'

chand

Spent ages getting this only to get that annoying 'Error downloading codec' message, and no picture. Then it occurred to me: try downloading the codec! *slaps forehead comically*

So it works now, I'll watch it later. Ta very much! *doffs cap*

Macerate and Petrify

That was excellent, loved the New American language. The bit with the Kenneth Starr picture had me giggling for a while as well.

I'm sure i've seen the staring at milk thing somewhere before, has someone uploaded a clip of this before or something?

weekender

Well, my torrent's finished and no-one appears to be uploading from me, so I've made the decision to shut the torrent down.

I've uploaded the file to here:

http://comedy.richardportway.com/Armando%20Iannucci%20-%20Clinton%20His%20Struggle%20With%20Dirt%20[neilbombd].avi

So that if people still want it, they can grab it from there.

Cheers Neil et al for the file.

NattyDread

Cheers Weekender. I thought I'd missed the boat on this.

Pinball

Quote from: "Neil"Yes, sadly it is very slow, but I should have access to a better tracker by the time I get the Armistices encoded.  The slowness of the site will have nothing to do with the speed of the download, incidentally.  Here's a direct link to the torrent if anyone is stuck.

http://chilled.cream.org/ArmandoIannucci-ClintonHisStruggleWithDirt.avi.torrent

I've renamed it but it should work fine.
Cheers Neil - d/l it last night & left the torrent window open all night
<beams in a saintly fashion>

Neil

Quote from: "alan strang"Neil, mentioned this to TJ earlier - I'm about to encode 'It's Only TV' as DivX. I'll post it over to you on a disc so you can shove that in the folder too at some point.

I'll do two versions - one of the full show, the other an edit with just the Morris stuff. Perhaps Weekender could host the latter?

Cor!  Fantastic news sir, that'd be hugely appreciated.  Presumably you mean Weekender could host the full show, shouldn't be a problem there, and I can get it circulating on Soulseek and Bit Torrent as well.  

Thanks to all those who have kept their torrent windows open, I've only got 15k a second upload so it does help!  I'll try and get cracking on some Armistice today.

Neil

Worth giving this another bump I think, as torrents don't last long in general.   I'm not at my own puter now but the last time I checked there were plenty of seeders so it should be flying out (or of course you can download it from Weekenders webspace, but generally the torrent will go quicker).  

Many thanks to TTT for letting me pick his brain on Soulseek today, I got some great encoding tips and I reckon the Armisitices should look cracking, I'll get to work on them when I'm back at my flat tomorrow.  Thanks again to gazzyk1ns for the lend of his tape, and to Graeme Payne for the lend of his "Clinton: His Struggle With Dirt" video!

Rats

Has anyone said it was a bit dark? I got used to it though. Cheers nelly, that was fab, much funnier than I remembered.

Darrell

Quote from: "Rats"Has anyone said it was a bit dark? I got used to it though.

If you piss about long enough with the settings on TmpgEnc you can encode it as an MPEG and regrade it to something surprisingly good-looking (increasing the gamma is the key), as I did earlier today. Well, if my computer hadn't turned itself off for no reason halfway through, that is.

Anyway, it ends up looking a teensy bit blocky in places but it looks much better.

Purple Tentacle

I'm sorry if I'm being INCREDIBLY dense, but what codec does this use?

'Cos I can't view it at all...

Darrell

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I'm sorry if I'm being INCREDIBLY dense, but what codec does this use?

Probably the most newest special DivX codec that only came out yesterday or something. If CaB does one thing it's make sure I keep my codecs updated!

Neil

Hehe sorry Darrell, in actual fact it's the DivX 3.11 alpha!  I do usually like to use the latest codecs, but with the latest DivX you get this annoying problem with Windows Media Player where the file freezes after the first few seconds but the audio contines.  They play fine in DivX Player but I know that someone downloaded Cluub Z 3 times cause of this and thinking the file was corrupt,  so thought I'd just stick with the one I know works.

This link should sort you out:
http://chilled.cream.org/downloads/divxcodec.exe

Yeah sorry about the colour being a bit saturated or something.  Nowt I could do about it, the controls wouldn't work in Virtual Dub.  When I get back to the flat I might try doing an upgrade at a higer frame-rate cause I worked out today how that would be possible!  I think the Friday Night Armistices should turn out brilliant...we worked out today that they're series 3 (the whole series Gazzy said.)

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I'm sorry if I'm being INCREDIBLY dense, but what codec does this use?

Shush, come 'ere. Borrow the girlfriend's Powerbook, Download VLC, and never worry about codecs again. If any one asks, I bloody love PCs, okay?