Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Lovely"

Started by jimmy jazz, February 19, 2006, 10:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"Urgh it's like a womb full of noses.  Urgh!

Lovely.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "Gavin"Barry Foster in that Hitchcock film Frenzy. It's what he says when he's doing his murdering I think.

I haven't seen this film for twenty years.

That's a great little film.  That's what he says when he strangles them with his tie.  Breaking the dead woman's fingers in the back of the potato lorry to retrieve his "tie-pin" is another great moment.

Lovely.  LOVELY. LOOVEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLY.

peet

Say the word lovely to yourself quickly 100 times. It's possible to temporarily forget your own name.
lovely

Almost Yearly

:-) Like that.

Lovely starts with a love, ends with a Lee ... dur-nur nuur ne-nurr ... Didn't think it through did I.

The word lovely still carries some unfortunate residual Philadelphia cheese, in my head at least. Vacant, bored receptionist tones. A touch of the A12. But I do use it quite regularly for its loveliness and would dearly like to break what's left of this association. It's a great word. Compare and contrast "nice" and "sweet" - would you rather overhear someone calling you those, or lovely? No competition is there. 'Es a laavly bloke. Perhaps I should think of it in Brummie for a while. Loovlay. Loovlay. See it still sounds lovely.

Oscar

Quote from: "peet"Say the word lovely to yourself quickly 100 times. It's possible to temporarily forget your own name.
lovely

maybe that should be played to pretty girls on the bus, keep a copy of it handy, maybe on the mobile. It'd charm me, that's for sure.

Lt Plonker

I just can't break the connection!

jimmy jazz

Frinky

Yeah, sitting about 10 foot from KT doing a wiggle while changing guitar strings certianly counts as "lovely"; I'm sure Des Nilsen can back me up on that one!

jimmy jazz

Quote from: "Frinky"I'm a lucky wanker, tits, bastard, cunt

You lucky, lucky person. You saw loveliness embodied! Well, her and Emma Watson

Frinky

Haha!

Yeah, this was just after that Jools performance a year and a bit ago... I think I saw her on Feb 13th, too, which makes it even sexier... but yeah. Seated in a tiny venue, with her dancing around while swapping guitars and being lovely and there was a point where I'd probably have married her.

Aw.

Brad

KT Tunstall always gives me the impression that she wears no knickers! (or bra come to that.)

Eeek, just Googled her. Youse guys are bent.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"Eeek, just Googled her. Youse guys are bent.

"You are either lying, blind or mad."

Sorry to descent to quoting Blackadder, but it has to be one of the three.

Although Brad's revolting rumination cheapens her. For shame.

Des Nilsen

Quote from: "Frinky"Yeah, sitting about 10 foot from KT doing a wiggle while changing guitar strings certianly counts as "lovely"; I'm sure Des Nilsen can back me up on that one!

Oh yes!. Lovelylovelylovelylovely.

-

Jemble Fred

See, KT TUnstall officially turns men into Neil Kinnock.

But the important thing is, she's fucking brilliant.

ffogems

Yeah, but I bet she has a shit fanny.

I can't disassociate her from all those young, insipid musicians marketed at the middle ground shruggers and those with a penchant for Sunday games of 'ruggers'.
Katie Melua, Jamie Culum, the other one. They all seem the same to me. I haven't really heard much of KT thingy, but her album cover, that pose of feigned pensivity, makes me not want to listen to her.

TotalNightmare

i think she is bland and too much like an wood imp for my liking.

Frinky

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"i think is

Are you sure?

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "TotalNightmare"i think is

Are you sure?

Errr..... no.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "ffogems"Katie Melua, Jamie Culum, the other one. They all seem the same to me.

Well, that's cool, as long as you realise this prejudice is all in your head.

ffogems

I didn't mean musically.

Ciarán2

I think I just thought of the sound of the word "lovely". It sounds lovely. Lovely is on of my favourite words. And when Stephen Fry was on Room 101 didn't they do a thing called "Room Lovely"? They ought to do that show for real, Room 101 is terrible now.

Almost Yearly

In that photo she's not wearing knickers I think, ("woo-hoo") and her profile looks like Abi Titmuss, facially at least.

Gazeuse

I don't think she's wearing an arse in that picture either.

Frinky

Quiet, you.

As soon as the Mrs dumps me, I'm after her. She's in my Required Age Range, anyway.

Shame about the boots, though. Damn shame.

Tokyo Sexwhale

This is KT Tunstall the always on Local FM, crap scatting, average-looking KT Tunstall?

Jack Shaftoe

Well presumably. I always bundled her in with the Kate Meluas myself. Give me Martha Wainwright or Jenny Something from Rilo Kiley any day...

Frinky

I've also sat 10 feet from Martha in the same venue, now you mention it.

falafel

You mean this lass?

ed:God, I bet she was terrified...

Frinky