Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:06:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Armando Iannucci - Clinton: His Struggle With Dirt (Download)

Started by Neil, March 09, 2004, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairnsi

Neil

Any chance correcting the colour when you do a lower size file for us on dial up?Will it be web hosted like the 178mb file?

Is the armistace only series 3?I remember another person on the Armistace thread also offered tapes, probably series 1 and 2?

Rats

Yes, give us everything now and in glorious technicolour you lazy irish tit

fanny splendid

I've just run out of mayonaise. You couldn't nip down the shops, could you?

benthalo

QuoteIs the armistace only series 3?I remember another person on the Armistace thread also offered tapes, probably series 1 and 2?

And I might have neglected to mention that I have off-airs of every broadcast. I remember my surprise that, having passed copies on to many people over the years, only series 3 is in circulation.

There were six editions in series 3 (09/01 - 13/02/98), although 3.5 was amended with a different intro for a pre-empted repeat, so best check for that.

Fluffy the Cat

mitzidog

QuoteIs the armistace only series 3?I remember another person on the Armistace thread also offered tapes, probably series 1 and 2?

I am hoping to get the tapes of Armistice next week to put through my shiny new video capture device. If I get the tapes in time I'll encode them by Monday week. Once I know what I've got I'll contact Neil and/or Weekender to talk about distributing them as I have no hosting space and am only online "not at home".

Village Branson

Thanks mitzidog-there's a demand out there for these shows, even if I can only speak on behalf of me!

cairnsi

cool mitzidog

is that s1 and s2?

Is the Friday Night Armistace shows still too rare for a chance to get them?

Neil

I got a new sound card from Steve bass2rez today so encoding is much less hassle for me now.  I've done two episodes of Friday NIght Armistice series 3, and a couple of Peter Cook Revolvers.  I'll probably torrent one of the Armistice encodes later tonight.  

QuoteOnce I know what I've got I'll contact Neil and/or Weekender to talk about distributing them as I have no hosting space and am only online "not at home".

Yes no probs, if you can send me a DAV-R of them or something then I can torrent them.

Darrell

Can you encode copied tapes now, Neil? Or have you got some amazing 1st-gen Revolvers?

Because if you can - I've got the fantastic 'Morris and Iannucci collect British Comedy Award for OTH' clip off Jemfred, which is pretty poor quality. Otherwise I can just do it as an MP3.

Neil

Well the tape Gaz sent is his original one, and the Armistice caps very nicely from that.  The Revolvers however are taped off VHI some years ago when I had cable!  They look great, I just need to compress them down a bit and then get them to Tom so they can go on Stabbers.  Regards copied tapes, I've got my encoding totally sorted and can deal with them a bit better, it depends on the quality of the material really, but certainly some of the stuff from the tape Bent Halo sent me should be rescueable.  I'm probably going to do more Armistice encodes first though.

These are large pics (640k) from the compressed Armistice files.
http://chilled.cream.org/extra/armistice1.PNG
http://chilled.cream.org/extra/armistice2.PNG

Darrell

Ooh nice. You need to capitalise the extensions on the links though for the pics to work.

gazzyk1ns

Wow those are good, have you tried encoding any from the "worse" eps yet? I wasn't getting mixed up was I, there are a couple of dodgier quality ones at the beginning? It's ages since I watched the first half of the tape.

benthalo

Quotebut certainly some of the stuff from the tape Bent Halo sent me should be rescueable.

I've upgraded my machines recently, so I could probably do much better copies now if you want to give me specifics.

Darrell

Which bit of Armistice was it that had to be spliced out and destroyed because it was apparently libellious or something? I can't remember.

Neil

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Wow those are good, have you tried encoding any from the "worse" eps yet? I wasn't getting mixed up was I, there are a couple of dodgier quality ones at the beginning? It's ages since I watched the first half of the tape.

Hmm the first couple on the tape seem fine actually, in fact I can probably torrent the first episode tonight.  Number 4 didn't turn out well so I'm getting some space cleared, defragging and trying it again.  

Quote from: "bent halo"
I've upgraded my machines recently, so I could probably do much better copies now if you want to give me specifics.

Coo, thanks!  The main thing I'm having problems with is The Time The Place, but I'll check the rest out using my new method and let you know!  So far it seems to be grabbing stuff a lot more efficiently.

cairnsi

how big are they Neil?

Torrents seem to vanish fast as you found out with Clinton the seeders just disappear with the file, I know you mentioned on Soulseek there were three seeders then when you checked you were the only one left!

Im sure Clintons only spread because of Weekenders freewebspace?

Neil

The Armistice shows are about 230 an ep.  Actually the Torrent worked very well, there were over 120 completions in a couple of days, and many of those will hopefully be sharing the file on soulseek.  Gavin offered to release stuff on the Edonkey networks before so maybe that can be set up too.

Village Branson

I know this isn't really the right place, but just quickly (esp if the answer's "no"), is there a way of getting Soulseek running on a Mac?

butnut

Quote from: "Village Branson"I know this isn't really the right place, but just quickly (esp if the answer's "no"), is there a way of getting Soulseek running on a Mac?

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=871

Look at me + fanny's chat.

Village Branson

Thanks for pointing that out!
Gives me a few things to think about.

Purple Tentacle

Sorry to be Captain Slowcoach, but I FINALLY got round to watching this last night due to work-related CD burner issues, and fucking loved it.

More importantly I have completely converted Ms_Tentacle to Armando Iannucci, she actually thanked me for showing it to her. Excellent.

In a way I found myself frustrated at not being able to hear more of the New American...  Oval Microsoft, Jesus Sandwich, excellent.

ALso, what happened with the scooshing incident? The grainy video made grainier by Divx made it quite hard to make out, did he actually ejaculate, or did he just spill his milk?

"I was quite used to my husband coming to bed stinking of milk."

The "taking it up the arse" gag had me hooting far louder than was strictly necessary too.

Wow, what incisive Comedy analysis that was.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Quote from: "weekender"Well, my torrent's finished and no-one appears to be uploading from me, so I've made the decision to shut the torrent down.

I've uploaded the file to here:

http://comedy.richardportway.com/Armando%20Iannucci%20-%20Clinton%20His%20Struggle%20With%20Dirt%20[neilbombd].avi

So that if people still want it, they can grab it from there.

Cheers Neil et al for the file.

Don't think that this link is working properly to be honest, it got to about 2%then collapsed, tried again and it got to about 7%and did the same thing.

Finally nabbed it off Soulseek though (haven't watched it yet though) so if any dial-uppers don't have the time to get it, pm me and I'll fire a few out in the post (along with any odds and sods I might have of interest) until Neil gets round to the low quality encode that he said hemight do.

weekender

Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"Don't think that this link is working properly to be honest, it got to about 2%then collapsed, tried again and it got to about 7%and did the same thing.

Hmm, that's strange, it works fine for me.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

weekender

Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"Probably just this shit pc then weekender.
Well, could be your connection.  Are you on 56k?  If so, might be worth getting a download manager.  If you're not, I'm buggered as to why it's not working.  If you've got a download manager and it's still not working, my arse is really going to hurt tonight (because I'm buggered again, see).

It would appear that I have an obsession with buggery tonight.  Fuck knows why that is - cider, I'm looking at you, you apple based cunt.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Haha. I'm on broadband anyway. I'll try again, just for the crack (buggery you say?) and report back.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Yeah weekender, it worked tonight. My computer obviously has leprosy or something.

2pintz

weekender, i don't want to sound like a feltcher, but is there any chance you can upload the friday night armistice episode to your webspace? only i can't get bittorrent to work, and soulseek is being really slow for me at home

2pintz
(using all his charm (which is none))

weekender

I would if I could get hold of it.  I should be back trading like a motherfucker (by PM, naturally) soon though, so keep your eyes peeled and I *might* be able to sort something out in due course.