Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for a video shop

Started by Village Branson, March 03, 2006, 12:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Village Branson

Bit of a random request, and if it's the wrong thing to be posting, or posting here, then please treat me mean mods, I love it (but will also take note of the lesson and I'm getting away from the point...)

If anyone knows of a rare movie/video shop in London, then it would be super great if I could know about it. Think of those record shops that are still full of vinyl, but for films.

A long shot, but from where I'm sitting, one worth going for, as I'm making this film you see...

:)

Cheers in advance

slim

I think there's a rare/old video shop in Camden market, up above a cafe or something, but I can't remember any of the contents I'm afraid. They might not be that rare...

terminallyrelaxed

I wish I could remember the name of that chain - they were in Brighton when I went there but I think they were dotted around the country too, its a video rental place that did an awful lot of foreign old or cult films, half their stock was this stuff. The logo was a white background with a strip of film, they were called something like 'videobox' but no videobox. I rented that scandinavian film Junk Mail there, I think.

Sorry, thats not much help, is it.

slim

The one I was thinking of is here:

http://www.camdenlockmarket.com/flash_main.htm

Go to "Shops & Stalls" on the left, then "Film, Books & Music" and then "Up the Video Junction".