Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Invite to Oink or similar torrent tracker

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, March 03, 2006, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Sovereign on October 10, 2007, 12:13:58 AM
sort me out c'mon I'll take it seriously this time

I sent you one before. You got chucked off. No more invites for you.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

How does Oink keep track of who has been banned in the past?

I was using it a couple of years ago, keeping a very respectable ratio, until I got completely fucked over - I was downloading a torrent of Beatles albums, which got to 98% then kept downloading the last 2% over and over again, at a very high speed, for hours and hours...

I'm no longer using the same computer, or at the same location, but I cannot remember what email address I used for it. If some kind soul was to send me an invite to that same address, would I still be blocked?

Famous Mortimer

Easiest way to do it is to set up a brand new email account like gmail or something that you know has never been used, and get it sent to there.

Famous Mortimer

Anyone got a Myspleen invite? Apparently, they have the first two series of Garry Shandling's show up there.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 31, 2007, 02:49:45 PM
Anyone got a Myspleen invite? Apparently, they have the first two series of Garry Shandling's show up there.
Sorry can't help as I'm 25 GB of uploads off getting invites. Series 3 has just gone up there too though, with the promise of more to come.

Famous Mortimer

Ah bugger, but I've just found someone with em all on DVD anyway so all might not be lost. That's a lot of uploads needed to invite people, by the way.

butnut

I'm hoping these Garry Shandling shows may somehow leak onto another tracker at some point.

Famous Mortimer

If I get em I'll sort people out who send me some blank discs.

But an invite from anyone else reading this thread would be nice :)

Paaaaul

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 01, 2007, 07:30:19 AM
Ah bugger, but I've just found someone with em all on DVD anyway so all might not be lost. That's a lot of uploads needed to invite people, by the way.

You just need a 1:1 ratio for invites, and my uploading has slacked recently, hence my predicament.

Famous Mortimer

Fair do's. Anyone else out there can help?

Neil

I bet they're the captures TTT made last year.  In which case, I think they may still be up on Torrentspy or wherever, must get round to grabbing them myself.

Peking O

Is this Larry Sanders or It's Garry Shandling's Show we're talking about here?

Famous Mortimer

actwithoutwords

Ruddy hell, incegmbh appear to have fucked up my ratio completely. According to them I've uploaded 10 gigs and only downloaded 75 MB, giving me a ridiculous ratio of 135. I've struggled to upload at all according to my utorrent. Less than half of my downloads.
Not sure if I should tell them or if it will sort itself out. In the case of the latter I can't really afford to go on a hog wild downloading spree either.

EDIT: ah just noticed they have bumped everyone by 10gigs to get people downloading.

thugler

Anyone have an invite to waffles.fm? or is there a way I can use my oink email invite to get into it?

thugler

Quote from: nagsworth on November 02, 2007, 01:26:36 PM
You're risking it?

Not sure if they can get anything from my invite email if it's a scam, can they?

alan nagsworth

Nah I meant risking using the site. In the Oink thread in GB people seem to be a bit wary of that whole Waffles thing being advertised pretty blatantly on the old Oink site of all places.

Beck

Quote from: Neil on November 01, 2007, 04:48:56 PM
I bet they're the captures TTT made last year.  In which case, I think they may still be up on Torrentspy or wherever, must get round to grabbing them myself.
Bloody hell, really?! I've had been looking for this for months, but it wasn't popping up on any torrent sites, LimeWire, YouTube, or anywhere really. Closest I'd ever got was some guy on IMDb who apparently had the whole set, but I lost interest after he suggested he was interested in some sort of financial contribution. I'd lost any hope for seeing it really.

Neil

Sorry Beck, I thought we were talking about The Larry Sanders Show, not the other one.

Beck

Heh, oh right. Well I'd be happy to sort you out with Larry Sanders, anyway. Fling me a PM if interested.

TTT

The Garry Shandling Show made it to another popular US TV Tracker. Season 3 is on there now as well.

Beck

Quote from: TTT on November 02, 2007, 09:21:43 PM
The Garry Shandling Show made it to another popular US TV Tracker. Season 3 is on there now as well.
As in 'It's Garry Shandling's Show'?

explodingvinyl

Umm... invite? To anything? Please? I'm lonely.

Toad in the Hole

Marvin

I'm lonely too. What.cd closed my account when I went on holiday despite me trying to tell them beforehand.

explodingvinyl

Quote from: Marvin on March 17, 2008, 02:20:06 AM
I'm lonely too. What.cd closed my account when I went on holiday despite me trying to tell them beforehand.

Why did they do that?

Marvin

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 17, 2008, 09:14:19 AM
Why did they do that?

Can't remember what the rule was at the time, think you had to log in once a fortnight minimum - I e-mailed them to say I was going to be away and when I'd be back etc and had a decent enough ratio, but came back to find my account suspended.

NoSleep

what.cd are about to double the allowed membership and are issuing extra invites to power users (unfortunately not myself) for this purpose.

Artemis

I will trade the specific location of Madeline McCann for an invitation to anything, and £10,000 in unmarked bills.