Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:36:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"...Look Out Now! For The New On The Hour Downloads, In The On The Hour Section, Now!"

Started by TJ, March 09, 2004, 02:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

If you wander over to the On The Hour page, you'll find a couple of interesting new additions - namely the unbroadcast pilot show put together shortly before the recording of the first series in 1991, and the compilation transmitted by Radio 1 in 1993. There isn't really that much in the way of new material in either show (literally no more than a couple of seconds in the case of the latter), but what is interesting is the different manner in which it is all assembled. Not to mention the odd line of dialogue and even some entire sketches that were cut before broadcast, and Armando's wonderful plug for the OTH cassette (and Simon Bates' hysterics while trying to read it out!). Obviously there's plenty to discuss about these two remarkable rarities, so feel free to join in over at the Comedy Chat forum, where you'll also find a very long and very interesting discussion on the merits of DVD extras.

Speaking of which... the BBC have apparently finally abandoned that hideous Alan Partridge-dominated mockup cover for the DVD release of The Day Today, and have opted instead for a tasteful glossy effort featuring one of the promo shots of Chris Morris. You can see it by clicking here or taking a look at this thread. We're hoping to have definite confirmation of the DVD's contents soon, so keep an eye on the site as we'll be posting it up here as soon as we know anything concrete.

Finally for this time, we've been sent a bit more information on the forthcoming Chris Morris television project from Ben McLeish:

QuoteAs usual the papers have it wrong. A friend of mine who lives with me in london recently shot a short film and used Morris's costume designer. She has told stories of the crew on Morris's new project holding their heads in their hands whilst shooting because what's being shot is so disturbing.

I also ran into Mark Heap recently (name-drop) and he told me he's in a new scrubs style hospital black comedy out at Easter. 6 1-hour episodes. Sounds wicked. He then called me a 'sick freak' when i said i liked Jam. Oh well...

This does sound a little implausible, not to mention somewhat at odds with everything that has been leaked about the new show so far, but we appreciate *any* information (so if you have any, please send it to the site email address). In any case, let's face it, we're not going to have a clue what the show's like until it's actually broadcast!

Neil

TJ split it and moved it to Comedy Chat so the pilot can be discussed more, check in there!

bakagaijin

Was hoping to download the episodes of On The Hour that I'm currently missing.  I'm getting an error message when I try to download them, and I can't find them anywhere (including UKNova).

Any news about whether the files will become available again?

TJ

Quote from: "bakagaijin"Was hoping to download the episodes of On The Hour that I'm currently missing.  I'm getting an error message when I try to download them, and I can't find them anywhere (including UKNova).

They're on UKNova right now - they're constantly bumped on there at any rate.

bakagaijin

Quote from: "TJ"
Quote from: "bakagaijin"Was hoping to download the episodes of On The Hour that I'm currently missing.  I'm getting an error message when I try to download them, and I can't find them anywhere (including UKNova).

They're on UKNova right now - they're constantly bumped on there at any rate.

Any chance you could give me a link? I've tried searching for them myself, and tried following the link on these forums, but couldn't see them.  I guess I'm just being stupid, but I'd appreciate your assistance.

Timmay

I've checked the On The Hour downloads page, and I'm sure I've got everything that is on there on my mirror here. Can someone in the know check it and tell me if I need to download anything else?

megtdog

Just wondered if I could find attention scum anywhere on this site. I have seen several links leading here but not yet come across anything matching the description.

Duffy

Anonymous

Quote from: "megtdog"Just wondered if I could find attention scum anywhere on this site. I have seen several links leading here but not yet come across anything matching the description.

Attention Scum is available on bittorrent, just google it

PopePhil

all my On The Hour mp3's have VANISHED from my computer, and the CDs I had them burnt onto have disappeared as well...  and my UKNOVA account seems to have died on me.

I'm very cross

Drumlake Old Boys Club

Quote from: "Timmay"http://www.cabmirror.co.uk
Nice, very nice! This is exactly what we need to keep the episodes in circulation. I've started seeding these instead of the ones at the pirate bay. Thanks Timmay!

PopePhil

get'em.  thanks.

the mystery remains: where did my copies of the files and the cd-roms go???