Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

----------------------

Started by sore bottom mum, February 03, 2004, 06:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are cigarettes actually good for you?

surprisingly Yes
7 (43.8%)
No, they give children cancer
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 03, 2004, 06:52:23 PM

sore bottom mum

Vermschneid Mehearties

Hmm. We've been killed to death with polls recently!

I'm a non-smoker, and all the better for it. I don't stink for starters, I'm not a scruffy asocial cunt, I don't chew the cheeks off live donkeys, I don't waste my money on needless puffy smadge, and I think about other peoples feelings.

Watch them come.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Mmm yes a difficult poser isn't it. Up there with,

Rape's not so bad it feels quite nice

Jet Set Willy

Yes its bad for you, and maybe its giving up fags that means you cant sleep, and you're blaming it irrationally on someone's TV.

Also, put more effrot into your posts when starting a thread, or people will start not liking you.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"Also, put more effrot into your posts when starting a thread, or people will start not liking you.
<filthbeast> Anyone with a username like that is just fine by me... </filthbeast>

sore bottom mum

I must put more effort in.
Message understood Willy
I feel ashamed at myself

El Unicornio, mang

You will feel a lot healthier if you can keep it up, so go for it.

All these people who go on about 'passive smoking' are talking bollocks though, so don't feel intimidated by other people complaining about having to breathe 'second hand smoke'. Yes, it's annoying and smells, but no it's not a big health hazard like folk would have you believe.

Smackhead Kangaroo

YOu know I'm finding it very hard to think of any pro's for cigarettes, I think I'm still biased form when I worked at the tobacco and alcohol counter at the supermarket. But even hardened puffers will admit that it does stink, cost a lot of money leave stains everywhere, and occasionally cause psychotic mania when you desperately need one. There is no converse equivalent.

Surely you're restricting your above claims to passive smoking right? I'll just presume you are. there all better

I must stick up for cigarette smokers...
I think it uses up all your consuming needs.... keeps you slim
...and makes you look smelly.
It's also a nice regular time to stop and reflect each day!
Cigarettes are good

butnut

Quote from: "The Unicorn"All these people who go on about 'passive smoking' are talking bollocks though, so don't feel intimidated by other people complaining about having to breathe 'second hand smoke'. Yes, it's annoying and smells, but no it's not a big health hazard like folk would have you believe.

Yes - it seems slightly bizarre in a place like Califorina, that you can't smoke in 99% of places but the hugley-polluting-and-lung-damaging car is King. How does that work?

(I'm a non-smoker by the way)

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"

Surely you're restricting your above claims to passive smoking right? I'll just presume you are. there all better

Yes.

I know all about how bad smoking is. I only smoke 2 cigarettes a day but I still feel out of breath if I run for longer than 10 seconds.

They've banned smoking in restaurants here, which I personally don't mind, but if they ban smoking in pubs like they did in New York/California then I'm moving.
They're even talking about banning smoking in Amsterdam! There goes the tourist trade then!

Ambient Sheep

Hang on, are we walking over a bridge here at the moment?

Silver SurferGhost

It's poll madness I tells yer

sore bottom mum

I've just started again.....just bought 10 B&H.

Space ghost

Good.At least now you can roll a joint.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Hang on, are we walking over a bridge here at the moment?
Yes, I thought we were.