Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Invite to Oink or similar torrent tracker

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, March 03, 2006, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cack Hen

Yeah but it's ot easy uploading anything. Well, it's not for me. Usually if I'm really lucky after leaving the torrent open for days I'll upload about 20mb on it.

Hmm, I find that if I rip something it'll be snatched within about twenty minutes. Also, now is a good time for tactical downloading. Try some new giant FLACs of Beethoven's collected works (or something equally gigantic), all the upload benefits of something popular enough to always have leechers, plus it's massive so you're getting fat props too. I can't stress enough the uploading benefits of jumping on stuff early. Even if I'm not interested in it particularly, if you predict it'll be popular, get in quick and reap the benefits.

Anyway, I do sound like a complete and utter ratio twat now, I guess I'm just a bit more careful this time round after getting thrown off there within 24 hours last time I was invited. I also heard that the person who invited you gets a slapped wrist if you arse around.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

If anyone would like an invite to Oink then hit me up on that thar PM button. I have 4 to dispense thanks to my new Power User status.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Toad in the Hole

Quote from: "Cack Hen"Yeah but it's ot easy uploading anything. Well, it's not for me. Usually if I'm really lucky after leaving the torrent open for days I'll upload about 20mb on it.

Stop all your other files uploading.  I'm only on a 1Mb / 55k connection, and I get an average of 25-30kb/sec.  If you're using Azureus click on top file, shift-click bottom file, that should enable you to stop them all.

Sorry for the delayed response!

Toad in the Hole

I have a few going spare at the moment, for people who promise to be good with them.  PMs please.

Toad in the Hole

Toad in the Hole

No more invites coming from me, having got warned for inviting someone who'd apparently already been banned.  Careful, people.

vacant

Me again.
 Got another load of invites. As i  think i said before, don't just download and run, it's not fair, and it's not good, and stupid as well. Several people i gave invites to last time did exactly that. I'd prefer to give an invite to someone who has been here for a while, therefore i am able to trust them a bit better.   To be fair, i haven't downloaded much from there for quite a long while. but at least i know it's there , if i'm looking for obscure stuff.
   If i get bombarded, you might not get a reply, but as a power user, i get invites all the time, so hang on in there.

vacant

Sorry to the people who asked for an invite back in May. I'll sort it out over the weekend. I think i've got your email addresses, so hang on there and you'll hear from me, providing my laptop doesn't crash again and lose all my stuff.

So... anyone have a spare invite knocking around? I promise to be good! Sorry for being a cheeky monkey :p

Famous Mortimer

Also, any dimeadozen invites floating around?

Toad in the Hole

I didn't think Dimeadozen was an invite site...?  Thought it was the same as that other TV site we don't mention, which is just pot luck as to when they have slots free.

NoSleep

A couple of days ago Oink disappeared on me. Both the site and the tracker. But after speaking with a couple of people I came across a link that gave this useful info to fix the problem:

Quotethis is taken from their site

The servers were actually running just fine for those who could access them, but there were DNS issues preventing some from accessing the site. We're not sure why, but our domain registrar's nameservers "forgot" about our domain. Anyway, everything should be back to normal now smile.

access the IP .. the domain is just messed up

fix for Windows:
Quotego to C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc, there is a file there called hosts, open it in notepad, then add:
85.17.40.71 oink.me.uk
85.17.40.69 tracker.oink.me.uk
85.17.40.70 irc.oink.me.uk

If your BT client still can't connect to the tracker after adding those, restart it, and it should work OK.

fix for Mac:
Quote1. Open Terminal
2. In terminal Window type:

sudo pico /etc/hosts

3. Give terminal your Password

You now have a file opened in Terminal so we continue.

4. You now see some IP's. At the bottom of the list add these:

85.17.40.69 tracker.oink.me.uk
85.17.40.70 irc.oink.me.uk
85.17.40.71 oink.me.uk

5. Then ctrl and x for exit -- then y for confirmation -- then return-key.

And now you can access the site again.

Cack Hen

I don't know why, but that just won't work for me. It seems to be working fine for everybody else, though, so I think it must be me but I really can't see what I'm doing wrong.

My hosts file looks like this-

Quote# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
85.17.40.71    oink.me.uk
85.17.40.69    tracker.oink.me.uk
85.17.40.70    irc.oink.me.uk

But oink.me.uk still won't open. I found that I can access the site by going to http://85.17.40.71/ but it won't connect to any torrents.

Famous Mortimer

Yeah, Hen, it's working okay for me after that fix (thanks for posting it NoSleep).

Sivead

NoSleep

Quote from: Cack Hen on July 01, 2007, 01:53:53 AM
I don't know why, but that just won't work for me. It seems to be working fine for everybody else, though, so I think it must be me but I really can't see what I'm doing wrong.

My hosts file looks like this-

But oink.me.uk still won't open. I found that I can access the site by going to http://85.17.40.71/ but it won't connect to any torrents.

If you're able to get to the site with that server address link, then take a look at this discussion in their forum... http://oink.me.uk/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=86295&page=1 as others may be experiencing the same problems as you. I saw something about flushing the DNS cache, which may be what you need to do.

Site works OK for me, no modifications made to my HOSTS file.

Robot Devil

Any Oink invites going? Pleeease? This is rapidly becoming my internet Everest...

Cack Hen

I read through that thread and couldn't find an answer. I've flushed the DNS and that hasn't helped. Gah!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Have you tried restarting your torrent client and internet browser?

Cack Hen

Yes, and my computer. I've tried changing the external announce but that won't work either.

Hank Aviary

I've got a couple of spare OiNK invites, PM me if you need one (and you're not a hit-and-runner!)

Cack Hen

I've fixed it now, sort of. I just tried a different client.

NoSleep

News from Oink (in case anybody is still having difficulties connecting)
Quote2007-07-02 - OiNK.me.uk is no more

Because of the recent DNS issues, and the undesirable solution to fix them, we are changing the site's name from OiNK.me.uk to OiNK.cd.

The OiNK.me.uk domain will soon cease to function, and a full changeover will happen shortly. Please update your bookmarks.

Please also re-download any torrents you may have in your clients in order to update the tracker address. Torrents downloaded from now on will contain 2 tracker addresses, the new OiNK.cd domain, and the tracker's IP address, which should make any future DNS issues less serious. They will also contain the site's IP address in the torrent comment field, in case of future problems. If you have applied the hosts file fix, you won't need to re-download the torrents.

Sorry about the inconvenience, but we deem the name change necessary for the continuation of the site.

Marvin

I've been away from being able to torrent for a fucking age and finally can, so I was wondering if any whores had any spare Oink invites? My account is long expired.

Sovereign

sort me out c'mon I'll take it seriously this time

Famous Mortimer

Me too. My ratio was in the toilet for ever, but I've sorted out my connections and stuff now and would like to give it another pop.