Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Amplifier (the band).

Started by Mentalist (Possibly), March 09, 2004, 08:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalist (Possibly)

I've heard a brief nugget of their music on a 'modern prog' documentary on Radio 1 before I got sick of Zane Lowe's bollocks and Mary Ann Hobbs dismissing prog and then getting uptight when she realized The Mars Volta are pretty much progressive. I've lost any liking for her now.

:huff:

ANYWAY, I like what I've heard - that being long, drawn out chord progressions with heavy as fuck bass and guitars.
They're releasing a self-titled debut on May 10th through Music For Nations; they're a trio from Manchester and I've just missed them playing alongside Winnebego Deal on a recent tour.

I'm looking for interesting links and/or an opinion or two (couldn't do without that).
It's sort of irritating when you're after info on a band and cannot find a sausage on the search engines. I had to go to the bloody NME for a nugget or two. (That said, there were also shitty nuggets - one for the 'ridiculous review' type thread, I think).

But let me know more about them, somebody. Please.

Edit: I've found their official site, oddly enough the same name as this thread. Ho-hum.

Amplifiertheband.com/

There are some sound clips for people who have realplayer there, and some lovely photos.

-

Pilf

Even though they sound right up my street I've managed to not hear anything at all by them. Time to remedy that I think...

I do know that Organ] love them, so there is bound to be some info on their site for you.

boki

Calling a single 'The Consultancy' is always a good way to pique the interest of the fishes from the snowy pond, and as it happens it's a good 'un.  Not really too proggy, just a bit left-field with a good chunky rawk sound for effective cranial oscillation an' that.  Actually, I've not put it on for a few weeks, so I'm gonna have to dig it out in a bit.